LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » One Positive Thing that happened to you today

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One Positive Thing that happened to you today
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One way I cope with this is to focus on what I am able to do instead of what I am not able to do.

so, hoping you will join me.

I was able to get in the car and drive to the dog park this am. Thankful the car is fixed as Baby it is cold outside. had the dog park to myself. Nice and quiet.

Walked in and walked out of dog park.

Able to make a smoothie for breakfast. In the past this is not somethign I would be able to do. so, this is good.

Able to leave a message with my lyme doc to see if I need to come in person or if a telephone consult would be OK.

OK Resting now. That is about it for the brain and body this Wed am.

[ 12. November 2008, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kammy,

Let's see, I opened my eyes and thanked God...first things first!

Then I was greeted by my doggies kisses and thanked God again. Unconditional love.

My migraine broke. Thanked God again!

I was able to get breakfast, talk to a neighbor, respond to posts, read a little. All good.

Thanked God again.

Feelfit [Big Grin]

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to get myself in the car and drive to my doctor's appt. I was able to get my precriptions from last week filled, and get some of my blood work done.

This is better than I normally ever can do. It was out of desperation because I'm feeling so awful I wanted to see the PCP; which was a waste, but I DID drive and get some things accomplished.

Oh and at CVS I also remembered to get laundry detergent, we were all out!

Lots of accomplishments!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feelfit...hurray! YOur migraine broke. Sounds like you are starting off the day right.

Tracy...sounds like you were able to get things done that you have patiently been waiting to do. This is good.

That multi tasking and being able to recall the laudry detergent and purchase it too...is a treat in my book.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajisuun
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feeling pretty good today. Went to work and actually felt productive (unlike many days when I go to work, but sit in a fog most of the day.) A 2-hour nap was enough today. I woke up ready to go again.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 14 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good to hear ajisum!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to do inventory with my husband this morning [for a friend's business] and then we ate lunch at the college where hubby works.

Then we went to a neighboring city to buy sax and clarinet reeds, then home for a well deserved and NEEDED nap!!! WHEW! I'm tired, but happy!

[Cool] I'm just plain happy to BE HERE! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I was on Day 5 of no pain and day 2-3 of feeling more or less symptom-free!

I worked on the computer for something like 6 hours with no symptoms, figured out my complicated work schedule for the next 6 months, made what I think are mostly good decisions.

Drank too much coffee (I'm used to being so tired that it doesn't make a difference).

Felt like an *** for having that much coffee, then realized it's kind of a benchmark that it's getting me too wired and that my 'tolerance' has come down to normal levels.

See my thread about 'what are you going to do when you get better' where I talk about how much I'm looking forward to getting off caffeine addiction. Looks like that might happen sooner than later!!!!!

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yesterday, i stalked up on toilet paper!

this afternoon i started my colonoscopy prep for thurs.'s procedure.

why i'm glad ... we had NEW sewer put in several months ago, and glad we were not torn up for all my going!!

after tutu's recent episode on her colonoscopy, it's had me shook up. not looking forward to BAD tasting stuff tomorrow.

at least today's 3 bottles were tasty! [Big Grin]

kam
Member # 3410

Wow LymeToo That would make me very happy too! You sound like almost a normal person. HA!

-

-

-

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got of bed and made it to work.
Iam alive [Wink]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Maria....Wow. I hope things continue for you.

-

6 HOURS WOW!!

kam
Member # 3410

-

Betty...

Sounds like you are on the job and prepared!!

Wishing you success without stress!!

kam
Member # 3410

http://whollyburble.blogspot.com/2008/02/hi-ho-snow-white-and-seven-dwarfs.html

Tree....this one is for you.

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this Kam.

This morning I did some positive affirmations.

It helped get me into a better place in my mind. Much needed better place.

Fancy

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kam:

-

Betty...

Sounds like you are on the job and prepared!!

Wishing you success without stress!!

KAM, THAT WAS PRECIOUS! yep, got all my paperwork done! it was stressful, but made it thru.

i'll post elsewhere... [group hug] [kiss]

kam
Member # 3410

Fancy, Good idea. I did a search for affirmations to post here but came up empty handed.

Found some but was looking for something we all could use.

Now, I need to go find Betty's post on paper work. [Cool]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be praying for you, betty!!!!

kam....nice pics for me! Thanks!! That last pic is an alto clarinet. Got a "real" clarinet??? [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

-
[Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

kam,

here's my post on my paperwork and today's event!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=074228

tutu, thanks so much! [group hug] [kiss] YOUR ordeal really shook me up much more than i'd like to admit since dad also had a fib!!

when i drank the awful stuff today i read bottle carefully, LOW SODIUM, and i believe yours was high sodium!

GraceT
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GraceT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met a "Natural - Holistic" Dentist tonight. He's sharp witted, and cuts through the BS. He said the same thing Gigi did about removal of root canals - pull 'em...then he gave the audience a presentation as to WHY.

Meridians line up with our teeth. Amazing.

Good Night - Grace

Posts: 212 | From Arizona | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GraceT, do you mean the Dentist's recommendation was to not have root canals, just pull the tooth?

Several positive things happened yesterday/today.

I vacuumed. A necessary evil with a sheltie in FL.

Checked out the flower girl dress for our daughter's Spring wedding! Beautiful!!! [Big Grin]

I made out my Christmas list to start shopping, and did a little Christmas shopping online.

I stayed awake all day!!

Today I'm going Christmas shopping in town. Don't know how long I'll last, but I'm planning on having fun!

After three weeks of drug fever, and not being able to do anything, the idea of Christmas shopping is great. I'll leave the dusting for next week.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Betty, thanks for the URL. Tried to read it and will have to wait until that skill is back. Low functioning lately.
kam
Member # 3410

Grace...sounds interesting. I would like to learn more when I am able.
kam
Member # 3410

-

-

Brain went and couldn't add the other wahoos.

Congratulations Melodymaker

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today....

I got up! Wow! And I went through about a week's worth of mail.

Excellent book: "Lift your Mood Now." You can often find it on Ebay or overstock.com.

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capecodlyme
Member # 13581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capecodlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Great thing happened, I asked for Help and I got it. Been trying to reverse the way I think and begin my day with Affirmations. this sets the tone for the day. When/If I keep connected to a Higher Power, I can get thru a day at a time. and I feel lifted somehow and my illness doesn't seem to rule me. Its minduflness & awareness - I am only begining to do this, but see & feel a difference.

"Yes We Can" He says....taking even the smallest action for self lifts us into a higher consciousness where I believe Healing happens, we're gona beat this disease. It's hard to see this as an opportunity to change when yur feeling like (I dont have to tell yu) - Making myself a cup of tea is nurturing, and thats a good thing I did for myself this morning and take a moment to reflect and share here. Blessings to All. V

Posts: 1 | From CapeCod | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Congrats on going through the mail. It is rare I am able to do that too and a sense of accomplishment when I can.

Last time I found my tag from the DMV that should have been on my license months ago.

-

MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week I made really fancy, low-carb food for 80 with one co-cook and several prepping friends, and it wasn't stressful, and we had a great time, and I didn't crash afterwards... I could not have done a project that ambitious three weeks ago at all.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

-

Wow 80 people. That is a lot of people. Glad it all went well and you did not crash afterwards.

MariaA
Member # 9128

well, I kinda don't feel so normal now, but it's still not too bad. It's so exciting.

Also, I was off the low-carb diet all summer and fall because I was too sick to cook, and had NO appetite whatsoever because of babesia (presumably). I must say that I feel so good now after eating low-carb for a few days. My cooking partner is a healthy person who's on the WHole Approach diet because of her boyfriend's food allergies, and it's awesome having someone who's not sick and has energy, and is excited about the creativity of the low-carb stuff.

I really think that kind of food just agrees with me (not the processed, Adkins Diet sort of low-carb, but more like the wholeapproach.com sort of low-carb candida diet).

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

kam
Member # 3410

Sounds very good Maria. Thanks for the web site.
kam
Member # 3410

Things are getting to me again. So thought I would refocus on what I have been able to do.

I have been able to clean the car a bit. Hoping to be able to vacuum it out sometime soon.

I have been able to clean the bottom of the shower a bit and the toilet and the bathroom sink.

So, things are looking a bit better.

I was able to put a few things away yesterday as far as laudry wise. Hoping to be able to do more today.

I received a letter from my older daughter and a picture of my oldest grandson. PIcture of him in 1st grade.

That brought me joy. It has been over a year since I have heard from her.

Made an appt with a new primary doc in town. It is not until Jan. Wouldn't it be grand to have a doctor that accepts my insurance and has the same goal I have..to help me regain my health.

...I know ...the odds are pretty slim in that department.

...Able to make an appt with the senior van to take me to the grocery store in my power chair this week.

..Ok Going to get out of the house now for a bit and hope that will change my attitude too.

...Younger grandson's birthday is coming up. 4 years old. Going to see if I can find a birthday card.

..That is going to be tricky. Might need to wait until I can go in my power chair to a store.

..There is a local 7 11 type fo store that I can get to via the power chair but guessing they do not have childrens birthday cards.

..I know they have leaning tree cards.

MariaA
Member # 9128

Wholeapproach.com is mostly a supplement sales site (though they REALLY believe in what they're doing, and it's obviously run by good people). Their forum has a really good recipe section, with people submitting some extremely creative recipes. It makes cooking low-carb a HUGE amount of fun if you have energy to do so.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

kam
Member # 3410

I am still at very simple meals...out of freezer and into oven.

But, thankful for that. At one time I was not able to do that.

Perhaps next year I will be able to cook something from the site.

It was good to get out. I did pretty good. I was able to find 3 frames at the second hand store for some pictures I have.

And was able to get wooden hangers there too.

A lady at the thrift shop kept asking me what my apartment number was and announced to the whole store where I lived.

I got out of it 3 times. Glad my brain was working well enough to come up with answers.

The guy sitting right next to me in a scooter is looking for a new wife and is too friendly for my taste.

I caught onto that the first time I met him. Then the senior van driver also told me to watch out for him when I told him I met the guy who fell out of the senior van in his scooter.

Next time, I see the lady I will let here know it was not because of her but because I did not want that guy to know where I lived.

At least I am prepared now. it was so cool the brain was able to get around it.

First time I said lets wait and see if they have a big enough bag for the hangers and I can just put them on the back of my chair.

She asked again and I can't recall what I said that time.

Then again....I said I would write it down if they don't have a big enough bag.

They had a big enough bag and I was able to put the hangers off the back of the power chair.

Unusual for my brain to think like it use to and keep me out of trouble.

designt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for designt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I get to see my 4 month old son awake in the morning and he gives me a smile, that's all I will ever need for the day.

He's asleep sometimes when I have to leave for work, but then I just get my smile when I go home for lunch.

Posts: 123 | From Georgia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

-
bettyg
Unregistered

kam, you made me smile too; precious photo!
MariaA
Member # 9128

Ok, here's my really positive one.

I borrowed a car and went to Planned Parenthood today for a checkup and as a result, I was in Chapel Hill with a car in the evening (I don't have a running car right now, and live 30 minutes out of town, so I rarely go to The Big City).

So, after the appointment, I decided to take the opportunity and go to my old martial arts class. I was feeling like crap but they know I am sick so I figured I'd just go stretch and do situps on my own and whatever else I can manage. I actually do OK about working out late in the evening, and this is an 8 pm-9:30 class- I'm usually caffeinated enough by then to manage the class.

This is only the second time in months that I've been able to go- so I was quite happy to finally make it again.

Anyway, not only did I do OK working out at the back of the class (I figured if I'm in pain anyway I might as well cover it up with sore muscles for the next day or two), but a really interesting thing happened.

My martial arts teacher's wife is from Boston, and has been suffering with a horrible tendinitis of unknown cause for a few years. She couldn't train for a few years and has at times been disabled by the whole thing. They're all of 24 years old, by the way.

They actually thought it might be Lyme, and she tested negative. I've been slowly working on them to understand that there's a medical controversy, that they're likely to have gotten misinformation about the disease, and that yes, it can definitely cause ligament and tendon damage.

I have almost never gotten a chance to talk to this woman as she's almost never able to train. So it was coincidence that tonight she was there helping teach the class.

So, we talked before the class- and I asked about her injury and talked about how I had tendinitis. She said something to the effect of 'yes, mine will be in pain forever because they can't find the cause or a treatment' (eek!). I said, waitwaitwait, I had tendinitis and it vanished when I treated Lyme. She said 'what did you take for that?' I said 'I responded to Doxycyclene and started in on a longer explanation when I realized that she was no longer listening and was sort of jiggling with excitement and looked like she was looking inward a bit. you could see the wheels turning inside her head.

Turns out that she'd recently been on azithromycin for something else and that was the only two weeks she'd ever NOT had this tendon pain since it started.

So- while I would hate to see anyone else with this diagnosis- I might have helped her put two and two together tonight. That would be so great for her to be able to start on the right path, if it's indeed an infectious disease that caused her problem.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Tracy9
Member # 7521

I had four teenagers in my bedroom tonight all talking, laughing and confiding in me (except my own son of course) and it was so fun. The girls laid in bed with me for hours, and the boys sat on the bench at the foot of my bed. I felt so good.

--------------------

IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a friend with Lyme and I were talking and she

was saying she was in pain and having trouble

getting out of bed. It's been quite a few

months for me where I havn't had that kind of

pain and oh so glad it's gone. I hope hers goes

soon.

--------------------
RV

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

-

We Will Overcome!! Congrats Maria on helping another person make the connection.

kam
Member # 3410

Tracy, couldn't find a pic for you but so glad you had that moment in time and memory.

RB...Isn't it great to no longer be dealing with that symptom. HOpe the pain is gone soon for the other person too.

kpoindexter
Member # 17910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kpoindexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was officially diagnosed with lyme disease today and have a treatment plan in place to start moving towards recovery.
Posts: 25 | From Myersville,Maryland | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement