LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » NPR Lyme Debate: Pam Weintraub, Kris Newby, and Eugene Shapiro

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NPR Lyme Debate: Pam Weintraub, Kris Newby, and Eugene Shapiro
Pam Weintraub
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam Weintraub   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam Weintraub author of Cure Unknown and Kris Newby producer of Under Our Skin

Debate Lyme disease with

Eugene Shapiro of Yale:

http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R810171000?itemMD5=4efb99f538eba36bb15fdfe18134df58

[ 19. October 2008, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Pam Weintraub ]

--------------------
Pam Weintraub
Cure Unknown
http://www.cureunknown.com

Posts: 66 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to listen to it. I'll bet you WON, Pam! [Big Grin]

PS.. I just ordered your book last night! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shapiro came off like a complete moron--nice work!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by adamm:
Shapiro came off like a complete moron--nice work!

For him, that was VERY easy to do!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tallahasseeborrelia
Member # 13828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tallahasseeborrelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam and Kris did a great job. Thank you. Not only were you both very knowledgable, but I could tell that the pain of chronic Lyme disease is a heartfelt subject as well.

Shapiro on the other hand I felt, was far less credible. He was just spinning his wheels.

I guess this is why IDSA members shy away from an open debate with ILADS.

They're afraid of becoming even more exposed than they already are.

I wonder if Dr. Shapiro (and I use the term "Dr.", loosely), was the chosen lackey to try to cast doubt on Pam and Kris?

It didn't work. Pam and Kris were far more believable.

Posts: 27 | From Tallahassee, FL | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm sure he was "the chosen." Weasel.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounded to me like Shapiro has some "Brain Fog" and cognitive issues.
Well done Pam and Kris!!

Cheers!
Peedie

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GREAT JOB!!!! [kiss]

I'm so glad that you're on OUR side!

Not glad that it's because of your personal experience, [shake] [group hug] , but very grateful for all of the wonderful publicity you're garnering! [bow]

I loved that you didn't let him get away with his "studies" nonsense! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that Dr. Shapiro recommended the website of the American Lyme Disease Foundation, of which he is a board member.

Until very recently, the only information on that website related to chronic lyme was the link, "Learn More About Chronic Lyme", which produced the Forbes article that tore patients, LLMD's apart. I regret that we never used this unprofessional display to show the kind of doctors the IDSA is following!

I don't know how anyone could have given credence to these men after seeing their use of such low-level dirty tactics.

They still have that article linked there, but now they have some studies as well. The fact that it is still displayed there still speaks to their lack of professionalism, but not as loudly as it did before they cloaked it in "studies".

If you have never visited their website, I encourage you to do so before they wise up and remove it ( the Forbes article) completely. Does anyone else find this as disturbing as I do?

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement