LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » anyone know if these are true?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone know if these are true?
lnc2000
Member # 18440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lnc2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LLMD in these state are allowed by Law to practice long term treatment for Lyme, and madatory Ins. coverage: Conn. , Minesota, New Jersey, NY, and RI. Penn and Delaware are trying to get the bill pass.
Posts: 36 | From Springfield VA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know conn. is and i believe i've read something on the rest of them.

go to ACTIVISM and go down thru the pages there as they would have posted about THEIR STATE'S LYME BILLS IN LEGISLATURE!

why are you asking? inquiring minds want to know [lol]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeloco
Unregistered

Yes, it is true.

http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/News/pr1.asp?prid=1268

lymeloco
Unregistered

That is for R.I. that is.
adamm
Unregistered

Well, MN does have a few more LLMD's than most states (4 or 5 total.)
lnc2000
Member # 18440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lnc2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I was concern with these because, i'm in state of

VA and can't find any LLMD that would take insurance for Lyme treatment, and wonder if i can

go to those other state to get treatment that

LLMD in those state are allow to treat Lyme long

term and accept insurance. Does anybody know of

a LLMD that take insurance in those states,

Thanks. Another question if you don't mind,

does oral yeast cause thrush, nausea, and dizzy?

Posts: 36 | From Springfield VA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LNC2000

You will find a better answer in the find a doctor section.

Also, look at BettyG's Newbie Package. It has more information than you will be able to review in a month!!

Most importantly, find a LLMD FIRST!!

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, from what I know, oral yeast is thrush....

I don't know that yeast causes the dizzy/nausea, but the bacteria does. Lots of Lymies have those symptoms.

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Minnesota:

2008 Minnesota Statutes

62A.265 COVERAGE FOR LYME DISEASE.
Subdivision 1.Required coverage.

Every health plan, including a plan providing the coverage specified in section 62A.011, subdivision 3, clause (10), must cover treatment for diagnosed Lyme disease.
Subd. 2.Special restrictions prohibited.

No health plan included in subdivision 1 may impose a special deductible, co-payment, waiting period, or other special restriction on treatment for Lyme disease that the health plan does not apply to nonpreventive treatment in general.
History:

1996 c 465 art 5 s 2

My family goes out-of-state for Lyme treatment.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tick Tock
Member # 15948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tick Tock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in Rhode Island and my insurance covers treatment, however the insurance company plays some games.

Rather than giving me a 30 day supply of a prescribed antibiotic they give me a 10 day supply. This drug also has a $30 copay. So rather than paying one $30 copay per month I pay $90 per month.

I am off that drug so i t's no longer a problem.

My mother, who is on Medicare could only get a 3 day supply of amoxy for her Lyme. I was going to threaten that we do IV Abx instead and see if they'll be happier paying for that.

The law is nice. Despite those laws there are very few who will attempt to treat it beyond 4 weeks of Doxy.

Posts: 79 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lnc2000
Member # 18440

Hi All,

When you go out of state for treatment, did your ins. cover? if it odes, is it out of network or in network? I ask because I plan to go to one of those state to find doctor and get treatment, all of llmd in my area does not take insurance, and i just can't afford them, (375/hour).
thanks.

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bill for this in CT was just introduced. It has not passed yet.

I thought LLDs were protected in RI and CA.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IN CT LLDs get $750-$900 an hour, so that sounds cheap to me!

I have Medicare which covers in other states. Depends on what kind of insurance you have.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD in CT charges about $250 a visit. First visit is more cuz it's longer, and tests, etc.

He does not participate in insurance, but if your insurance has out-of-network coverage, you can get reimbursed. That's the way I'm doing it, and I get about 80% back.

Send me a private message if you want to know this doctor's name.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogshowdisaster
Member # 19168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogshowdisaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help..

--------------------
Eileen

Posts: 34 | From Colorado | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the doctors are protected in California to an extent. That does not however mean that the insurance agency has to approve you abx's or cover you for your treatments.

Most insurance will pay what they normally would for lets say another infection at least for a certain amount of time. Many times however the insurance company will try or will even deny you abx esp. after a certain amount of time elapses.

I will have to check, but I thought in the state of California, that the main thing is that the doctors are protected from harassment for treating Lyme and they have the right to treat it how they like.(does not mean insurance has to pay for treatment) This is why the few LLMD's that are in California generally but not always practice privately and just treat Lyme and coinfections and of the ones that practice privately they don't take insurance.

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

fyi only,

from some info i have ... costs range from $100 to almost $1300 per hour!!!

worst is e. coast on high $$$ ...

editing; PLEASE DO NOT SWAMP ME WITH NOTES ASKING ME WHO $100 LLMD IS !!! thx

lnc2000
Member # 18440

Thanks all, I also have another question on how out of network ins. work, how do i know if the dr. is out of network or not, and do i have to pay out of pocket first then claim for reimburs..?

Thanks.

lnc2000
Member # 18440

Hi All

I'm in Virginia, there's a few LLMD (about 5)

around my area but none of them take ins.

I just wonder how out of network ins. work.

Is it that i pay first and get receipt from the

doctor and claim to get reimburse from Ins? the

Infectious Disease doctor just told me today,

that i don't need anymore treatment for Lyme and

she can't treat me anymore. The bad thing is i

was feeling all the symptoms while talking to

her but she wouldn't beleive me, she thinks it's

all in my head because i'm reading things from

Lymenet and the internet.

Now, I don't have a doctor and don't know if i

still have Lyme or not, but i'm still feeling all

the symptoms everyday (light,not really severe).

But it's more severe around the 8th to the 12th

of each month. Can anybody tell if I still have

Lyme or not.

Thank you so much for all your respond.

My recent test result (2/10/2009) from Quest is

Lyme Disease, (IGG,M) WB
B. Burgdorferi AB (IGG) QL WB Negative

Positive 23 kD and 66 kD IGG

B. Burgdorferi AB (IGM) QL WB Positive

positive 23 kD and 41 kD IGM

Thanks All.

[ 02-19-2009, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: lnc2000 ]

bettyg
Unregistered

2000, 1st; your insurance co. normally has a web site; go on it; should be something there about IN NETWORK.

go there and look for the name of the dr. you are wanting to go to; or should be able to type in their name and see IF they are in network.

otherwise, CALL your insurance co.

DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!! date, time of call, WHO YOU SPOKE TO & WHAT THEY SAID!! i type their comments as i can't read my writing anymore!! they can also hear me typing this, and that makes them NERVOUS! many have asked me about this before!! [Smile]

on your post right above mine, please go in and break it all up; we neuro folks can't read or comprehend, long, solid block text! we need short broken up paragraphs and double spacing between them.

you could also make your test results easier and those this only:

positives: 23 and 66

what's IGN??

positive 23 and 41

editing guidelines below!

Welcome; i'm so glad you found us!! You've come to the right place for education and support!

Dr. Burrascano's most recent "Diagnostic Hints and 2008 Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses" @

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/images/stories/PDF/LYMDX8RX2008-October.pdf

Dr. B's Supplement List
http://www.lymepa.org/Nutritional_Supplements.pdf

this link, making the most of your LLMD visit, may help you also.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=020605#000005

please see BettyG's newbie package info on the link below; click on link at bottom of my package. Check it out as time permits for you!
@ http://tinyurl.com/58eyou

sorry, link takes you to END vs. beginning, so just use UP ARROW and go to the TOP for detailed info! thanks!
please go to my newbie links, copy the entire thing, and then print this off....FINANCIAL BURDENS compiled by melanie reber
print off pages 74 - 92; outstanding info there. i believe there are a few more general comments there without links!! print that off too as it's newer info from members thru their own personal, tragic experiences.

Betty's POSTING GUIDELINES . many of us have neuro lyme where we can NOT read long solid block text and be able to comprehend and read it as is.

please edit your post by CLICKING PAPER/PENCIL ICON to right of your name. that opens up BOTH subject line and body text.

now please break up your WORDY SENTENCES into one sentence paragraphs. Then hit ENTER KEY ``TWICE`` after each paragraph; we need that space for comprehension.

NOTE: you do NOT have to use "", just show the name of person you are responding to, and then type your comment.

IF you need to use "", PLEASE DELETE "BOLD" CODES so it's regular type text we read vs. the DARK, HARSH/PAINFUL BOLDING. delete the first 4 characters of 2ND LINE of a ""

[QB] just delete these 4 characters, and BOLDING is GONE! my eyes will really appreciate that; it's one very bad side effect of my having lyme for 38.5 years!! xox

then go to left hand corner and mark box to receive ALL REPLIES, and click EDIT SEND

we thank you for helping us; [Wink] otherwise, we will SOB, SCROLL ON BY, since we can't read to help you. If I see posts like this, I SOB them; to hard on me.
------------------------------------------------------

People seeking doctors might be able to get help from their state online information and support group. Nearly 3,400 people belong to state groups. Some of the groups are small but more than 20 of them have 50 or more people and seven have over 100.

To find your state group, go to
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/statenamelyme

Type your state name and lyme as one word, like this -
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/newyorklyme

South Carolina is the only state that needs a hyphen between the statename
and lyme, e.g. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/southcarolina-lyme

The groups are moderated and you have to apply. Most don't allow doctor names, but once on the group, you can ask for doctors in a certain area and ask people to email you privately.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement