LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My mother had a stroke

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My mother had a stroke
ajisuun
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard that my mother had a serious stroke and is not expected to live. I live in Africa and I am trying to get a flight to the U.S. The next flight out of here is Sunday evening and I will arrive on Monday evening in Atlanta.

Those of you who pray, please pray for me and especially for my dad. My parents have been married almost 60 years. My mom is a strong Christian and eager for heaven. I don't have much hope of seeing her alive unless they choose to have the machines kept on until I can get there.

I have been in a really bad fatigue cycle and now this hits. I am really worried about how I am going to handle the stress and the 24 hour trip. God is faithful though.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friend, you are in my thoughts and prayers. YOur Mother is fortunate to have faith in her Maker.

My hope is that you and your Dad find comfort in Him as well.

Take care of yourself. Try to sleep when you can.

Hugs,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wantabe
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wantabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you and your family!
Take your strength from your mother's love-Moms always have it to give where ever they are.

Take care,
wantabe [group hug]

--------------------
Lyme+ dx Dec.07
Currently: Levaquin,Cefdinir,Plaquinil,Fluconazole
Nystatin,B12 meth, nortriptyline
Ambien,Clonazepam,many supplements
Dairy, sugar, gluten free diet
infrared sauna and exercise

Posts: 235 | From Iowa | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ajisuun

i'm so sorry to read of this devastating news to you and with you being 24 hrs. away in africa! [group hug] [kiss]

for your long flight, perhaps you could write down or dictate to a recorder ALL your wonderful memories of your mom and things you did together and how she influenced your life. This way you are sending POSITIVE VIBS to her/family your entire trip. just an idea [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

i'm going to dig out a link of important info on FLYING from a male stewardess in hoping that will help you on your LONG trip.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=055958

also my sympathy poem collection, and there are 4-6 mom poems at the end of the collection plus other types of poems [group hug] [kiss]

``SYMPATHY'' POEM COLLECTION by Betty G
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014207

please have a safe flight, and your lymenet family will thinking and praying for your dear Mom, family, and your safe journey back home! [kiss]

Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm praying you will have a comfortable trip home. I pray your father will do well and things will go well for you all.

I hope you will see an LLMD...before you leave home again. I think it would be a good idea.

God bless you and your family,
-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for your Mom and you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ajisun,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother. Traveling from Africa to the U.S. in this conditions is hard on anyone, but with your fatigue already in place, just don't forget to take care of yourself as well.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ajisuun,

Praying for you and your family.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajisuun
Unregistered

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I have a ticket for that Sunday flight so I will try to cross the ferry first thing in the morning. The flight doesn't leave until about 9 pm, but I can stay with friends until it's time to go to the airport.

My family has taken my mom off life support and she is still alive, but I don't think she will make it until I get home. One day at a time.

mcctrun
Member # 18565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcctrun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ajisuun,

i am so sorry to hear about your Mom.
my prayers are with you and your family.

hold on to all that your Mom taught you about your faith and know in your heart and soul that she is right there with you as you travel home.

Posts: 3 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melodymaker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melodymaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ajisuun, praying for travelling blessings, and for your Mom and family.

--------------------
Wishing You Showers Of Blessings!
Lyme since Fall 1983 = Diagnosed Summer 2008
IV Rocephin 7 weeks Stopped due to drug fever
Now doxycycline
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 430 | From Sunny South | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajisuun
Unregistered

Thanks so much for your prayers.

I arrived on Monday night January 5 and was able to get the the hospital about 10:30 pm. Mom was still alive, but was breathing heavily. The family had disconnected the life support on Saturday and no one knew why she was still alive. There was no medical reason to explain it. Her pulse was running between 20 and 30, but her blood was 95-100% oxygenated. The nurses all said that was impossible, but God specializes in the impossible. The doctor said she was waiting for someone.

I held her hand and told that I had finally made it, but she could not respond. I sat there chatting with my dad, sisters and brother-in-law, telling stories about some things I had been doing in The Gambia in the days before I came. Mom always loved my stories. As I talked, my sister who is a nurse practitioner, saw that mom's breathing had changed and the breaths were coming very sporatically. Within about 1/2 hour of my arrival, Mom went home to be with her Lord. It was very evident that she had been waiting for me to arrive.

The funeral was Saturday. I will be here in Tennessee with my dad for about a month and then return to The Gambia so that I can wrap up loose ends and turn over my responsibilities in some kind of organized (I hope) way before returning the the U.S. in early April for furlough.

It was a very difficult week, so we appreciated everyone's prayers. Dad is holding up fairly well most of the time, but he will need people's prayers for months to come. My presence for the next month and then again as I am in and out during my year in the States should help to ease the transition to living alone.

I am holding up surprisingly well, but I can feel the crash coming. I have a couple weeks to recover before I make that killer trip again.

bettyg
Unregistered

ajisuun

my heartfelt sympathies to you/your entire family on your deep loss of your beloved mom! xox

so GLAD you got there and she was waiting for your physical presence and hearing one last story from you before she left this earth for heaven.

glad you're taking 1 month to be here helping your dad adjust, write on all sympathy notes, and paperwork of her estate, etc.

for the times when you really miss your mom, get our a video/dvd, and play it of her ... great listening to her voice and laughter and just watching her mannerisms/expressions !!

continue talking daily to her as you did before; she hears it all, and you can feel it in your heart.

i was just thinking of you the other day and wandering...thanks for coming back as you felt up to it.

may god help you now and in the days, months, and years ahead ... betty

feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ajisun,

So glad that you were able to make it for your MOms last hours. I am sure that it was you she was waiting for.

Bless all of you in your time of transition. Loving someone and losing them is never easy.

Take care,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Ajisuun >>>>>,

Just saw this, dear one! Perhaps your Momma is having a beautiful discusiion with my Mom. We lost her May 10th of this last year.

I understand some of waht you and your dad are going thru...as my family is going thru it as well.

Ajisuun, rest when you are able,cry when you need to...The Lord knows the heart and the loss.And laugh when sweet and fun memories come as well. It really helps!

Will keep you in heart and prayers!

Love from Silverwolf

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ajisuun

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your mom before she passed on. I think she heard every word of your stories.

Thank you for sharing another of God's miracles with us.

I'm sorry for your loss and will pray for your dad to make a smooth transition. God has called your mom home.

I hope you have a comfortable trip back to Gambia and that the time in flight goes by quickly.
-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement