LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Where's Geneal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's Geneal?
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 2 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen her around lately.
Is she OK?

I heard they're evacuating again because the hurricane is coming.

I'm keeping her and her family in my prayers and I hope that others here will as well.

I'm not sure if she'd have computer access if she's been evacuated but I'm sending out ((((((HUGS)))))) just in case.

hugs & prayers,
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just going to post the same topic! But I posted in the other thread instead, prayers for all those along the Gulf Coast.

Wishing we had more details/info on Geneal; it doens't sound as if she evacuated.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geneal's comments are here ... yesterday haven't read todays yet...

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=020473

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here I am!!! [Smile]

Herxing like crazy....no sleep.... [Frown]

Still have power, but that may be only for a little while longer. [dizzy]

I am still in Louisiana. Have my house boarded up, enough food to last for at least 10 days,

A generator, my oyster fishing boots (to walk through the mud and any debris),

And the loving, caring thoughts and prayers of my friends that show more concern

For me than my own family. Thank you for loving me so much.

We are going to be fine. May be without power for a while, but

Maybe get to see the really cute guardsmen hand out ice and MRE's soon. [Big Grin]

They are almost better than the cabana boy.

I may not be in touch without power, but as soon as I am able will call Lymetoo and

Give an update. Just ready to get this over with.

I swear preparing for this type of an event is so stressful.

So is the watching and waiting.

I've lived in Louisiana since 1972.

Until Katrina, I had never been through a hurricane.

Oh the irony of it all. Three years later almost to the date.

I dread "camping" out again for weeks, but have a safe place to be.

Nancy offered to have me and my children and my dogs (7 + 3 of my Moms). [dizzy]

God Bless You Nancy. I will never forget your generous offer. Ever.

I hope to be posting again soon.

Just watching and waiting now.

Tornadoes are around tonight, so I am on duty.

You all make me so proud to be your friends.

Thank you.

[group hug]

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, wishing you well!
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post amidst all your preparations, and many dogs!!!

So it sounds like you are staying put in your own home? You say your house is all boarded up, is that with you and your family still in it? Are you right in New Orleans or outside of it?

Just so worried about you; staying up watching the news round the clock, and praying for you and your family!!

xoxoxo

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

That was so wonderful of Nancy.

But heck, she already has ten dogs, what's ten more???

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geneal, are you sure you shouldn't/can't evacuate? worried about you and your family, and sending much love..

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning all.

At least so far it is.

We are doing just fine. Winds in our area sustained about 31mph.

Eyewall is just coming ashore.

This is no Katrina for sure.

There are a lot of tornadoes around, so it could still be an interesting day.

Still have electricity. [Big Grin]

With Katrina we had trees coming down, power out, etc. around 5:00am in the morning.

I don't think Katrina's came ashore until 3-4 hours later.

Will keep you posted as electricity warrants.

Hugs and kisses to you all.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for keeping us updated Geneal.

I'm continuing to pray for the safety of your family.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update Geneal, glad to hear it's going well so far.

Guardsmen handing out ice cream .... should have figured out why you stayed myself! [lol]

I'll offer up today's prayers and sufferings for you, too. [Smile]

Let me know when the guardsmen get there, a few of us will come down for ice cream!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANKS FOR CHECKING IN. GLAD ALL IS GOING WELL.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are in my prayers!

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE??!!!

I heard that they were thinking it could be WORSE THAN KATRINA!!!!!!!! [Eek!] [shake]

Pack up your DH, kids & dogs & GET UP HERE!!!!!
(PM me if you want to know where "here" is)

If Nancy is closer but safe, GO THERE!!!!

Oh Geneal, I'm so worried about you. [dizzy]

I'm praying for everyone down there, but ESPECIALLY for you. If you stay there, please let us know when it passes so I can breathe again.

I almost threw up when I heard another one was headed your way. [Frown]

hugs & prayers,
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's way too late to move now... It would be more dangerous to move than to stay at this point.

I trust Geneal is in good shape!

Hang in there and save some ice cream for me, Geneal!! I haven't had any in quite some time!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Please Ms. AliG.....don't be sick. [Frown]

We're still here and still have electricity.

Go figure.

Usually if the wind blows over 20mph, we lose electricity. [dizzy]

Power is flickering on and off.

This storm just couldn't get it's act together.

The new house is built with the strictest hurricane codes available.

Better even than the ones in Florida.

Plus we have a huge (7000sf) garage which has an 8000lb connex box attached to it.

That is where we weathered Katrina.

There are no trees within falling distance of my house.

We removed those after Katrina. Most were down anyways.

There is water coming over the Industrial Canal in N.O.

It is not a levee but a flood wall. That could be really bad.

We have an estimated 15 more hours of wind/rain left.

Eyewall of hurricane collapsed and spread the winds out further.

So far so good.

Cheating on my yeast free diet though. [Roll Eyes]

You guys are the bestest of the best.

Your prayers (I guarantee) have placed His Divine Protection over my family.

Will check in as able to.

Pray those flood walls don't collapse.

One of the few projects the Army Corp of Engineers did not get to since Katrina.

Hugs and kisses,

Geneal

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for checking in, Geneal!

The industrial canal situation is pretty troubling!! Let's hope those winds change VERY soon!!!!

I'm so glad you are safe, and that most people who could be damaged by the flood waters in N.O. have been evacuated.

Now we have to worry about property damage.

Hang in there, Geneal and quit eating bad stuff, OK?? [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers and hugs coming your way Geneal..hang in there. lmt
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
((((((Geneal)))))))
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hoping you and your family stay safe through the rest of this storm [group hug]

I think the storm created enough stress for you to deserve a big cheat on your yeast free diet.

Glad you still have electricity hoping you get to keep it and everything holds the water where it should be.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Watching closely the situation and can't thank you enough for finding time to come on here and update us!

So it sounds like your house is new but your garage survived Katrina? I think that is what you meant. I guess if it survived Katrina it will survive Gustav, and it sounds like your house is strong and fortified.

Hoping it will be over soon....praying for you and your family! How are the dogs handling the wind and weather? How is your mom holding up in her evacuation station?

--------------------

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, so glad to hear you are continuing to do well despite all that is going on so near to you. Thanks for taking time to check in with us.

Hugs, [group hug]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Geneal,
Please update us again as soon as you can! Hoping you aren't near those areas where they are worried the levees are going to fail!

[confused]

--------------------

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geneal, thanks for checking in. still praying for you and the whole gulf coast. and for the record, i totally think you're allowed to cheat on your yeast-free diet during a HURRICANE!! enjoy that chocolate! [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,

Thanks for keeping in touch. We've been watching the weather most of today. I am praying for your continued safety.

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:grouphug:Geneal:grouphug:

I'm glad to hear everything is still holding.

Thanks for the update. [kiss]

I heard they anticipate one more storm surge, so I'm still in knots for you.

I've been praying all day, am still and will continue.

more hugs & prayers,
[group hug]
Ali

7000 sq ft garage? 1/6 acre?
Is your "other car" a plane?

I'm glad to know that you're in a good sturdy structure. [Smile]

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geneal, thanks for checking in and telling us you are all safe in your HUGE garage.

i've been watching CNN news as much as i can to keep an eye on all of you, etc.

glad they have the help, transportation to get everyone out that wanted to leave, etc.

heard it's just a storm now, the other 2 storms are beginng to form.

geneal, prayers and blessings to all of you in gulf in hurricane's pathway. [group hug] [kiss]

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Geneal,

Check in with us! We haven't heard from you in 12 hours! That Lyme anxiety is finding fertile ground to grow here!!!

[confused]

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
20 dogs???? That sounds like a full-fledged dog kennel!! Glad this one isn't as bad as Katrina.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Geneal. Haven't heard from you in a while.

Assuming you lost power.

Also assuming the storm has passed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I have been watching the news but know that is not always what it is like in your neck of the woods.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, I imagine she lost power. I suspect they are fine.

I'll try to call her later. Got stuff going on over here right now.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AliG
Member # 9734

Are YOU OK Tutu?

Oh Tutu, [group hug] not you too! [shake]

I'm still praying for everyone in Gustav's path & the next two heading in.

This is awful! [Frown]

hugs & prayers,
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Nice of you to ask. I had a pretty severe heart arrthymia yesterday and I finally went to the doctor today.

I may have a Holter monitor later this afternoon. So far things are OK today.. just a little tachycardia.

I just called Geneal a few minutes ago.... I'm sure she'll call me if/when she can.

I feel certain they are OK. I imagine she is quite exhausted by now though!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AliG
Member # 9734

YIKES Tutu!!!

That must have have been scary! [Frown]

I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.
Heart symptoms freak me out.

My Grandmother was an EKG tech and she used to take 1/4 tsp of baking soda in a small glass of water when she got "tachy".

I don't know if that might help. She did that for an awful lot of years (since I was a wee'un) & lived to 96.

I hope that it's nothing more serious. I'm keeping you in my prayers too! [group hug]

Thanks for checking on Geneal for us. You're such a sweetie-pie! [kiss]

hugs & prayers,
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally heard from my brother today. He said friends have told him that the power is intermittent. That's probably why we haven't heard from Geneal.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

I posted a thread, but I am here and safe but without electricity.

Without your prayers and support I am sure things could have been so much worse.

I am trying to post, but am not sure this will go through.

If not, will try again tomorrow.

Thank you for your support and prayers which I know have kept me and my family safe.

Love,

Geneal

Lymetoo
Member # 743

YEA!!! Good to hear from you, my friend!! We miss you and are so glad to hear that your family is safe and sound!! [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Phew!!!

And what a multi talented woman you must be to be able to post on the Internet without electricity! I won't even attempt to figure that one out!

xoxoxoxo

[group hug]

--------------------

lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Geneal, I'm so glad you guys are okay! Do ya'll have a generator?

We have family in Vidalia and we're driving up tomorrow to take supplies as they won't have power for several more days.

Is there anything you guys need? Gas, food, ice, water? I know there are no stores open...

Let me know if you do - Beau and I would be more than happy to bring it to you.

[Smile] Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tutu, sorry to read about your heart problem too!

thanks for update on geneal! [group hug] [kiss]

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, ha, Tracy, apparently she charged her laptop and didn't lose internet connection!

Good to hear from you Geneal. I hope you get power back soon. [Smile]

Gee, we didn't get a DROP of rain, that hurricane came up a path that missed us completely!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

I did post a thread called "Here I am", but obviously it got lost in cyber space.

Ms. Lymetoo praying for your heart....It is such a good one.

We are on generator power. Have to alternate what we have on.

So my computer time is limited. [Frown]

Initially told to be without power for 4-5 days.

Now they are saying 2-3 weeks.

A tornado hit the main power grids for areas including Baton Rouge to the East and South.

Includes NO, us, Baton Rouge etc.

Out of 14 grids, only 1 is operable.

May take a while to get fully powered up.

I hate washing clothes by hand and hanging them up.

Yeah, I am spoiled.

Good news is that I mastered the skill of making pizza on a grill with Katrina.

No services offered to us yet....that I know of.

Minimal damage as far as houses and such.

However, there continues to be at least one million people in La without power.

We have our refrigerator and freezer running on the generator, so I am good for Ice.

Just need the stores to open (after they get re-certified by FDA) to put some meat/vegatables out again.

Usually takes about 10 days.

They have to remove all spoiled food. Clean with bleach.

Get power. Get certified and we are good to go.

I've been sleeping a lot. Exausted really.

Probably boredom. [Frown]

It is supposed to rain again today.

Could do without that as our river we live on is under a flood warning.

Not worried about it though. We sit way beyond the river getting to us.

But, Hello Mosquitoes! [Eek!]

I'll check back later.

Sending you all of my love and gratitude.

[group hug]

Geneal

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Geneal, I'm very relieved to hear you're safe.

When you get time, please explain what a connex is.

Can you build a fire with downed limbs to keep the mosquitoes at bay?

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

I am not sure I spelled the connex thing right.

Basically it is a box that they have or use to ship on trains.

Those great big heavy metal boxes.

They sell them at times. We have two.

We actually weathered Katrina in them.

Can't start a fire yet.....too much wind still.

Be my luck to escape damage from Gustave to burn my house down.

I have tons of mosquito spray. I always buy extra before a storm.

I heard Walmart is open on generator power.

I am going to call and check.

Maybe something to do tomorrow as today they are letting residents back to our Parish.

Of course they are coming back to spoiled food, no electricity, so emergency services, and

More rain forecast for later.

My older sister called me last night.

I thought to check on me.

No.....wanted to see if I knew any questions she could ask her students (Texas) for initial meeting. [dizzy]

All I could say on the phone was "Pardon me?" [Eek!]

Then I think I stood with this glazed look over my face thinking

"You have got to be kidding". [Mad]

I told her I couldn't hear with the generator running and I'd get back to her when I could.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

[group hug]

Geneal

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Geneal.. You mean she wanted to know what to ask her new students?? Is she a classroom teacher? Sheesh... she's oblivious!

OH on the connex.. I refer to them as "shipping containers" .. maybe that will ring a bell with Nancy.

I knew that's what you weathered Katrina in, but had never heard you say "connex" before.

I'm SOOO glad you guys are OK.. but I SOOO hope you get your electricitiy VERY soon!!!

Have a great time at Wal Mart!!! Hope you get to go!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geneal, so glad you have several postings here since last time i looked, and you weathered it well.

pizza on a grill; well done!

iowa has sent 500 natl. guard staff to your state; all are there; first 200 were there mon. night.

best wishes on weathering the weather. we miss you!

your sister takes the cake! [Frown]

Geneal
Member # 10375

Good morning all.

Day 3 after the storm and we are still getting rain. [Frown]

They passed our Parish over for disaster aid for right now.

Our governor is appealing the decision.

There are many people here who need help due to tree/wind damage, flooding, etc.

Shameful really.

Ok I must admit I am so ready for electricity.

Hopefully in a day or two.

I will keep you all updated.

Hope to get to Walmart today, but due to limited employees,

They only let in like 100 people at a time. [Eek!]

Can hardly wait to stand in that line. [Roll Eyes]

Hugs,

Geneal

AliG
Member # 9734

I'm so glad you're all safe. [group hug]

I hope they get the power back on sooner than they expect and get things settled quickly.
2-3 WEEKS!!!! [shake] That STINKS!!!! [Frown]

I CAN NOT believe your SISTER!!!!!! [shake]

You are a much better person than I am. I would have likely asked her if she was planning to wear her flip-flops. :roll-eyes:

Maybe she's just been so nervous about her first day that she hasn't been paying any attention at all what-so-ever to the news or weather. ????

It is nice that she would look to you for ideas about questions to ask your students. She must think highly of your opinion & value your input.

There must be some excuse for her not asking how you're doing. Does she live near you or in an area that would be threatened by the hurricanes/tornadoes/storms?

I'm so sorry. That really had to hurt. [group hug] I'm really hoping that she didn't do that on purpose. [shake]

[group hug]
Ali

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

It is so good to hear from you Geneal. Thanks for keeping us informed.
kam
Member # 3410

Second thought. Wondering if you had a doctor's note if it would help you avoid the line at Walmart.

I can fax one over from Dr. KAM. HA! Just kidding.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How's it going, Geneal??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Hi Geneal,

Have you heard any news from Pineville?

We're due to go there next week, but I am wondering whether we'll be able to or not.

The phones aren't working.

Take care!

Geneal
Member # 10375

Actually, there is 100% loss of electricity where our LLMD is.

Can't reach his office not even his voice mail.

Hope they made it through the storm okay.

My neighbor is scheduled to see him next week also.

I told her to call Monday.

Call Tuesday.

Do not drive all the way there on Wednesday unless you can reach his office.

I pray there were no trees on his office or his home and that all are safe.

They were hit really hard. Probably harder than us.

We made it off the property today to Target. [Smile]

No fast food opened yet....no cold items in the store either.

It's coming though.

No electricity for us either. Power company came out and said

We may get our lines run tomorrow, but there is no guaranty of power due to some other issue. [Mad]

Great. Maybe 2 weeks. I have laundry stacked up to the roof.

Kids go back to school Monday, so at least I will find some peace

From the constant bickering and fighting. [dizzy]

My Mom is coming to get her 3 dogs tomorrow....Thank God.

I don't think she ever house trained one of them. [Frown]

Good thing I kept them in a bathroom.

I am just tired today.

I walked into our old house. Completely forgot about a deep freezer we had in there.

It is full of rotting food now. [Eek!]

Can't wait to clean that sucker out.

Still....

Saw a rainbow yesterday. God's promise.

Saw a hummingbird today.

Am now officially the adoptive Mom of an orphaned baby rat.

Couldn't help it. So vunerable and small and screaming for his mother.

I think one of my Dogs did his mother in. [Frown]

So far so good.

He/she is only about two inches long. Eyes closed.

I know that I probably can't save it, but will try.

Not only humans suffer the after math of hurricanes.

Thanks so much for still thinking of me and checking on me.

Having a hard time staying on a good diet.

Having a hard time remembering to take my meds.

Oh well. This too shall pass.

Sending you all big hugs and kisses.

[group hug] [kiss]

Geneal

hshbmom
Member # 9478

I got through to a cab company in Pineville today. There was a big power pole down near the office and many trees down on that road, but they were expecting power to be back up next week.

"Hang" in there....have fun doing laundry.

We're having laundry fun here too...our washer decided to stop the spin cycle, so I'm hanging everything outside until it's dry enough to put in the dryer...nothing as difficult as you're facing though.

I usually do at least 2-3 loads a day.

bettyg
Unregistered

geneal, you haven't lost your sense of humor and seeing beauty around you ... good!

3 dogs not potty trained; uffda. enjoy your quiet time when kids go back to school..

thanks for your update; glad you all are doing as well as possible. [group hug] [kiss]

Geneal
Member # 10375

Well....there are people from Middle Tennessee Power outside.

Dare I hope????!!!! [Smile]

Maybe I can take a real bath tonight. [Big Grin]

I am still the foster mother of the baby rat we now call Whiskers.

Okay so the 3:00am feeding reminded me of times with my children, but....

Still so little and vunerable.

Watching Ike now.....who knows.

At least if it comes this way, I can have my house cleaned and laundry done ahead of time.

Will keep you posted.

Hugs,

Geneal

Lymetoo
Member # 743

********Saw a rainbow yesterday. God's promise.*********

Pretty much sums it up!! Hope you get power today... happy washing!!! [Cool]

Whiskers, huh? [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AliG
Member # 9734

I hope you got that bath last night. [Smile]

I just wanted to give you this:

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

I hope everything will get back to normal quickly down there!

A RAT?!!
Don't wild rats carry diseases?
I hope you're wearing gloves & I hope MamaRat doesn't come looking for him.

Is the Vet's office operational?

[group hug]
Ali

--------------------

AliG
Member # 9734

Aside for TuTu:

I re-read Dr.Zhang's book because I remembered seeing mention of Arrythmia in there.

Artemesiae, Coptis and Cordyceps are all supposed to help alleviate Arrhythmia.

How are YOU doing?

One for you too:

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug]

[hi]
Ali

--------------------

MommaK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MommaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to Geneal! [hi]

Wanted to let you know I thought of you and your family last week, and again now as we watch the weather! I have not tried to call Dr F's office to check, but prayed for everyone's protection.

They don't call it Pineville for nothing. Very huge top heavy old pine trees and high winds don't get along together! I pray everyone is alright!

Take Care!
[kiss] [group hug]
MommaK

Posts: 242 | From Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement