LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » SSDI exam questions.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SSDI exam questions.....
sandiet
Member # 15916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandiet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am scheduled for my first medical exam for Saturday, can anyone tell me what to expect?? and maybe give me some advice??? I sure would appreciate it. Thanks, Sandie
Posts: 45 | From michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandie,
I don't have any experience or suggestions, but just wanted to say good luck. Keep us posted!

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandiet
Member # 15916

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sandiet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your well wishes Ocean, I have gotten some pretty good feed back on a couple of other Lyme sites, so my anxiety is decreasing.

Whenever I post here, I get very little feed back, most of the time it's none, so thanks so much for your reply. Take care, Sandie [confused]

[ 04. December 2008, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: sandiet ]

Posts: 45 | From michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sandee

what kind of dr. are you seeing?

have you looked thru my NEWBIE PACKAGE LINK?

PAGES 114 - to end of it 149?

take a typed list of what your symptoms/illnesses are?

DDS sends them what they want done...VERY LITTLE and very FEW help your case!

i'm at library; 1 hr. only, and my time is about up...no more time to talk,

good luck!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandie,

I just wanted to wish you luck and I am interested to see what others post here too. This might be my next step.

Good luck and keep us posted!! [Wink]

Jenny

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandiet
Member # 15916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sandiet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BettyG, I see a LLMD and a neurologist who both support me 100%.

I will check out your newbie package, Thanks for your help. Take care, Sandie

Jenny, Thank you for your well wishes, I will let you know what happens.

Its been a nerve racking process. Take care you guys, Thanks again, Sandie [hi]

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since noone else seemed to anwer your question, maybe you could answer it for us who are wondering too after your appointment?

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandie,

I've never seen you here before....sorry about your exp. with responses!

I wonder how things went for you?

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandiet
Member # 15916

Feelfit & Lisas,Thanks for your reply, The Dr. was nice to a point, she had a waiting room full of patients and was the only Dr. there on a Saturday, so I took that into consideration B/C she was kinda impatient.

She asked me a lot of questions about my Lyme and my history before my Lyme diagnosis,she had me bend and touch my toes,hop on one foot, just basic things. She believes that I HAD lyme, but after her exam and hearing my history, she believes I have MS,
she said after being on ABXS, the lyme would be gone! So, I let her talk and did not argue with her, boy was that hard.

She said I have nerve damage down my right side, I thought to myself, gee thats a surprise, I've known that for 10 years.

I legitimately failed her neurological test, she said I was very weak
and that she believed I was truly sick and that she would do what she could do to get me approved.

I feel encouraged by her statement to me, but know its in the hands of SSDI to decide, So I expect to get a denial, then I can start the appeals process. Well....
you never know,maybe I'll get approved the first time, Wouldn't that be nice. Take care all, Sandie

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sandie,

thanks for update on your visit, and glad she did agree on some things! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandiet
Member # 15916

Your welcome BettyG [Wink] , Thank you for always being so kind. Take care, Sandie

[ 08. December 2008, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: sandiet ]

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SAndiet, It's frustrating when we know more than our Drs about lyme huh? Well I hope she does fight for you and you do get it! I'll put you in my prayers!!!!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandiet
Member # 15916

Thanks Lisa, I need all the prayers I can get.

[confused] Yes, it is frustrating to think we know more about a disease then our mainstream Doc's know.

Hopefully, someday they will know the truth!!

Take care, Sandie [Wink]

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sandy,

It sounds like you got what you needed from that doctor. It's not the dx that counts, but the fact that she noted you had neuro problems and weaknesses.

You will have a better chance of being approved. That is the goal, no matter what they call it.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sandiet
Member # 15916

Thanks Lymednva,I need the encouragement, it made my night!! I hope and pray it happens without a fight.

Luckly I was having a really bad day when she examined me, thank God!

Thanks again, Sandie [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement