LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » everything hurts and I CAN'T SLEEP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: everything hurts and I CAN'T SLEEP!!!
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 5 AM here and I can't sleep. All my joints hurt, especially my neck. I've got an office full of clients to deal with in the morning!!!!!

Don't see LLMD til middle of this month! It will be my first appt. He's the one who cares for my daughter. How to face raising my other 2 kids alone if I do hae Lyme....

Waiting for labs to come back from ER...but doubt they'll tell much as they most likely ran an ELISSA and yet, in my guts, I so strongly suspect Lyme.

Trying to shore myself up for the fight to come...

Ironically, there have been many times that I have sid that if I could take this illness frommy daughter upon myselk I would do it in a heartbeat..

I guess God has a sense of humor :-) Feeling the way I do now has increased my compassion for her and Lymies everywhere...

But this not sleeping is for the birds!

Posts: 217 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5:17 AM here. Haven't slept a wink all night. I totally sympathize!!!!!!

Sleep? Don't even know what that is anymore! [dizzy]

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elle108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Alison! I so hear you!

I fell asleep after posting and then the *&(^)^ alarm went off...going to wake up in the shower and try to work...

[bonk]

Posts: 217 | From New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofylyme
Member # 7900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im sorry to tell you this but that has been one of my first symptoms when Ive been diagnosed with lyme.

The first time in 1991 I had the same pain problem and sometime couldnt walk but could only sleep 3 hours in the middle of the afternoon. I eventually got better and then fell down when I took the lyme vaccine in 1999 and then I lost my ability to work and was sleeping 24 - 7 but never felt like I was in deep sleep

Ive now been on lunesta for about 4 years and it really helps but I think what really helps in my daily injection of growth hormone.

Our body makes growth hormone when we sleep so I suspect that if we never go into a deep sleep mode we dont make growth hormone,

My endo doc said my growth hormone levels were so low that he was amazed that I could be upright and get to his office. I was fortunate that because my lab test proved I needed it that they pay for the daily injections.

It was hard to convince myself to take it be then I finally decided it was ok.

Im still only taking 1 1/2mg of lunesta but the past few months Im actually getting close to 7 hours of sleep and have even had some dreams.

I still have a bad night every now and then but they are far enough apart that I dont worry about it.

Sleep is very important to our body so try everything you can. None of the herbs etc worked for me so I had to give into the meds. I spent quite a bit of money of supplements, tapes etc but the lunesta works. Other meds did zero.

I get 3 mg. pill and cut them in half. They taste awful, especially after cutting them but I like the feeling of beeting the system over the bad taste. When I go to sleep I dont taste.

Posts: 55 | From ct | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Hmmm, I have had patterns, most typically in the fall, in which I begin waking up earlier and earlier and then eventually can't sleep for more than a few short hours...runs most often between October and sometime in March...

I'm sitting at work now...thank god someone cancelled....just being able to chill and not have to string 2 sentenes together seems like a blessing.

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just go through really bad bouts for days or weeks or even months at a time where my body just decides not to sleep. I'll catch a couple hours here and there but that's it. Then it goes away and then it comes back.

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemommy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elle,

Are you in private practice? and if so, perhaps down the road you can schedule your appointments so that you have an extended afternoon (nap) break?

I have trouble settling down to sleep at night (it takes hours) then i can't get up in the morning. Then in the afternoons (before I attempted to start abx), I would fall asleep, no matter what I was doing.

My son also gets tired in the afternoon, although he is more likely to get wound up and rambunctuous from being over tired.

My husband has trouble staying awake in the evening, then gets up at the crack of dawn everyday.

My husband and son have lyme, I have bart.

You will get through this, perhaps the doc can put you on his/her cancellation list, in hopes that you can get in sooner?

Also, do you have someone that can help out with your caseload, at least until you are feeling a bit better, or can develop a work schedule that works with how your body is able to function?

Hope that helps,
kp

Posts: 394 | From tinton falls nj | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elle108
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11730

Thanks KP,

I have actually ratcheted down my schdule a bit since the Bell's Palsy hit 2 weeks ago. I am in private practice 2 days a week plus weekends and in a consulting job three days. I've taken a medical leave from the consulting job for a few weeks and it has helped to not do the commute or be in the nursing homes all day.

I DO have a great couch in my office andI have been known to take naps...I have a cancellation tomorrow at 1 and instead of filling it, Im planning to rest...

It does seem that, sleep or no sleep, the fatique (frankly the term I'd use is exhaustion) seems to set in mid afternoon...like with yoiur husband and son...

Thanks for your support...
Elle

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement