LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My Mother Died Early this Morning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Mother Died Early this Morning
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To <<<<< those who have kept my family in your hearts and prayers >>>>>, Thank You it means more than I can say.

Momma had been hospsitalized since late evening April 10th, she went thru femoral bypass on both legs,left was mending,right foot some healing in heel area,but toes and lower foot [would prolly have been amputated] not so good.

She was making some improvement,and due to 'insurance' needed to be moved to extended care. This happened Wednesday, Last night they tried to take her to Dialysis,later than normal.

She was having issues and couldn't explain [highly medicated etc.]her organs were shutting down. She went from Kidney place w/ no BP number on the lower/just the upper, to the hopsital. So no Dialysis treatment,ER sent her up to ICU, She breathed her last w/ Dad near and my Brother reading Psalms to her.

Momma's not in anymore pain now, no more organs can shut down,or limbs start to die. Wegners Disease/Granulomatosis is a horrible disease. Even tho' she lost this battle I beleive she Won this War! 85% of Wegners patients die w/in the 1st year of diagnosis.

My Mom lived w/ and fought this disease from late '85 until today. As some of her doctors stated: Medical Text books have been rewritten because of my Momma.

I will miss her immensley and always...but she is free and in no more pain ever!!!!

Love grieving Wolfn' kinda wilted right now! [Frown]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH, wolf. I'm so sorry to hear this! Your mom really did rewrite the medical books!

I'm sure it was her will to live and her inner strength that got her this far.

I'm with you. I'm glad she is no longer suffering. How beautiful that your brother was reading Psalms to her.

Hang in there, sweetie. We'll keep praying for your strength and peace. Losing a parent is so tough... and especially when it's a Mom. I know tomorrow will be really tough for your family.

Focus on what your mother meant to all of you. And thank God for the gift of her life.

[group hug] Wolf [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss.

What a fighter your Mom was.

Sending you prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart goes out to you over your immense loss...I wish you peace-of-mind...It will take some time to heal, but you will feel joy in your life again....
Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolf, I am sorry for your loss. lymemomtooo
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Wolf, You're in my prayers, and youre right, your Momma is not suffering anymore! Glad you and Dad were there with her for her last breath. [group hug]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sad to hear of your loss. Sounds your Mom was a courageous inspiration to others inluding her doctors. May you feel peace during this time.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinchotGail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinchotGail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolf,
So sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. Boy she sure fought a long battle. May she rest in peace. Hugs and best wishes go out to you and your family in the days ahead.........

Hugs,

Gail
[group hug]

--------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an
indomitable will ~ Gandhi

Posts: 562 | From Wellsville, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condolences to you and your family.
Will keep all of you in my prayers.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
silver,

my heartfelt sympathies to you and tex on your mom's passing this morning; so glad your dad and brother were there.

if you have my newbie package, do a search on EDIT, FIND, and type in poem collection

it's my post wth 40-50 poems and most touching ones are at the beginning;

the end has 4-6 MOM POEMS! talk to you later today. [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolf,

Peace to you and your family. God Bless your Mother in her journey home.

Love,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear you lost your mother. I hope you can feel her spirit close to you and loving you still.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are with you. I am sorry for your loss but glad to know your mom is at peace.

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your loss so close to Mother's Day. Your mother endured a lot of pain and illness to stay with you. please take care of yourself.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your great loss.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Wolfie, so sorry to hear! My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

--Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for comfort for you and all those who are mourning this loss.

Lily

Posts: 219 | From Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my thoughts are with you..
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SilverWolf,

I'm so very sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs, Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf...

I'm so sorry of the passing of your mom......
I'm sure it was a comfort to you and your family that your Dad was there with her.

thinking of you,
[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost my beloved Mother on May 1st. I truly understand what you are going through.

I will never recover from this.

I will pray for both of us.

Hugs and kisses.....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of hugs to you Wolf. So sorry for you loss.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lymer Family and each one who've suffered loss of loved ones >>>>>,

Thank You for the kind words,hugs and prayers. Things aren't settled yet,but we are going to go to Seattle for Friday,unless dad just wont hear of it.

Dad hadn't fully recovered from his own surgery as yet [from Late Nov.'07]. Then Mom started worsening in Dec. She turned 73,March 10, went back into the hospital April 10th, and died early a.m. May 10th.

Dad still has balance and neuro issues,and is of course, having trouble concentrating. Brother is also very torn up,but trying to help as best he can.

If things went well today,they should have a decision,on Cremation/Funeral/Memorial service etc.

What insurance there is wont cover enough,and the cremation is less costly.

We are all concerned about my fathers health,and don't want to lose him now,so soon after Momma passing.

Hubby *TxC' [*TxCoord = treatment coordinator,work w/ troubled youth etc.] is also a minister,tho' we have had to resign, as some of y'all know [still upset over that].

He thinks maybe we can help Dad and brother, even if it is just someone to talk to,shoulder lean on and such.

Going up Seattle way,I hope will bring me some closure too.

<<<<< Randibear >>>>> I agree,it isn't something one can just get over...losing a loved one,just stays w/ us. I am praying for peace and comfort.

Anyone who has suffered loss,don't let others try to tell you when you should be done grieving.

Sorrow,comes in waves and storms,sometimes there can be long periods of calm [weeks months, years],and for any reason or no reason the sadness of missing those passed away will hit.

Cry if you need to,and laugh when your able as well...if at all possible. Both tears and laughter are medicine , healing/cleansing.

I know where my Mom is,not the shell that was her body,...but her aliveness/Spirit/soul... I'll see her again...but it doesn't mean I wont miss her always!!!

Better go,I seem to be good at 'writing' novelette letters...

Love Silverwolf[ Wolfn']

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[dizzy] I should know better than to think things are semi-settled... There may be a funeral/simple graveside service yet...In Oregon.

Family is waiting to hear back from a Mortuary there,who may be of help for a whole lot less than the intiial burial costs we 'd all tho't.

Bt we don't know when yet... so we may be going a week after we tho't? or This week...?

I'll be so glad when it is all settled... [dizzy] Just Silverwolfi all cornfused. [BBL when we know more.]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart goes out to you. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Celebrate her life every day - talk about her with others, keep pictures around, tell stories about her and share with others - and she will always be with you. [group hug]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] I am so sorry for your loss silverwolf [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hellloooo <<<<< Lymer Family >>>>>,

Things are finaly settled,we leave tommorrow afternoon, will be in Seattle Friday,and leave prolly Sunday for Oregon.

Mom and Dad were raised in Oregon,so will have graveside service there [instead of Cremation].

TxC' will do the graveside service Monday,and after dinner we'll have to head back home.

Thank Creator it is finally settled,dad was afraid it might have to be put off a week. But everything has come together.

TxC' and I are in the process of moving,so when we get home,it is back to packing and sorting boxes.

I have appreciated the kind tho'ts hugs and prayers from y'all so much!

Mommas brother died just before Christmas, and I lost another uncle in '06,and TxC's' younger brother too.Then my Father-in-law summer '05...and there was more...

So I am going to set up a special spot,in the old trailer home we are renting,as we find pictures of loved one and such,we'll make a place there. Just soemwhee we can sit quietly...think...pray etc.

Gotta go nap a bit so I can get to packing.TxC has to work midnight shift *tonmigh[ oops, *tonight...i tyup rrrreel gud...],and has a job interview in the afternoon before we leave... so I'll check in when we get back.
Love SilverWolf

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sorry to hear about your Mother's passing Silverwolf. Take one day at a time. We are thinking of you [group hug]

Take care your friend Cassie [kiss]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very sorry about the loss of your mother wolf.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry for your loss...You will be in my prayers. [group hug]
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
silver,

have a safe trip while you make your final memories of this event ... [group hug] [kiss]

love your idea where you go next to have MEMORIAL WALL OF PHOTOS of those in your heart.

best wishes on packing, etc. has anyone THERE offered to help you 2 ?? since they are CHURCH FOLKS?? [group hug] [kiss]

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hellooooooo <<<<< Lymer Family >>>>>,

We are back here,and getting back to packing.

Momma was buried across the way from my Dads folks.

It went as well as could be expected, my TxC'[hubby], did the little graveside service. It was full of love and heartfelt.

He brought some sweet and funny memories of Momma,and made us laugh for a moment. It was of course very hard to go thru this.

My Dad isn't doing very well,but he did try to maintain. We will be keeping in close touch by phone w/ him,even more so now.

<<<<< Betty >>>>>,as to the moving,we have a friend who has offered to help. He helped us get stuff moved in here before.

I don't expcect much help will be offered in actually packing up. But we'll do our best. Sooner we leave here the better!

Trek will be home from his nightshift w/ the teens shortly. He'll try to get an hours sleep then go to a job interview.

We got in last evening from the funeral trip,Trek napped a bit then went to work.

I'll be back in later... Love Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
silver, thanks for the update! praying for you and txC [group hug] [kiss]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement