LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » The room feels like it is bending

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The room feels like it is bending
MirandaVB
Member # 16581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MirandaVB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only post when Im feeling bad...I'm sorry.

I went to stand up today and felt extremely light headed. Went to the fridge to grab some water. The room seemed to bend around me. I thought I was dying.

Had a massive panic attack. My first symptoms appears as panic attacks and changes of perceptions.

Does anyone else have changes up perceptions out there, things looking odd, like you might be drunk without actually being drunk?

Posts: 44 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertcanyon
Member # 17998

Icon 9 posted      Profile for desertcanyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes. I only experienced something like this once when I was a teenager, and it wasn't due to lyme. It was very freaky, however.

Have you started on any new medications recently?

--------------------
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love

Posts: 61 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a couple of my meds made me DIZZY when standing; so i was SLOW to get up in turtle speed. got over it ... but i had to hang onto walls. [cussing]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

I don't think I've felt the room actually bend but I have had it both slant on me or feel like it is waving which would make me nauseaous and dizzy.

As Betty said, you have to start hanging on to walls and heck, I was even CRAWLING just to get to the bathroom since I did take some pretty nasty falls during these crazy visions/feelings.

You may want to mention it to your doctor since it could be a medication side effect or he/she may feel it's just part of our herxing or healing process.

But stay low to the ground if you are feeling this way. You don't have as far to fall. [Frown]

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MirandaVB
Member # 16581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MirandaVB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh definitely not a very fun experience. I have this feeling like I am in a fun house with the floor moving. I am constantly feeling like I am about to fall over.

I guess to top it off...the weird itchy/burning sensation inside my head has returned..

grrrr

Posts: 44 | From Maryland | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't apologize for only posting when you don't feel good... I read that as you're too busy living life to post on good days!!! that's awesome!!! hooray for good days!!!
Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This can be related to migraine or seizures, if I understand what you are describing. My daughter sees things telescoped and tinier than they are, and other weird things. This can be caused by things other than Lyme, too...
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

First, I hope you can talk to your doctor about this soon. It may be lyme related and some of what is mentioned below, but your doctor really needs to know more. It could be something else.

Are you taking minocycline or zithromax (azithromycin)? Both of those can affect the inner ear.

I assume you are avoiding artificial sweetners and MSG. These can do that to you.

-

I know exactly what you are talking about. I deal with lots of inner ear stuff - and my adrenals are toast.

First question: did the feeling of panic come before the "bending" sensation or after it.

This can be very important in determining which way to go.

If the panic sensation came before, adrenal support may be #1 to address. Is the "panic" the natural fight or flight response to exhaustion or stimuli from adrenal dysfunction . . . or . . .

If the panic feeling was a reaction to the "bending" surroundings, inner ear or low blood pressure - or other factors could be the cause needing treatment.

It may be helpful to know that many lyme patients experience panic attacks but - with treatment - this can go away.

I think adrenals have a lot to do with it, but I'll bet the inner ear is also involved. What you describe happens often to lyme patients. If the inner ear is affected, the whole world can look skewed.

Still, it can get better. I hope your doctor can help guide you in this. in the meantime, GINGER TEA or GINGER CAPSULES might help;.

Magnesium and B-6, too, to calm down the overexcited brain stuff.

Cordyceps can help support the adrenals. Fish oil, too.

For more about inner ear, here are some links that might be of help -

www.vestibular.org

VEDA - Vestibular Disorders Association

See specifics hints for vertigo - safety guidelines, etc.

---

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

-

[ 15. November 2008, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

This book, by an ILADS member LLMD, holds great information about treatments options and support measures:

http://tinyurl.com/6lq3pb (through Amazon)

THE LYME DISEASE SOLUTION (2008)

- by Kenneth B. Singleton , MD; James A. Duke. Ph.D. (Foreword)

You can read more about it here and see customer reviews.

Web site: www.lymedoctor.com

---

I would add GINGER to this list for anyone with inner ear involvement:

http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

Nutritional Supplements in Disseminated Lyme Disease.

J.J. Burrascano, Jr., MD

July, 2008

Four pages

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

From: The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook (Tillotson, et.al.)

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/important-herbs/ginger-rootrhizome-zingiber-officinalis.html

GINGER ROOT/RHIZOME (Zingiber officinalis)

WHAT IT DOES: Ginger root is pungent in taste, and warming, and mildly tonic in action. It improves digestion, reduces nausea and mucus, settles the stomach, and reduces inflammation.

RATING: Gold

SAFETY ISSUES: Ginger may increase absorption of pharmceuticals, and may irritate the stomach in sensitive individuals or those with severe acid reflux problems.

STARTING DOSAGE:

* Dried powder: 500-1500 mg one to three times per day

* Tea: drink freely . . .

* Because of its digestive and anti-nausea actions, ginger can be used to treat dyspepsia, nausea and vomiting associated with pregnancy, vertigo, dizziness and motion sickness (Schmid et al., 1994; Visalyaputra et al., 1998).

----

Ginger acts as a digestive aid as well as a peripheral blood circulation stimulant, so it is useful for increasing poor circulation. Its pungent essential oils aid digestion by stimulating the activity of digestive enzymes (Platel K et al., 1998).

However, despite its hot spicy taste, ginger inhibits the synthesis of the ``bad-guy'' inflammatory chemicals, prostaglandin and thromboxane (Kiuchi et al., 1992).

TCM doctors tell us that fresh ginger is better than dry ginger for easing nausea, mucus, indigestion and stomach pain, and for stopping diarrhea caused by poor digestion. Conversely, they tell us dry ginger is better for warming the body.

The anti-inflammatory actions of ginger, noted centuries ago by TAM doctors, are strong enough to reduce muscular discomfort and pain in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (Srivastava et al., 1992).

- Cont'd at link above.

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement