LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Tell me it gets better

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tell me it gets better
maidodie
Member # 14455

Icon 9 posted      Profile for maidodie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Doxy since July 2007. Zithromax Feb. 2008 and Mepron.

Last week we found out my CD57 went up from 57 last July to 96 this April. My family and I were all very happy.

So, I thought I had the energy so we got lunch out. We fed some ducks. We visited my aunt.

That was Friday. And since them I feel like I'm going to die. How could taking advantage of the first good day I've had in years do this to me? I couldn't go downstairs. I could hardly make it to the bathroom. My POTS was awful and is only slowly going back to the usual crapppiness level it is.

Someone tell me it'll get better. That it's possible to have a few good days in a row. That I won't always have to stay in bed a week after doing a couple things that required nothing more than walking around.

I was so optimistic but for the first time in months I want to crash and crumble into crying. And does this mean my CD57 is down or is it just the POTS?

Thank you!

Posts: 23 | From Virginia | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a horrible disease. [Frown]

I have POTs too and lately, I guess due to warmer temps, have had an increase in symptoms.

It will get better.

Problem is when we do feel well, we feel like we can do everything we used to.

We overdo. Then pay dearly for it for days.

In the beginning I cherished each good hour, then part of days,

Then a whole day! [Smile] Eventually you will get two days together then more.

Unfortunately it is the nature of this nasty beast to not anticipate

How you will feel hour to hour, day to day or week to week.

Don't give up hope. You are not alone.

It will get better.

I am not greedy. I take whatever I can.

I was able to jump on the trampoline with my children yesterday (5 min)

For the first time in months. Probably not today though.

I am so grateful that I was able to yesterday.

That will have to sustain me till the next "golden" moment.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't use the CD57 to see how you're doing. It's not a very good gauge for that.

Go by how you're actually FEELING....and always do less than what you think you can do until you begin to get a feel for what your body is REALLY able to handle.

Hope that made sense!! Take it easy! This recovery thing is a slow process, but you will make it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been battling this for quite some time now.

I still have trouble pacing myself but am kind of getting into a routine now.

The most difficult times for me are when I have a good day and then am down for several days afterwards.

The crash is not as difficult as it use to be for me, but it is still a tough time of it.

It will get better.

I have slowly seen improvement over the years.

I have gone to being bedridden to being able to be out two to three times during the day either in my power chair or for a short walk in the forest.

It is a very tricky condition to live with.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kpa
Member # 12079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does get better.

My daughter is being treated for the POTS and
it has been pivotal in getting her life back.

You can PM me if you would like a dr. recommendation.

Best wishes,
kpa

Posts: 56 | From Virginia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will get better.

Trying not to overdo it on better days is a problem. and one i often pay for.

Learning how to gauge how much is too much when it seems like the line i am not supposed to cross is always moving is challenging.

It takes time and pateince but it will get better. Hang in there. [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maidodie
Member # 14455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maidodie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Geneal:
It is a horrible disease. [Frown]

I have POTs too and lately, I guess due to warmer temps, have had an increase in symptoms.

It will get better.

Problem is when we do feel well, we feel like we can do everything we used to.

We overdo. Then pay dearly for it for days.

In the beginning I cherished each good hour, then part of days,

Then a whole day! [Smile] Eventually you will get two days together then more.

Unfortunately it is the nature of this nasty beast to not anticipate

How you will feel hour to hour, day to day or week to week.

Don't give up hope. You are not alone.

It will get better.

I am not greedy. I take whatever I can.

I was able to jump on the trampoline with my children yesterday (5 min)

For the first time in months. Probably not today though.

I am so grateful that I was able to yesterday.

That will have to sustain me till the next "golden" moment.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Thank you!

Yes, I've been learning to treasure moments. I often say "Thank you, Thank you" inside my head to whoever is answering my prayers when I'm able to do something I once took for granted.

My main fear is that I'll always be sick. And I do not at all expect to ever be like I was, but I have a hope that maybe one day I can have a part-time job.

Do people improve that much? Or do we all just kinda shamble about our homes the rest of our lives?

Posts: 23 | From Virginia | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD no longer uses CD57 as a barometer of health for her Lyme Patients. Patients with high readings feel like crap and patients with low readings feel like great.

So don't obsses on the CD57.

As for getting discouraged after a downfall-I sure can relate to that. Half the time I think it was the antibiotics that were so harsh-

but I stuck it out with treatment-and it did get better!!!! Tadaaaa.

So read Success Stories in this forum when you need a lift.

or do just what you did-let it all out! [Razz]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silvermoon
Member # 15072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silvermoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is POTS??
Posts: 32 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome

Yes, you can get better, and yes it does get better.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement