LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS - I HATE THIS DISEASE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS - I HATE THIS DISEASE
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for venus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate this disease. I can't take it anymore. I am sick and tired of being sick. I changed protocols 2 1/2 weeks ago and I think I am herxing beyond belief.

I have too much anxiety and dark thoughts. I haven't had this since starting treatment 5 months ago. I think horrible things about ending it due to I guess bart.

I know the only way to getting better is through, but this seems too hard.

I am supposed to pulse Flagyl next week - nothing else, but Flagyl and I am scared. Everyone says it is rough.

These past couple weeks have been ridiculously hard. My fiance will be away next week when I do the Flagyl. I am scared.

I can't take any more anxiety or suicidal thoughts do to this disease.

Thanks for listening.

Kathy

--------------------
Severe neurological problems. Probably sick for years. Became chronically sick in Aug 2007. Undiagnosed for another 15 months. Started treatment for lyme and bart Sept. 2008. Improving, but very slowly.

Posts: 515 | From washington dc | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy,

Flagyl wasn't hard for me. I felt lousy for a few days at the beginning and just laid around (mild herx) and then nothing for the rest of the 2 months I took it.

You never know, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for venus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I really truly hope so. My LLMD thinks that bart is more my problem. We are hitting that hard right now. I haven't been on any cyst busters yet. I tried plaquenil, but had a bad reaction - muscle weakness. Couldn't tell if it was side effect or herx.

Fingers crossed.

KMM

--------------------
Severe neurological problems. Probably sick for years. Became chronically sick in Aug 2007. Undiagnosed for another 15 months. Started treatment for lyme and bart Sept. 2008. Improving, but very slowly.

Posts: 515 | From washington dc | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does your LLMD allow you to back off the meds a bit when the going gets too rough? It will help your sanity!!

Worked for me!

Bart sounds like a big player for you with all the anxiety. I hope you can get it taken care of soon.

Flagyl can be rough, so begin with SMALL dosages.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimberlyhughes
Member # 5311

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberlyhughes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this will help but I wanted to at least try because I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I took Flagyl for 9 months. I had NO problems with it. Didn't even know I was taking it.

I'll pray your experience is the same.

Kim

Posts: 45 | From Crestview, Fl U.S | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Thanks, Lymetoo. I am on a pulsing protocol after being on a daily protocol. It seems to be tougher. Next week M, W, F Flagyl and just Flagyl.

Kim - Fingers crossed maybe I will be like you and TF have little or no problems.

Flagyl treats lyme I think and not bart. Maybe a break from the bart meds will help some.

Thanks all for the support

--------------------

sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flagyl was no problem for me. It was actually the easiest for me so far.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flagyl was a breeze for me too, BUT you never know how you're going to react to any med. Is it possible you could wait until your Fiance comes back in town before starting Flagyl?

That's what I would do, just in case. That way if you do have a strong reaction you have someone to help you get thru it.

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best luck w/flagyl!~ wasn't for me; either 4th or 5th day had the worst herx, and it occurred right here online! won't go into my long story, but it was my online lifenet friends who came to my rescue sending out the search parties, and someone calling local police to come and check on my physical condition! xox
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jagb09
Member # 14713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jagb09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone that you could stay with or could stay with you while your fiance is away?

Why does it seem like a majority of us are having a really bad time RIGHT NOW!

It's like the phenomenon where women who spend a lot of time together start to menstruate at the same time!

Well, please, come on here or lymechat at any time if you feel dark thoughts coming on.

Posts: 59 | From stratford, CT | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe put off starting flagyl until someone can be with you.

Start small. I took one 250mg once a day, one day a week in the beginning.

I did fine on it once past the initial "headache" from heck stage.

I still take one 750mg flagyl a week to prevent c.diff.

Hang in there. Keep us posted.

Never be too strong to back off or wait

Until you have someone there with you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Thanks for all the replies. My fiance's trip was canceled, so tomorrow I will start the flagyl. Here's to hoping its okay.

--------------------

TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great news. Let us know how it goes.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why does it seem like a majority of us are having a really bad time RIGHT NOW!"

Last year, I was having pain in my chest. Felt like an elephant was sitting on it. Went to our LLMD and he did all kinds of tests...heart, oxygen fine.

He said Jan-Mar is the worst time for his chronically ill patients because their vitamin D is low.

So, this year, I started supplementing in October. Jan-February has been much better!
Got pneumonia, but kicked it much quicker than usual. Otherwise, no elephant on my chest.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kelmo - I agree Jan-Mar is toughest time. Most elderly pass away during these months - I would add April also. Always thought was due to the cold weather and slower pace of things.
venus - good luck. I hope you have an easy time of it and kill off a lot of BB!
-p

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
venus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16991

Well, I took the first 500mg dose today, and I feel weird. I am calmer than I was before on the other abx, but I feel spacey, lightheaded, and drugged.

I am wondering if I should not take the other pill tonight. Then on wednesday when I am supposed to take it again, I will take 250 in the AM to start.

My doctor likes us to push through herxes, but I think my body has had a bit too much lately.

You all seem to be in favor of going up slowly.

Kathy

--------------------

Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kathy,

I hope you are doing ok.

I am having a hard time right now too. Not because of medicine, but just the general feeling like crap!!

I actually prefer to be alone when herxing. That way I can just lay around and be miserable by myself.

My husband and daughter worry, and that makes me have to try to re-assure them that I am ok, even when I know I am not!

Good luck, and with the medicine, you know you best. If you are feeling like ending it all, I would definitely say......slow down!! Do as much as you can, when you can, and when you feel like that, back off.

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement