LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Our Own Pat Smith Named Woman of the Year 2008

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Own Pat Smith Named Woman of the Year 2008
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is true. Pat Smith was chosen as the 2008 Woman of the Year by the Jackson (NJ) Chamber of Commerce.

This is a great honor, as she was one of many nominees that were submitted this year.

She deserves a lot of credit for all that she has done for the Lyme Community. This event is a great way for all of us to say thank you to her and applaud her never ending commitment to our cause.

Here is the link with all of the information:

http://www.jacksonchamber.com/achamber.htm

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hip hip hooray for pat smith!!!! [bonk] [bow] [group hug] [kiss]

she is so deserving of this; will read the link later!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well she would have definitely gotten my vote!

A great honor to her (and us) and another avenue of spreading the truth about Lyme disease.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent an email to the Chamber on behalf of Pat.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Pat! This honor is MUCH deserved and WAY overdue!

Congratulations!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! I think she also deserves Woman of the Decade!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i could not figure out how to send an email to the chamber; i read the great link on pat; but just can NOT find it.

anyone seeing it, please post here for us neuro folks ok! thanks [Smile]

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Hmmm . . . can others nominate her for the TIME magazine or network news' persons of the week/ month/ year ?

and eTown, on NPB/PBS Radio has a person each week who receives an "e-cheivement award" mostly for stuff that helps environment but also stuff that really helps people.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

If you scroll down to the bottom of the Chamber page it is on the far right hand side.

But here is the email so that it is easier to access:

[email protected]

Thanks

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
design, thank you so much!!! [group hug] [kiss]

i used yours, and sent a note now to chamber and copied pat smith too.

METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat Smith is one of the few who I trust to have my best interest at heart as a patient with tick-born illness.

There are so few. She's always been courteous when we've spoken, and that, I appreciate.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i received this in today's email from chamber...

Dear Ms. G

I have attached, to this email, a copy of our adjournal letter and form. If you would like to participate in our adjournal, please let us know.

We have had a few people, unable to attend the banquet, post their good wishes in the Award Booklet given away that evening.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us at (732) 833-0005

With regards,

Catherine Gross

Dear Sir/Madam:

The Jackson Chamber of Commerce has chosen the recipients of the 2008 Outstanding Citizen of the Year Award as well as the 2008 Business of the Year Award.

Presentation of the awards will be made on September 19, 2008, at a banquet honoring:

Business of the Year: Cardinale Enterprises - Vito Cardinale, President

Non-Profit Organization: Harbor House -Linda Gyimoty

Citizen of the Year: Pat Smith - Lyme Disease Association, President

Citizen of the Year: Andy Weinstein- State Farm, Jackson, NJ

The Awards Committee is seeking sponsors for the cocktail hour to be held prior to the awards dinner.

Each sponsor will be prominently listed on a placard at the affair, as well as the awards dinner journal given to all guests in attendance.

The cost of the sponsorship is $600.00. Also included in the sponsorship are two tickets to the banquet.

Additionally, the program journal will contain congratulatory notes and advertisements, which may be purchased for:

$250.00 (in-side front cover),
$200.00 (gold page),
$125.00 (full page),
$75.00 (half page) and
$40.00 (quarter page).

Previously, you have been very generous in donating to our gift auction which benefits our scholarship fund.

We ask you also to appropriate for this as you have done in the past.

If you would like to be a sponsor of the cocktail hour, place an ad in our program journal, or both, kindly budget for this now. Please make check payable to:

Jackson Chamber of Commerce

1021 W. Commodore Blvd.

Jackson, NJ 08527

If at all possible, please send ads via e-mail to our web address at: [email protected]

If you are not equipped to send your ads via e-mail, they must be sent to us copy ready.

We look forward to you joining us in honoring the recipients of this distinguished award.

Thank you.

Clara Glory, President

Catherine Gross, COTY Co-Chairperson &

Jackson Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors

JACKSON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

2008 OUTSTANDING CITIZENS/BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD

SPONSOR COCKTAIL HOUR $600.00

PLEASE PROVIDE COMPANY NAME AS YOU WISH IT LISTED

PROGRAM JOURNAL ADVERTISEMENT

BACK COVER $250.00

IN-SIDE BACK COVER $250.00

GOLD PAGE $200.00

FULL PAGE $125.00

HALF PAGE $ 75.00

QUARTER PAGE $ 40.00

PLEASE PROVIDE AD COPY/BUSINESS CARD AS YOU WISH IT TO BE PRINTED IN THE PROGRAM JOURNAL

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH YOUR CHECK TO

Jackson Chamber of Commerce by August 15th 2008

Thank You! ************************************

LYMENET MEMBERS:

what are your thoughts about this?

i'd like to honor pat but not really that way; what are your thoughts and feelings!

I'd rather give her the money personally vs. a short wordage, 1/4 of a page in a booklet!

i was surprised to hear, but $$$ everyone wants something. [Frown]

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the local newspaper would be a better way to congratulate Pat....letters to the editor??

[ 30. July 2008, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for more discussion
Mary J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Pat!! Well deserved.

Mary

Posts: 267 | From Abbotsford BC | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjeennnniiee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjeennnniiee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MUCH SINCERE & HEARTFELT CONGRATULATIONS, PAT!!!

[kiss] [group hug]

I THANK YOU, FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART, FOR YOUR NEVER-ENDING DEDICATION, TO DOING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING, WHICH YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO, TO HELP THOSE OF US WITH LYME DISEASE!!!

[bow]

I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU GET RECOGNIZED FOR ALL OF THE MANY GREAT THINGS YOU HAVE DONE AND ARE DOING, ALL IN THE NAME OF LYME DISEASE!!!

[woohoo]

I DEFINITELY BELIEVE YOU DESERVE THAT, BUT EVEN ALOT MORE, WHICH I HOPE AND PRAY YOU'LL RECEIVE, SOMEDAY, SOONER THAN LATER!!!

[bonk]

YES, I KNOW, I'M SHOUTING, BUT I WANT AS MANY PEOPLE TO HEAR ME, AS POSSIBLE, SO THEY'LL KNOW!!!

[Big Grin]

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US HERE REALLY NEEDS TO THANK PAT, FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SHE HAS DONE AND CONTINUES TO DO, FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE LYME DISEASE!!!

[Wink]

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PLEASE GIVE HER A BIG PERSONAL THANK YOU!!!

[spinning smile]

Love, Light, & Health,
Jennie

--------------------
My Lyme dx:11/05. My Mom's Lyme dx:5/16. ISO ASAP-Lyme Literate Dr & Neurologist-Prefer IL, IN, KY, MO, OH, TN. Can travel farther. Finances limited. Prefer Drs take Medicare or Payments. Need great list to find best fit. Tyvm.

Posts: 701 | From Owensboro, KY | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done!!!

Congratulations!!!

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement