LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Free Lyme hostel in Maryland-- for LLMD appt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Free Lyme hostel in Maryland-- for LLMD appt
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a standing offer.

I'm offering to host any and all Lyme patients and families who travel from out of state to visit this area's Lyme docs.

Two of three docs are within 20 minutes driving distance of my house,the third is a fairly short Metro train trip away.

Lodging is free, I'm a pretty good cook [Cool] , and unless schedules make it impossible, I'd be happy to help you get where you need to go.

My email is: [email protected]

dilly

[ 02. July 2008, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: sometimesdilly ]

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dilly this is so nice of you.

I wish I had seen this when i went down there for my disability testing in may.

Hopefully, someone will be able to take you up on this very kind offer :-)

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can't-

sorry to have missed you in May. please be in touch if you come this way again.

[Smile] dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 10 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a nice gesture for you to do. I will keep you in mind when searching for an LLMD. Having a heck of a time finding one.

Hugs for your kindness,

Perplexed [confused]

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

dilly, i've missed seeing you post or just didn't read the ones you replied too.

God bless you for your sincere, heartfelt invitation!!!

may i ask what 3 cities you are close to?

i'll note your kind offer in my personal nationwide llmd list when giving out info to marylander llmds!!

hope you are feeling much better than the last time i remember; you'd hit bottom around that time.

just can't keep up with everyone.

May the good Lord take a liking to you as Tennessee Ernie Ford would say! and he/she has to you!! [lol] [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perplexed- hugs to YOU. and as i mentioned, there is no expiration date on the offer...

Betty- [kiss] [kiss]

i haven't been here in a long while. my hands have been too full for a long long while doing full-tilt Lyme battle for two; my son especially is not doing well. i miss you- thanks for asking after me.

Hope you are hanging in. Like you, I can't seem to keep up even with the folks who matter most to me. sorry.

As for location. The two nearby docs are outside Baltimore; the further-away doc is in DC/Northern VA, a commuting distance away.

hugs again, dill

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got ice cream? If so... you've got company!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish you lived in NY!!! [Big Grin] Then we could sit in the same room and still talk via Lyme Chat! [lol]

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

((Six- yep, chat must go on, even if we were roomies...smooches))

And ah, TinCup!!!

if I thought you'd actually come visit me here, I would:

1. buy a cow and feed it only four leaf clovers for good luck

2. hire a cabana boy to milk the cow

3. use the milk to make cream

4. make any kind of ice-cream your heart desires, fresh, in any quantity

5. have the cabana boy serve the ice-cream to you

6. let you choose from a menu of musician neighbors and have your choice come over and play their best music for you- we have a rock and roll band in the 'hood, a string quartet, a violinist, and a crowd who get together on friday nights for sing-a-long folk, most of whom can sing in tune (that does not include me).

7. you will please have to give me advance notice if you do come so i can line up the cow and a reliable cabana boy.. [Cool] [Big Grin]

hugs.... pickles

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA!

Good thing I dropped over here and saw this response. I certainly wouldn't want to miss this wonderful offer!

Soooooooooo nice too! It made me laugh all the way through it!

[lol]

But, as well intened as you may be.... I KNOW you can't keep a cow in the city! Silly Dilly!!!

Not unless you hide it in your guest room and have really big doggie poop bags to sneak out the mess!

[Eek!]

And trying to feed it ONLY 4 leaf clovers? ummmmmm???

I can see the police report now.. or better yet... see it as a front page story in the Baltimore Sun.

"Kidnapped cow charged with aggravated assault and arson after being fed 4 leaf clovers and kept locked in the home of local city woman who claimed she kept the cow in her bedroom for ice cream making purposes."

Of course, WBAL will read the story to listeners while playing this old tune.

No, wait. I think this is more like Don and Marty's style.

Now sing with me.... and kick up those heels for this hoe-hoe-hoe down... (nothing personal there, mind you)

[Big Grin]

One dark night while we were all in bed...

Old McStupid took a lamp into the bed...

And when the cow kicked it over.. she winked her eye and said..

"There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight!"

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!"

To keep you from becoming the laughing stock of the state.... (no pun intended)...

Store bought ice cream is just fine for me! [lick]

AND... I know getting a cabana boy would be kinda cool too... I think? Never had one.. so can't really say. BUT... I am willing to try new things. As they say...

"When in Rome..." ouuu laaa laaaa..

[Big Grin]

As for the lovely music selections.... thank you for the kind offer. I'm not much into a string quartet or violin usually... like most folks don't like finger nails running down a chalk board... (a Neuro thing)... but...

I can do folk music! And rock and roll too!

As long as you don't sing... (no insult intended).. that should.. I am laughing too hard to type right now....

That should be j-j-j--ust fine! HA!

[lol]

And hey... I do know some stuff about manners, I'll have you know.

I'll be sure to R-V-S-P (Respond Very Soon Pickle) if I can get across that BIG bridge sometime to take you up on your very kind offer.

Please know... I thank you kindly, mam.

[Big Grin]

PS... I almost choked on my drink reading your post and writing a reply! Laughing and swallowing don't always go together!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

ok, tinny..

it is all YOUR fault i just fell off my chair laughing, and that then all 4 of my cats came running at the thump and have licked me on the face to make me feel better, never considering that their sandpaper tongues leave burns; no sirree, it is the thought that counts,

which is why i tried to keep thinking when i read the sunpaper article yesterday titled " Johns Hopkins ID ducks cluck like chickens about the recent expose of a city woman who claims to have chronic Lyme but who really only has Cow.

Article relates said woman has kept said cow in her backyard feeding her organic clover on lace doilies, apparently harboring the sad delusion that she will be rewarded for her efforts by having her TinCup runneth over the bridge to share ice-cream.

Neither the ID docs nor the police could understand the accused's ramblings about cabana boys and the city of Rome; both parties attributed the nonsensical utterances to the same personal mental defects afflicting the accused that have caused her to to whine about Lyme even after she has been treated to a full 3 day course of banana splits.

end AP wire

and the band plays on...

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD......ROFLMAO.

All I can say is, I WANNA COME!!!

[Razz]

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dilly, thanks for the dr. location info; i sent it to others w/nationwide lists!! xox

you and tincup are having WAY TOO MUCH FUN! and the rest of us are plain JEALOUS! you rock! take care .. you and your son!! [kiss] [group hug]

Karol
Member # 15831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very nice and thoughtful of you.

Wanna be my friend? [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
Hope your having a great day!

Karol

Posts: 72 | From The arm pit of the world. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

up..

i'm out of town and off-line for over a week, so last chance to bump for awhile.

have relayed this offer to my own doc. 2 more to go.

happy 4th, y'all..

dill

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and TC just have to quit!!! I can't stop laughing!!!

Is that offer for ice cream and cabana boys for everyone???

[lol]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hubernacker
Member # 14548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hubernacker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dilly,

I'm no lymie (contrary to what my wife may think) but I travel down that way during the football season. I do work for the redskins.

Sooooo, is the offer for only lymies? I can be your cabana boy for a weekend, as long as my wife doesn't mind [Big Grin]

Or, I can bring my wife as a token lymie [lol]

Whaddya say Dilly? [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 39 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

hubernacker ...

Good thing you didn't ask ME those questions! HA!

We'll have to wait for the hostess with the mostest to return.

And by the way...

Didn't she just invite us all over? And then she leaves town for a week?

Hello?

NOT real nice... but smart!

BTW- Who's feeding the cow while she is gone?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live right by redskins park. what kind of services are you offering?

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

oooohhhhhh.. Lymed... I'm tellin!!!!!

Ouuuuu eeeeee you BOTH are going to be in BIG trouble!

[tsk]

PS... Hey H... if it doesn't work out with her... my number is...

1-800-HOT-TOGO

I don't live by the park... but you could catch a bus and head to the shore.

And hey... I'm a good sport, so bring along the wife.

I really need someone to do these dishes. Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A most unique hostel invitation...

Be sure and treat the cow first for any cow-infections...

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dilly, we want pictures of this cabana boy .... who cares what the cow looks like?

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

hey, folks!

don't you realize that this is a SERIOUS inviation?

i am in NYC right now,interviewing cabana boys,and i tell you, it is hard work. have any of YOU tried to take a cow on an Amtrak train or NYC subway??

have any of YOU tried to shop for cabana boy thongs to suit every ocasion?

not to mention, just how am i supposed to slip back into Baltimore when there are Most Wanted fugitive with cow posters everywhere?

oh well. finding the perfect cabana boy will make all this well worth while.

will post pics of my pick as soon as i pick him.. wuv, pickles. [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dilly,

can't stop laughing, and remembering my 1st/only trip to NYC in aug. 2000 where i saw almost 100 COW STATUES all over nyc !!

then i was imagaining you getting them in a train, etc!!

cabana boys would be much easier!! well done my friend! [lol] [Wink]

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

We know it's serious ... and we are likewise serious about the cabana boys, so keep looking!

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could figure out a way to combine the cow with the cabana boy and come up with a cowbana. [Eek!]

Now, why were there cow statues all over NYC? And Most Wanted fugitive with cow pictures? I'm a west coaster - could someone explain this to my Lyme-addled noggin? And why are they wanted? Why don't they ever put up pictures of unwanted cows? [bonk]

Pretty soon, this is going to turn into visits to CLMDs - that's Cabana/cow-Literate MDs - when they get awind of where their patients are staying... [loco]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hubernacker
Member # 14548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hubernacker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymednva,

I don't go to redskins park much anymore, only the stadium in Landover...sorry... [Razz]

Anyway, it was kind of an exclusive for Dilly since she is a friend of my DW. [Wink]

I don't think I would make the cut if she traveling to interview cabana boys [Big Grin]

I hope he can handle the job!

[lol]

Posts: 39 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Be sure and treat the cow first for any cow-infections..."

OMG, Robin....LMAO!!! GOOD ONE!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Ya, Tracy - cow-infections to watch out for:
ba-bessie-ya, bullonella and udderlichia.

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

robin- [lol] [lol]

hey y'all --- my attention is diverted for the moment --entirely focused on Dr.Jones, but... i'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack here soonly.

sadly, without cabana boys.. more to follow.

hugs,
still dill;
not in the clover but, close by.

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hate to rain on ya'll's parade, but i think your cows have "mad cow disease"!!!!!

and my husband wants to know if there's a "hooters" nearby....

you don't want to know what i told him!!!!

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

We should call Dilly's place Mooter's, for the cow. Maybe your husband would like to milk the cow?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement