LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Old age or Lyme or neither?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Old age or Lyme or neither?
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other morning I woke up and was just getting ready to leave my warm bed.. when I heard this plop noise next to my head on the bed.

Low and behold.. there sits a frog.

Not one of the tiny little bright lime green tree frogs.. but a medium sized brown/black one.

I'd never seen the likes of him before.

Now rather than jump out of bed and doing the funky chicken all the way down the hall and out the door...

I just kind of thought, oh well.. and wiggled away from him and got out of bed.

NORMALLY I wake with ONE thing on my mind.. getting to the little girls room on time to .. well - a number "one" ... and I'm quite in a hurry too.

I headed that way.. did my thing... and headed back to the bed room.

My next morning ritual is making the bed.

But WAIT!

There is a frog in it. I can't make the bed till I find the frog.

As I headed out of the room, unsuccessful in my hunt for the creature and bed still unmade...

I thought to myself..

Most people would be pretty freaky to find a frog in their bed and here I am just as casual as if it were a normal every day thing.

I also thought my mother would have not believed me if I tried to tell her years ago that I couldn't make my bed because there was a frog in it. I laughed thinking about trying to explain that one.

Which leads me to ask this question...

Not worrying about a frog being in my bed.. well, is that because of old age and I just don't care... or from Lyme... or what?

I ONLY come here to ask my friends this sincere questions.. because I know for a fact that some of you have also woken up to find a toad in YOUR bed too.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woaaaaa!!!!! Me thinks you have a baaaad case of BRAIN FOG>>>BRAIN FOG>>>>I have been in a malaise, stupor and many other fogged up Lyme brained situations.....

I even forgot I had Lyme disease after being diagnosed by LLMD..

.BUT I CAN TELL YOU IF I FOUND A FROG IN MY BED I WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT THE DOOR SCREAMING ALL THE WAY DOWN THE HALL WITH MY CLOTHES TRAILING BEHIND ME AND MY BEHIND IN FRONT OF ME!!!

Are you taking anything to help you sleep? Dear Gd, this is apathy at it's best. Tincup, that is unbelievable. Are you making this up? All I can say is OH MY!!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wait....Did you ever find the frog????

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh TC.....As much as I love frogs, I'd be a bit freaked to find one on my pillow in the morning. [Eek!]

Just be glad the frogs are not in your underpants!

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2008/girl-with-frogs-in-pants-p1.php

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brain Frog??? [Wink]
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old age? Nahhh.

Lyme brain....nahhhh.

Nature lover and one who loves the great outdoors...Maybe the frog was just a wecome call!

[Smile]

After all you've been through with Lyme and Company, I would think a frog in the bed is NOTHING in comparison!

If you've ever camped out in the woods, a frog greeting is not that unusual and may even be viewed as a very good omen!

Did you kiss him????

[Smile]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissMari
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissMari     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the warmer seasons I have little frogs outside my apartment door. They are the cutest little things!

On the other hand, on certain occasions I have also woken up to a toad in my bed.

Using my better judgement, I called off the wedding. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Bite: July 1995
Next 13 years: Treated for things I didn't have
Symptom total: 45
1 faint Lyme IgM May 2000
5 More negative tests
IGeneX says YES! 3/16/09
Finally feel human: 2012

Posts: 120 | From Plainsboro NJ | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, do I HAVE to tell you everything????

You HAVE to kiss alot of frogs to find a prince,,,and they are lining up for you it seems!!

NEXT time do it right and kiss him before making the bathroom run,,,and see what you have to return too!!

Then WAKE UP silly,,,your dreaming!! But a FUN dream no less!! Was he a 'good' frog???

OR you need better doors and windows in your 'dwelling'.

Is "Freddy" the frog replacing,,,hmmmm,,,, for got his name,,,your pet spider in your key board???

Cant be me,,,I remain --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! You all DO make me laugh!

And Stella.. that video clip is SO FUNNY!!!! I almost missed seeing the link! How many frogs did that little girl have in her underwear? HA!

[lol]

Little g... NOT to worry. Sizzled has it down pat. With all I have had happen over the years... and being a nature lover.... a frog in the bed isn't a big deal. Just funny.

BUT.. I have friends like yourself who would have... and I laughed at this one you said... run down the hall screaming with their behind in front of them. HA!

And no.. never did find the frog. It was a night that there was a hard freeze here... and I felt sorry for him, beings it was so cold outside... so I forgave him for hopping in my warm water bed.

Hopefully he went out the way he came in?

[Big Grin]

And Just Don... I would imagine in this camper that a possum could get in if it wanted. No matter what I do.. they always find a way. Had a squirrel in here once. THAT was fun!

There are 2 or more armadillos living underneath here too.. which I have to shoo out soon because they are disrupting the block foundation with their digging.

Problem is.. they come out about 11:30 at night to do their thing... and it is so dark that I can't see much to get to the opening to close it off.

But I will figure it out. I may not be able to outsmart the genius mouse... but an armadillo? Yeah.

Oh.. and the spiders name is Earl. He said to tell you hey.

[Big Grin]

Hey muffin head... Brain FROG sounds like a good explanation! HA!

```````````````````````````````````````````

Yo Sizzled... oh so frozen one.

You sure do know me!

And NO.... I didn't kiss the frog. Maybe I should have? I think I will go look for him. It might be a good thing?

OOPS! OH WAIT.

I just got an instant message from him! His name is Tod. Yes, Tod the toad.

He said he appreciated the warm water bed on that really cold night... but... if I tried to kiss him...

He would croak!

[Big Grin]

Hey Ms. Mari...

You said.. "I have also woken up to a toad in my bed. Using my better judgement, I called off the wedding."

Oh so FUNNY girl!

I KNEW there would be someone brave enough to admit it! You made me laugh too!

We all need a laugh now and again.

Thanks!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say like Forrest Gump did.
Treepatrol: TinCup, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Lymetoo. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time.. I miss you, TC.

-

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC ~ I think it was 5 or 6 BIG frogs in that little diaper! She was sooooo funny!

A gal after my own heart [Big Grin]

Glad I could provide a smile for the day.

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A frog in your bed, huh?

Yeah, I was going to suggest kissing him, but someone else beat me to it.

As for the no reaction, well, I guess we all get to a point where nothing phases us.

But I have to tell you, a frog is nothing compared to what I woke up next to one morning in college--and no, it wasn't a drunk frat boy.

I sat up, looked down, and there next to me was a spider as big as my hand (I kid you not!!!)

I stifled a huge scream (6 am in the dorms--I'd have been written up for sure), then dumped the contents of a shoe box and scooped it up in it.

My roommate asked me why I didn't just kill it--then I showed her how big it was.

So I took it down to the community garbage cans and tossed it in. The cleaning lady saw what was in the box and doused it with her cleaning solution.

Ugh, I still get the willies thinking about that.

I think that day I needed your frog.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not have guessed from the heading that this topic was about a frog.

TC, better watch it tonite, that this frog doesn't pull that little girl's number.

How much would anyone of us have to be PAID to do what that little girl did in that video? I'm still laughing!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good omen.

I read somewhere that frogs are an 'endangered species' as people are eating them for their legs.

Do they eat ticks????

Pass the frog...

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Brain frog!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!

(yeah...I'm a little slow on the uptake!)

[Big Grin] still laughing

ajisuun
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, if it's only one, don't worry about it. I find them in the closets and hopping happily down the hall. The strangest place I found one was in my cat's water dish...with the cat calmly eating right next to it.

We may have to add brain frogs to the list of Lyme symptoms. (I usually find my frogs though and throw them out the door.)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow,a cat that eats with frogs.

I used to have outdoor farm cats,,,they caught and ate frogs

they completely ignore TOADS.

Havent heard of anyone eatting frog legs lately,,,back in the dark ages when I grew up,,,had them once or twice!!

One small frog would not even make a 'snack'. It takes lots and lots of BIG bull frog legs to make a meal for a few people.

Regular green frogs here are considered 'fishbait'

If you have never heard a BIG 'BULLFROG' croaking,,they make ALOT of noise,,enough to wake you from solid slumber!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:

No, but didn't you suspect something was up, since it was posted by Tincup!!??
[Razz] [Big Grin]

Tincup... Did you find the frog. Inquiring minds want to know! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:

No, but didn't you suspect something was up, since it was posted by Tincup!!??
[Razz] [Big Grin]

Hmmm....could be....

[Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. TinCup,

You certainly lead an exciting life! [Smile]

I'll trade you the frog for the cockroach that

Crawled across my face one night. [Eek!]

I think as I felt it I realized what it was.

Almost broke my leg jumping out of bed.

Then I woke my husband up.

I told him that there was a huge cockroach in the bed.

So we looked. Under blankets, pulled back the sheets.

No cockroach.

There was no way I was getting back in that bed

Until the Midnight Visitor was caught.

I told my husband to move the pillows.

There he was. The Cockroach warily eyeing us.

I swear he was 2 inches long.

My husband then took a pillow and tried to smash him.

(He obviously wasn't awake. Pillow smashing does not kill cockroaches.) [Roll Eyes]

As the roach ran across the bed, my husband jumped and

Hit him with the pillow.

Roach runs this way. Husband jumps and smashes.

Roach runs that way. Same thing.

I laughed so hard I had tears coming down my face.

Finally my husband took his hand and swiped him out of the bed.

He landed on my leg. [Eek!]

By the time I finished smashing him with my

Mand/shoe/whatever I could get my hand on,

He was in about 100 pieces.

I'll trade you any day. [Big Grin]

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, poor little froggy. Needs his wittle lily pad.

I find after 10 years the things that would have sent me doing the funky chicken before I just sigh at now.

The other day I was on the freeway and got a flat tire. I just sighed pulled over and dealt with it.

A while back would have been panicky. When I arived home I thought how odd that was for me to be so calm about the flat.

I figured since I knew I wasn't going to die or feel physical pain I was okay with it.

Say hi to the little froggy for me.

Fancy

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Fancy - this is true, and I think this speaks to the heart of what it's like for us - things that bother others don't phase us at all, and things that don't bother others set us off, which can really surprise others.

Example: I couldn't care less if the car I'm in has to go as fast as possible on the road, since I'm just happy to be out getting anything done at all!

But it matters to a lot of drivers who honk at each other constantly to move it so they can have a two-minute faster ride.

Yet, if someone pops popcorn in front of me, or has perfume on, or suddenly starts cleaning the floor with bleach, I'm out the door before you can say boo from not being able to handle the smell, and others are just left scratching their head over it.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all have me laugh laugh laughing!

So many stories, so many nuts here! I LOVE it! HA!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

quote:
Originally posted by sizzled:
Good omen.

I read somewhere that frogs are an 'endangered species' as people are eating them for their legs.

Do they eat ticks????

Pass the frog...

Hmmm...frog legs with ticks...what kind of sauce do we put on that?
FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. now I'm just hungry. Pass froggy leg over here.

Oh, you are so right Robin. I'll move sometimes 2 or three times in a movie theater. It's crazy stuff. The looks I get sometimes...oh boy. I just [Wink] that usually gets them looking at someone else.

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Just a quick note-

I got sick the other night.. real sick.. like food poison.

I ate soup and then had some sugar free Russell Stover coconut candy. The soup should have been fine. I made it the day before and ate it that day and again this same day (the next day) with no problem.

I ate the candy (which I just bought still in wrapper and sealed completely) and got very sick.

While trying to figure out if I got Salmonella... which didn't seem likely because it was coconut candy with thin chocolate coating.. no peanuts....

But then later looked at the package and it has a warning it is made near peanut products.. hmmmm??

Anyhow...

I was reseaching and saw this. It was years ago.. but note how these folks got salmonella.

And I had a toad in my bed?

[Eek!]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/208476.stm

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, I would have kissed that frog that would turn into a handsome prince..And know what I'd turn into???? The Holiday Inn!!!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal... Oh yes, I've seen those 2 inch roaches! UGH. .. I could SEE yours! Thanks for the big laugh!!

Tincup, I hope you feel better soon!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG gang! These were hilarious!

I do think a prize needs to go to Charlie for coining the phrase 'brain frog'.

[lol]

Spiders, cockroaches and frogs oh my!!!

TC-I haven't heard the term 'funky chicken' in I don't know how long! Way too long for sure. I could actually picture you doing this! And scary enough, it looked like fun!

Old age, lyme or neither.......hhhhhmmmmmm....

I'd say neither and here's why.........

If I woke up with a frog in my bed I'd just poke it and say, "Hey, get up, you're late for work!"

Oh well............. [Roll Eyes]

Some of us just go with the flow. And that saying, 'go with the flow' goes nicely with your 'funky chicken' don't cha think?

Let us know if it turns back up TC!

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Ew, eating something and getting sick from it is something I can relate. Are you okay, TC????

Once bought a slice of chocolate cake but left it on the counter.

Ate it the next day...

Food poisoning!

Woke up 72 hours later with what felt like, a huge hangover.

Blgh....!

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me just ate some Russels Stover coconut candy and chocolate cake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIAQLQFYeW0&feature=PlayList&p=78AA0517B99799BA&index=11

Please pass the cockroach!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Too bad about your food poisoning, TC. I vote for the theory of peanuts exposure in the candy, with all the current news about the peanut problem.

I once had food poisoning from a poorly-cooked burger I ate. It came on suddenly when I was visiting with friends at a political office. I got stuck on the couch for probably at least eight hours, couldn't move.

And what were the two others doing? They were having a huge big ole pull-out-all-the-stops argument and I was a captive audience, couldn't move and had to listen to the whole darn thing. Don't mind me, folks...

Robin123
Member # 9197

quote:
Originally posted by Zebco 33:
Oh yes, I would have kissed that frog that would turn into a handsome prince..And know what I'd turn into???? The Holiday Inn!!!!!! [Big Grin]

Zebco, if there's a frog suite at your Holiday Inn, could you say you'd have that place hoppin'?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement