LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » How am I supposed to do this?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How am I supposed to do this?!?!
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in tears right now.

My son's 3rd birthday party is tomorrow and I am totally unable to function today. I dont think I can do a darn thing.

The fatigue is some of most terrible I have ever had - ever. Somehow I am supposed to care for my 2 kids and clean my whole house by myself for the 40 or so people coming tomorrow?

To make things even worse, I have severe OCD about cleaning and it drives me nuts. I am looking around and there is so much to do. Hubby is at work until 4pm. The party is at 1pm Sunday.

I thought about cancelling the party but that really isnt an option. I really have no one to call and ask for help. I live in an inlaw apartment attatched to my parents house and you would think they would help me by taking the kids for the day or somethiing, but no. I mean I havent asked, but I really dont want them to see me "sweat".

I dont think they realize how sick I am and probablly would never get it anyway.

I feel really overwhelmed and all I really want to do is sleep. Not to mention my neck hurts something awful.

I need some tips on how to get through the next 2 days!

I have been going in spurts, doing a little and resting and then doing a little more take another rest etc.

I took Provigil which I am dreading the effects of. Last time I had an interaction with my heart meds and I felt like I was going to die. I only took half this the provigil this time and skipped my morning heart meds (I know, not a genius move).

my doc said I could try a smaller dose of the provigil. I am also going to take some percoset in a while for my pain as it also gives me a little energy for some reason.

I am so defeated.

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you maybe recruit one or two of the 40 people who are supposed to be coming over tomorrow to help with the housework?

I've also found that having others help around the house lifts the OCD a bit.

*hugs*

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melissa,

You sound a lot like me...I hate asking for help. But tell yourself that you are doing it for your kids and then force yourself to ask your parents to give you a hand.

They might not "get" how sick you are, but it doesn't really matter...everyone needs a little assistance sometimes. They might surprise you and actually be happy that you asked them...they might like knowing that you really need them---especially if you are the type of person that seems to always "have it all together".

Letting your parents know that you need them now might let them see that they could help you out a little more on a regular basis too. It might even lead to a more detailed discussion of your health and the beginning of some understanding. (And a chance for a family showing of Under Our Skin!)

And lastly, most grandparents would do anything for their grandchildren. When you ask for help, just say you need them to help make the day a special one for their grandchild. (That should do it!)

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys.

I feel slightly better. I called my hubby and he said dont do anything (ya right!) until he gets home he will do everything.

also my brother is here and I can get him to help me move things and watch the little ones.

Thanks again,
Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you a big hug Merry....you're a strong, strong lady.
Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Closets are wonderful hiding places for stuff. [Big Grin]

It may not help your OCD, but putting stuff out of mind may help.

I wouldn't clean too much.

Think of what your house is going to look like after the party. [Eek!] after

Hang in there Mom.

Trust me, no one will open the closets to look for stuff.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry Merry!

I just had a party for my 5 year old daughter today. She wanted to have it at the park, so we just went to the park. No cleaning or stress that way. You probably can't consider something like that though, right?

It was COOOLLLLD though, Brrrr... we all froze!

It's OK if it isn't perfect, do they know you have Lyme? Even daily tasks seem to be huge things when you are sick.
Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending best wishes your way, merrygirl!!!!

I hope everything goes great. I thought, too, about asking some of the ones who are invited.

Hubby to the rescue! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Well the party is over and the guests have left. I am in soooo much pain.

Thank goodness it is over. I must have been acting like a bit#! today.

Thanks for everyone's support,
Melissa

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Melissa,
I am just now reading this well after the fact, but my advice is that parties like this are just not an option for us Lymies.

You are TOO SICK to be throwing a party for 40 people. It is a total setup for failure, even though the party went well, look how drained and depleted you are now?

At 3, he is young enough to not know what he is missing. I know it's over, but please try and think "outside the box" until you are well. You are too sick to do things like this.

No more parties!!! You need to rest and heal!!! Now that I've read this, I can understand even more why you are in a tough place now. You used up all of yourself!!!

Gotta save your energy for healing!

xoxoxoxoxox

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a birthday party for my 10 year old son with Down syndrome/autism two weeks ago and I'm STILL trying to recover.

I love my darling so much but he doesn't even know what a birthday IS.

Well, everyone tells me they had a good time. And my sweetie got lots of new toys to play with so it was worth it.

- Lymelady

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Thanks Tracy.

You are so right. Me and my hubby talked about the Christmas party we usually have and we both agreed that we will NOT be doing it this year.

It really bums me out, but like you said I am too sick to be doing this crap.

I was trying to create a tradition for the family by doing the Holiday party, but it is going to have to wait until I am better.

My fondest memories are of Christmas, so this is hard for me, but a no brainer.

Thanks for your support as usual my friend,
Melissa

[kiss] [kiss]

TNJanet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10031

Icon 12 posted      Profile for TNJanet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey.......what is a party? Couldn't resist. [dizzy]

--------------------
DISCLAIMER:
No information presented above should be considered medical advice or take the place of advice given by a medical professional. Links to other sites are provided merely for ease of research.

Posts: 287 | From Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajisuun
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also am responding long after the fact. I'm glad you survived the party, but...what were you thinking??? One of the hardest parts of Lyme for me has been scaling back my expectations for myself and missing out on the fun stuff. I am fortunate that my Lyme symptoms started improving immediately (well, after herxing) on the doxycycline and now after 3 years of oral doxy and some herbal supplements, my primary remaining symptoms is chronic fatigue. This means that I can function, but not at full capacity. So jobs are completed late and housework doesn't get done. Also, I miss out on most "fun stuff" because I feel I can't squander my energy on it when it takes everything I have to try to do the basics of life and my job.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement