LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Take a hike Ike !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Take a hike Ike !!!
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping that Ike misses everyone.

I hope everyone stays safe and no ones property suffers damage-

Prayers headed your way

[group hug]

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you got that right Melissa. The thing's aimed right at us but it's not strengthening as much as we feared.

Still it's not fun anymore like a hurricane party in college days....

I'd try to sleep thru it but the dang things are real noisy, especially if some negligent neighbor's lawn chair comes crashing thru a window.

Oh well...it'll be interesting to see if we've got power this time tomorrow. thanks for the concern.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any of you are in the line of the hit, I know you are tough...You have tick borne diseases, but please don't risk your life. It sounds very serious. My prayers are with you. lmt
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I'm recently reading, it isn't going to be the ones actually hit that are going to get the worst of it. It's going to be those getting this storm surge.

I have a good friend in Louisiana that evaucated about 4 am since they are expecting a HUGE surge with this one...so lots of flooding. Not good.

Everyone down in those areas, please be safe.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching fox news and they are showing the waves in Galveston (sp?)and they are huge! They are already crashing over the sea wall. I can't believe it. The hurricane isnt supposed to make landfall for 14-16 more hours [Eek!]
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
I'd try to sleep thru it but the dang things are real noisy, especially if some negligent neighbor's lawn chair comes crashing thru a window.

[Big Grin] [lol]

Funny, but not funny!! [lol]

I'm worried about my family. They are all in the bullseye of the storm.

My brother's house has 60 ft pine trees behind them which he is worried about. Yes, they DO fall!

I have cousins, aunts, uncles, brother, all in the Houston area. Most are staying put. My brother's house is 75 miles from the coast... so that is "good."

My poor cousin has Lyme and I think she's staying too. She's lives alone west of Houston.

I need to call her.

Yes, merry... those hurricanes are massive.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family is riding out the storm. They are boarding up, have their generators fueled .... The dog senses it's coming and is looking all puzzled, like, "What are we going to do???"

They are expecting their beach house on an island off Galveston to most likely be a total loss. It's a nice wood house on stilts .... the surge is already 8 ft. they expect the surge to be 20 feet .... 10 feet waves on top of that will be over the roof.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sixgoofy kids,

I hope they will be alright.

I wish they would get out of there. These storms can be pretty powerful.

I will say prayers for them.

Lets pray for the best possible outcome.

Elizabeth

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 6 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lyme crooks should go to galveston to see how long they can hold on to the lamp post.LOL

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pingpong:
The lyme crooks should go to galveston to see how long they can hold on to the lamp post.LOL

[lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

Carla... Where exactly is your family?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family is in Missouri City outside Houston. The beach house is on Crystal Beach on Bolivar Peninsula off Galveston.

Thanks for the prayers Elizabeth. The thing is, it would be too dangerous to evacuate Houston. Last time they did that people got killed in their cars on the way out of town because traffic was backed up too badly. People are generally safer in their homes.

They're all boarded up. [Smile] I'm sure they have beer and chips just like Charlie does. [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH! My cousin Debbie [the Lymie] lives in SugarLand.... next to Missouri City!

They're neighbors.

Yes, that's why my brother is staying. They saw what happened when people tried to leave in advance of hurricane Rita.

Forget it... stay home and batten-down.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Ah, yes, I know where Sugarland is. [Smile] Small world!

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Cool!

My parents are from tiny towns where charlie is. [not far from MC and Sugar Land.) My mom was born in his town... dad about 5 miles away.

They moved to Houston after WWII.

Just saw on TV that they couldn't get this man to leave Surfside. No way he will survive. No way.

Surfside was our beach of choice when we were growing up. Galveston was always a bit too crowded for us.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

My parents moved to Austin with my younger sisters back when I was in college. Hubby and I lived in Houston (Galleria area) for a couple years after we graduated and got married, but the economy crashed (mid-80's) so we moved.

Now my Mom/step-father, and sister/her family live in Missouri City. [Smile]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So scared that this is a repeat of Katrina.

So many ignored the call to evacuate...especially in Galveston.

I heard (unconfirmed) of rescues already....

Rescues stopped a few hours ago.

Devestating.

My two sisters are in Spring, Texas.

No generators. No supplies beyond a few days.

No common sense.

They optimistically believe they will get electricity back in 3 days.

I gently pointed out that 3 weeks was more likely.

Offered a haven....They said they'd be fine.

Sending all of my prayers and Angels

to those who will spend an endless night of wind, rain, and water.

I would have thought (hoped) lessons learned from our disaster would have

Prompted others to flee the same possibility/probability.

Your property, cars, clothes, all can be replaced.

You can't.

It is heartbreaking for me.....to watch and wait and know I won't hear

From my family for a while (no phone lines, no electricity, etc).

Can only ask God to place his Divine protection over all.

My prayers to all of your loved ones as well.

God Bless.

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm getting worried too. I think my family will be "OK" but I'm worried about the lack of electricity for them... for a LONG time.

My brother has a generator with 15 gallons of gas. Won't last long.

Other relatives have NONE of the above.

My husband's brother also lives in Houston and is staying .. and a sister west of Houston. She's actually safe in South Texas, but her husband is staying at the house.

I'm VERY worried about ANYONE still in a coastal city. Those in Galveston will be VERY lucky to get out alive. That is the last place on earth I would want to be right now.

Praying for all of those in danger.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers go out to all of you and your family!

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement