LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I feel like Lyme is EVERYWHERE!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel like Lyme is EVERYWHERE!
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hollywood Celebrities:

Michael Jackson is reportedly suffering a potentially fatal lung disease. According to reports, the pop star has been diagnosed with Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, a rare genetic illness that may require Jackson to have a lung transplant.

Ian Halperin, who wrote a biography on Jackson, tells In Touch magazine that the 50-year-old singer has suffered from the disease for several years. ``He's had it for years, but it's gotten worse. He needs a lung transplant but may be too weak to go through with it... it's the gastrointestinal bleeding that is the most problematic part. It could kill him,'' he claims.

Jackson is allegedly struggling to speak and is nearly blind in his left eye. A rep for Jackson has not commented on the reports.

Jeremy Piven from Entourage backed out of a Broadway show because of high levels of Mercury.

Janet Jackson cancelled most of her shows due to VERTIGO?

Brian Littrell's (Back Street Boys) son has been diagnosed with Kawaski Disease? What IS that:

Before being admitted Baylee had been treated for or thought to have had strep throat, hand, foot, mouth disease and erythema multiforme. After receiving a biopsy, blood tests, an EKG and 2 echocardiograms, Baylee was finally diagnosed with A-Typical Kawasaki Disease. We would like to stress A-Typical because Baylee did not have text book symptoms of any of the viruses they thought he had.

Kawasaki Disease causes inflammation in the coronary arteries as well as the walls of the small and medium sized arteries throughout the body. Unfortunately, Baylee's coronary arteries were affected. He received an IVIG, which is a treatment to bring down the inflammation in his coronary arteries. Baylee will be closely monitored for the next 6-8 weeks by a Pediatric Cardiologist to see if the treatment was effective.

I'm just wtg in the wings for this epidemic to FINALLY come to the surface. It's so clearly out of control and it's downright scaring me!

Thoughts? [Eek!]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am confused. What does this have to do with LD?
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Clarissa is saying that because so many diseases are misdiagnosed as other things when they are actually Lyme that these possibly could be too.

I do the same thing. When I have a friend of a friend who I hear about that's just been dignosed with MS, or lupus...I think, "Mm Hmm. Suuuure." I automatically think Lyme.

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me say that my cerebral arteries present like Baylees. My first ID doc called me at 10:00pm and started saying things like Kawasakis disease, stroke ect.

I have lyme.....so Southerngrl, there is a correlation to this post and Lyme disease. Bad, bad stuff. Bigger than we could even imagine.

it's a mind boggling crock.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys nailed it! Yes, Southerngirl, my point is, I think people are getting misdiagnosed (celebrities too) all over the world when it's really Lyme or some other tick borne illness.

I think the coinfections are becoming more virulent and people are getting REALLY sick. I use celebrities as an example simply because we all know them.

It's just so scary to think that there is still SUCH ignorance about this epidemic...when Michael Jackson or a Back Street Boy child can't get an accurate diagnosis...that's scary. Money & fame mean nothing to this evil spirochete. It has no prejudices at all.

Feelfit: Interesting that you were misdiagnosed with Kawaski disease. Never heard of it in MY LIFE. Wow.

Missing you...hope you're doing well.

You, too, LymieLauren!

XOXOXO

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In order to reap rewards, we must create the diseases first. I don't mean me but the insurance companies and big pharma. Maybe we should all go on strike and then see what happens? Aye??????????
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

THINK ABOUT IT. IF THERE WASN'T AN ILLNESS TO TREAT...WHERE WOULD THE MEDICAL FIELD BE?

WE'VE READ AND KNOW ABOUT THE TUSKEEGEE EXPERIMENT AND IF YOU CHECK OUT THE POLIO VACCINE,

YOU'LL SEE THAT THEY USED CHILDREN IN THAT EXPERIMENT TOO. NOW IT'S BECOMING MANDATORY TO GET YOUR CHILDREN VACCINATED.

HOW ABOUT AIDS, OR GULF WAR SYNDROME? ALL THESE SYDROMES, AND BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE. MONEY IS IN THE TREATMENT, AND UNTIL WE WAKE UP TO THAT FACT, WE'LL NEVER GET WELL.

WHY? I WAS ALWAYS TRUSTING AND BELIEVED IN THESE PEOPLE, AND NOW, MAYBE PARANOIA FROM LYME, BUT POSSIBLY, A REAL EYE OPENER SINCE I'VE DEALT WITH MY OWN DEMISE. IF ANYTHING, MY VOICE WILL BE HEARD THROUGH LIFE OR DEATH...TRUST ME!!!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE WAKE UP AND DO YOUR RESEARCH! IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY! THERE ARE A FEW GOD CHOSEN PROFESSIONALS THAT HAVE CONSCIENCES' AND WILL FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL TO SAVE US.

THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE BEING STRUCK BY THIS DEVASTATING DISEASE IS BECOMING TOO MONUMENT FOR THEM TO HIDE. DON'T GIVE UP, GIVE YOUR VOICE, A VOICE WHEN ADDED TOGETHER, MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE. PLEASE FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT, TO BE HEARD AND HOPEFULLY, A CURE THAT WILL SAVE US ALL.

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...but where is the money in Lyme? It seems the opposite, as we are fighting to say our disease is real.

The establishment is saying there is no such thing, which doesn't allow Big Pharma to make any money on long term treatment....and insurance companies certainly dont' want people sick. Then they have to pay.

So I guess I don't get that....???

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

I don't know what the answers are but, as dr. J from NC says in "Under Our Skin", I can feel the tsunami coming. It's a primal instinctual feeling.

Why did Owen Wilson try to kill himself?
Why did Heath Ledger overdose on ALL meds that concern Lyme-like symptoms: insomnia, depression, anxiety, pain (Oxycontin)
What makes Britney Spears SO erratic?

Call me paranoid but I think it's rampant and now being "exposed" in Hollywood yet not ONE of these people have been diagnosed with a TBD.

I'd be willing to bet $$ (that I don't have) that at least 1/2 of these celebs I've mentioned have a TBD. Not a doubt in my mind.

It's downright scary and I'm waiting, somewhat patiently, for this GINORMOUS issue to surface. I want to be there and we DO have to keep stepping up to the plate...even if we don't want to be on this team (which many days, I don't want to be in this club anymore).

We'll see...but as the movie title says, "something's gotta give."

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

lymeloco
Unregistered

The money would be in continuing to deny there is chronic lyme.

I don't know how many doctors, tests, and er visits you've experienced, but I have had many.

What I've also noticed, is that most seem willing to diagnose m.s. a lot more in this area and I'm not sure what's with that.

We are seeing lots more teenagers with it than ever.

Maybe something like terrorism has already hit us, or someone messed up in the lab and now we are dealing with the consequences.

I also wonder why it takes so many years to find cures. With all the technology and the master minds of the most elitist colleges, you'd think it wouldn't take that long.

The money that goes towards research like how a tse tse fly mates or all the other assinine research they're doing is wasting time and money!

Let them put the funds to meaningful research and let them stop hanging on to egos so big that while they are doing that, people all over the world are suffering. [shake]

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying that some of these celebs don't have LD; but I think that we as Lymies tend to be way to quick to say that everything is Lyme. There are many, many other illnesses besides LD. I just try not to get too paranoid and jump to conclusions that every single thing someone does or the way they act points to LD.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
22dreams
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 22dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. We don't know the details of their lives.

Janet Jackson has had vertigo from vestibular migraines--
evidently she's been treated for and is supposedly better--is it lyme?
She's supposedly pregnant so that could be a contributing factor to her health.
No details, y'know?
could be.....

Piven: his doctor stated that the mercury toxicity was from "eating sushi twice a day for years" and his symptoms progressed to "profound neuromuscular weakness ... dizziness and nausea," says Colker.

sushi or bacterial infection/lyme...or....?

Another thing that I read about last week is a cross-reaction of mercury amalgams and gold from dental work. The presence of gold in the mouth breaks the amalgams down faster & causes mercury toxicity.

It's true, I see these reports and think about the possibility of lyme but we have no way of knowing the details.

In any event, lyme and TBD is an epidemic, whether these particular famous ppl have TBD or not.

I just came back from the eye doctor and she told me that she has several patients with lyme and she started saying what a "horrible, horrible" thing it is.

It would be great if a celebrity or other famous person took up the cause though. Or maybe if they advertised that they have it, then people would at least start paying more attention.

Posts: 571 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Agree. Agree. Agree! [bonk]

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

ForestNymph
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForestNymph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if we only look at the celebs we KNOW have Lyme. For goodness sake, our president has it! Michael J. Fox, Richard Gere, Mary McDonnel, Amy Tan, Christie Brinkly, Christie Turlington, and the list goes on!

It certainly does seem like its everywhere! And since it is so commonly misdiagnosed in the general population we can only assume that the same is the case among celebrities.

--------------------
Infected in March '06

Lyme Disease, Bartonella, Babesia

Diagnosed June '07

Remission Since September 2011.

My Story:
http://lymelabyrinth.blogspot.com

www.myspace.com/psyche_entranced

Posts: 119 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tracy9:
...but where is the money in Lyme?

Going to all the practitioners we see for misdiagnoses, tests, wrong treatments, drugs...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so far based on lots of research i have done,

seems that many undiagnosed or mysterious diseases that so many people of all ages are diagnosed with, could all be related to or just late stages of Lyme.

Especially since they can all be transmitted not just by Ticks alone.

[Eek!]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

WHY don't some of the celebrities tha forestnymph pointed out SAY something or FIGHT for the cause? I'm rendered speechless. This is surreal.

This is the fastest growing epidemic since AIDS and it's message is NOT being heard. I pray tha "Under Our Skin" is the trail-blazer to more eye-opening articles, news reports, books and movies.

It's absolutely insane!!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

22dreams
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 22dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clarissa:

Why did Owen Wilson try to kill himself?

Why did Heath Ledger overdose on ALL meds that concern Lyme-like symptoms: insomnia, depression, anxiety, pain (Oxycontin)

What makes Britney Spears SO erratic?

Mental illness is epidemic too.

Something that is silent but can be deadly is Personality disorders --
because they are only glaringly apparent to those most intimate(family). Those with PDs are far less likely to seek out treatment than those in the general population.
The only time our attention is called to it is with celebrity or when the PDd break laws or are caught breaking laws.

Think, when you see in the News:
familial/relationship murder-suicides by law-abiding citizens.

Personality disorders are hypothesized to be 50% genetic and 50% environmnet(nature/nurture). For some, there is a higher component on one or the other.

Psychiatric manifestions of Lyme & other TBD cannot present as disorder of the personality but can display with some behavior that may be considered "look alike".
Perhaps more resembling Axis 1 moods (depression, anxiety, bi-polar et al) rather than Axis 2 disorders (as many in hollywood & prison).

I hesitate to jump to physical causation when I see those things in the news (i.e. Britney, Owen, Heath) because those with disorders need to take responsibility for themselves and their actions & inventory in order to get better, if possible.

Anyway, Heath Ledger had a drug problem previously, I believe.
and if you saw his role in Dark Knight, you can see how he got into the disturbing mind of a psychopath--which is dangerous for method actors.

I read that the role was affecting his state of well being, so taking some prescription meds throughout filming would not be surprising. He was reportedly urged to seek counseling when the role was over because he remained in character outside the film sets.

[ 24. December 2008, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: 22dreams ]

Posts: 571 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
22dreams
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17846

Anyway, our time will come.
This is an epidemic and it will be so prevalent, it will be undeniable and something will have to be done.
We are at the point where HIV/AIDS was in the 80s, however, I fear lyme isn't as tantalizing an infectious disease to catapult the careers of ID doctors.

Re: famous people--Michael J. Fox has parkinsons but perhaps doesn't suspect or hasn't contemplated a link between that and his ``former'' case of lyme.

But I want to give some of the celebrities/famous ppl credit:

MARY MCDONNELL

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Achievements_NewYork.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sY5h7s6zto

AMY TAN

http://www.amytan.net/LymeDisease.aspx

She is involved with Lyme Literati:
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/LymeLiterati/index.html

Radio: http://nooneslistening.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=75579

With the LDA, she collaborated to form LymeAid4kids:

``The Lyme Disease Association (LDA), in collaboration with best-selling author Amy Tan, has a fund designed to be used by families with no insurance who need to have their children properly evaluated for possible Lyme disease...''

She has participated in panel discussions with the viewings of Under Our Skin.

Clarissa
Member # 4715

You're absolutely right...and let's not forget Daryl Hall:

A good man to have on "our side": Daryl Hall

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/articles/17226/cover-story

http://seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080612/LIFE/806120326/-1/ENTERTAIN

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement