LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Fever, Chills, Rigors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fever, Chills, Rigors
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else experienced fevers over 101, with chills and Rigors(shaking)?

I am waiting on bacteria cultures to see if the PICC line is infected. So that will ultimately tell the tale.

I also read that these can be from co infections.

Up late because of an episode earlier this evening. Better now.

Just looking for your experience, and won't take it as medical advice. =)

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi,

so sorry you are going thru this.

i've NEVER had a picc line, but i did go thru this off and on ... to me it meant the chetes were being killed in my body by the meds i was taking at that time.

don't let temp get too high! 1 thing we've discovered with us having lyme, we are ALL or 99% BELOW 98.6 always.

so over 100 is quite a temp for us; so please keep tabs on temp ok and get to hospital if it keeps rising!

best wishes... [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Betty. my norm temp for the 25 years I've been misdiagnosed with this disease is in the 97s.

Consequently, when I'm 98.6 I consider my temp to be up.

My goal is to keep the effects to a minimum till I find out for sure.

Right now every muscle in my body aches so I just took some more aspirin and am headed for bed.

If you had this without PICC line IVs, then it makes me think it may just be the Lyme & Co.

I hope so, as the alternative is to do the Rocephin through IVs for the next 6 weeks. More of a hassle, but you do what you got to do!

Usually very stable emotionally, but lately, cranky and feel like crying.

So I try not to take it out on others, and talk to God ALOT!!! =)

OK, off to bed. I appreciate your support!!
God Bless You ~ Rita

--------------------
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayne L
Member # 17388

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Jayne L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has experienced all that you mention, as herx reactions. At the time she did have a PIC line. It was definately not an infection from the PIC. The line is out she still has occasional unexplainned chills, fever and temps around 100. We still attribute to herxing.
It passes.
Good luck to you
Jayne

Posts: 6 | From South Florida | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had terrible shaking chills at one point, and I still get them with some regularity -- from herxing, from babesia, possibly from bartonella? (I have had a positive test for bart, but am treating for babs based on clinical symptoms).

Shaking chills with fever are very characteristic of babesia.

BUT these can also be a very serious symptom, so you should not rule out an infected line. Don't take it lightly or assume it's not that until you are sure.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it's not your line! That would be so awful! [Frown]

I had this at a time when I had been Txing BLO with Levaquin. My guess is that taking the BLO down let something else come to the forefront.

I think it may have been EBV.

Of course it may have been M.pneumonia, HGE or Babs, or any combination. [Frown]

How long have you been Txing, with what meds?

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

A great infectious disease Dr. found out my husband had Lyme this past summer.

While researching it for him we realized it's what I've had all along, and we were lucky enough to find this site!

I've been on IV rocephin for 6 weeks now. First week and a half, I was exhausted beyond belief. Just like the first bout 25 years ago.

Then I had two wonderful weeks where I had no pain or symptoms at all. This after three solid years of back and neck pain.

Last couple of weeks I've been fighting fever, shaking (rigors), chilling, tachycardia, joint pain, fatigue, and every single muscle in my body hurts when the temp goes up. (that's new)

Now that they've got the bloodwork done, I can take aspirin to keep the fever in check and help the pain.

Trouble thinking sometimes too. Comes and goes.

I appreciate all the support and kindness from you guys. Just hoping all is well with the PICC line.

Add me to your prayer list please.
God Bless you guys!!

--------------------
Now doxycycline

lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter ran a fever for two months in the late winter. It started again in June and is still going. Most doctors think it is viral - she does have flares of EBV, CMV and HHV-6 titres sometimes.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. One doctor even thinks it could be a good sign - that the immune system is working more effectively. Anyone ever heard that one before?

I just wish there were some definite answers - I'm tired of maybe's, could be's, and probably's.

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not having answers is very hard, but you can still take action to be as healthy as you can.

Years ago I fell back on the premise that my body was created to be self healing.

I began eating only fresh foods, taking a daily vitamin/mineral, brewers yeast and probiotics. Plenty of rest and then walking.

Still wasn't able to beat Lyme altogether, but I think I slowed it down. My heart did heal, (thank God for the brewers yeast) and I lived. A great gift!

Get some sunshine each day. Read something uplifting. Chat with God..even if you're complaining! I have. =)

Not medical advice, just my experience. Keep looking for those answers. One day we'll find them.

[ 12. October 2008, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Melodymaker ]

--------------------
Now doxycycline

Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Turns out, the PICC line is fine, and bloodwork indicates no other infections.

LLMD told me it was likely Drug Fever and I needed to come off the Rocephin. Also, I have to place it on my list of drugs I cannot have.

Checked out drug fever on the net and there's some good info out there.

Thanks to you all for your support!!

--------------------
Now doxycycline

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement