LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Gotta brag a little on my husband!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gotta brag a little on my husband!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's a musician .. been without a REAL gig for awhile. But now he's playing for Bobby Vinton for the next month. [started two weeks ago]

For all you youngsters who have never heard of Bobby Vinton.... here he is:

http://www.bobbyvinton.com/

The band is about a 16 piece Big Band. Awesome group!!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool TuTu!

Way to go hubby! I hope that he has fun playing this gig.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news for a change TuTu!!

Terrific for your husband. Always loved Bobby Vinton and that era.

Reminds me of a more simple time. Where are they playing?

Enjoy and have fun with this,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little ole Branson, MO.

There's 100+ shows on a daily basis here. Oak Ridge Boys, Tony Orlando, Andy Williams, Joe Diffie, Yakov Smirnoff, to name a few well-known folks.

He used to play for Shoji Tabuchi.... well-known in some circles!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TuTu,

WOW!!! That is so neat! What a great musician he is to be playing for this great star. It is my era...I love that music.

Congratulations to hubby.

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertcanyon
Member # 17998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertcanyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congatulations!!!  -

What instrument(s) does your husband play?

--------------------
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love

Posts: 61 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

NO moving for us! Unless we move back to TEXAS!

He plays sax and clarinet in the show. He plays all the woodwinds, pipe organ, piano, and he can play most every instrument since he used to be a band director.

He can't play stringed instruments because of a fingertip that got cut off as a child and it's rather numb and a bit shorter than the others! [Razz]

I'm very proud of him. He has played with other stars as well, including all the Welk stars [and Lennon Sisters] with the Lawrence Welk Orchestra...Way AFTER Lawrence Welk passed away.

He's been playing professionally full time for 13 yrs.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

desertcanyon
Member # 17998

Icon 6 posted      Profile for desertcanyon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, sax can be very sexy! [Wink]

I know you are very proud and you should be! That is great news.

You know, I'm usually so busy reading the content of the postings that I never really looked at your Tutu dancers long enough to understand the "oops!" beside them.

I finally looked at them long enough to see why they are saying "oops". Hilarious. [lol]

--------------------
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love

Posts: 61 | From Atlanta, GA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TUTU, HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY!

bobby vinton; i've loved him since the 60s of ROSEST ARE RED; i've got several albums of him.

did your hubby play on lawrence welk's TV show or BRANSON location only?

he's played with the best!! a band director; you 2 are quite talented ... him musically and you being a TEACHER! what a pair.

hope things continue going well!

if i remember right when andy williams and tony orlando came to des moines, iowa with truckloads of WATER after the 93 flood, bobby came too!

if hubby ever gets a chance, could he ask him? we were very touched they'd come here to help and ANDY'S NATIVE IOWAN! [bonk] [bow]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, you've been on that bumpy road lately, so I'm glad there's a bright spot in your life now.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Showing your age TuTU hahahaha [Big Grin]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's wonderful news! [Cool]

I remember Bobby Vinton...I have a (much) older sister that used to LOVE him so I heard his songs over and over again. [Razz]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great, Tutu!!!!!!!!!!! Will you be able to accompany him during any of the time frame and see some of the concerts?

This definitely would be exciting.

And yes, I know Shoji Tabuchi too. We took a vacation to Branson many years ago and saw him. Amazing stuff. I remember going in, not sure what to expect but came out extremely impressed.

Thanks for sharing the great news. You've been through so much lately, so you needed a ray of sunshine.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How exciting!!! Thanks for sharing the news.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'll try to find out, betty! and.. he was in the Welk Show here only...all the stars come here periodically. He just missed playing on the TV specials they run on PBS.

Cathy... He's playing right here where we live. I will see the show soon. I get to go free!

and guess what, Cathy... You probably saw my husband in the show! He was there from 1997 to 2004.

Thanks, guys. You are all so kind. Yes, tree ... I'm old! [Big Grin]

[ 14. November 2008, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is cool. I did go to the web site. Bobby Vinton Looks good. I expected him to look much older.

Tried to read the bio to see how old he is now, but the print was too small for this lyme brain and too close together.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

He's older than the pic. I think he's in is early 70's.

Google his name.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was lucky enough to HEAR in person how good he really is!!!

AND I can claim I broke bread with this "FAMOUS" duo of Mr and Mrs TuTu,,,It WAS "MY" honor!!!

believe me when I say he is ALL that and MORE,,,(besides being a genuine GREAT person!!!)

PS. he married a MUCH younger wife,,,she appears to be a 20 -something old!!!

She WILL claim to be OLDER,,,,but dont believe a word of that garbage. Twenty something,,,and I am sticking to it!!!(my story)

IF she scans her drivers license,,she photo shopped it!!!

been there,heard that!!!being--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just don, [lol] [Big Grin] [lol]

telling secrets on mr. and mrs. tutu!! still laughing away; thanks for your input and glad you got to hear MR. TUTU!! [bonk]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TuTu, so glad things are going great. I know you are so proud of your hubby!!

I'm proud of you too, teachers are awesome!! and didn't I read somewhere he is a professor also?

Be sure to let us know when he finishes the CD for the church. I'd love to buy one, and make a contribution to the building fund!!

Wishing you both a fun 6 weeks! You both deserve it!!

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

don....I'm now officially "old" per my cardiologist. No, he didn't say that, but most 20 yr olds don't get A-fib! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Yes, that was a great day, wasn't it!? The day you came here and you and Mel got to see him in "The Rat Pack."

That was a fun show. Too bad it had to go bye-bye.

I can't wait to see Bobby's show. I saw it about 6 yrs ago, but hubby wasn't playing in it then.

and Yes, hubby teaches private music lessons at a local Christian college.

[ 14. November 2008, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement