LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Getting organized

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting organized
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being sick does not help us keep our houses organized and clean.
Does anyone know of a website which helps with this?
I have tried FlyLady but was looking for other sites.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dorothy,

oprah's site has something on there about it; i got something in my email just in last 1-2 weeks; perhaps they were having a show; can't remember.

if no one else replies; google; there are some good sites as friends have mentioned them over the years but it goes in one ear and OUT the other..

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flylady is a genius, but her site is WAY too confusing and overwhelming.

I had really good luck with Speed Cleaning (the book). Seems like a lot to digest, but once you get the fundamentals down it's much easier.

I also threw out all of my stuff. That helps.

Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sick,
do as MOST of us here do,,,let it accumulate,,,its another form of life savings!!!like--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackcat
Member # 9881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a method where i only dump stuff in one room. if i am too tired to put things away i at least carry them into this one room.

this room of course is a disaster but at least the rest of the house is clutter-free. one day when i dont feel overwhelmed i will try to tackle that room.

Posts: 45 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

when growing up, mom always taught me this one lesson:

spend 10 minutes before going to bed picking up things, and you are able to stay on top of things much better.

and you know it works quite well!! now my mending pile is starting to pile up again, but i won't let it get like before .... 6 hrs. of mending; 2 hrs. day/MAX...wiped out my eyes.

jt345
Unregistered

Hi

After We moved into town ,I had visions of me doing dishes everyday,pickin up the house. Now that I look back on it ,it was like I had a father know's best kind of dream.

You know always a very organized house,being at the frount door with a big smile and supper on the table when My wife came home from work.(nice dream?)

But,I have made some financial changes,We now have one checking account in my Wifes name,I use a cash card. Nan needs too reistablish Her own credit rating. I have Her handle the money,that is good for Her. I don't mean too sound like I have given up. I havn't ,just being realistic.

But I do need too do a better job as a house husband. Iam kind of the Earnst T Bass,when it comes too keeping up with the house cleaning. But I wash a mean load of laundry. LOL

appleseed

bettyg
Unregistered

appleseed, my dear hubby used to do the bookwork, etc. here since my job for 14 yrs. was paying bills DAILY and exhaustive paperwork for the state. so it was a pleasant relief.

now due to his extreme rolling hand tremors, his writing is completely illegible since he can't stay still long enough like michael j. fox. so i do the paperwork,

now doing it daily or i've so far behind and something may NOT get added that is a tax deduction.

my reading piles and 2 books plus new owner's manual of our 1st van; replaced my 17 yr. old car on my 60th bd, and i need to read that quick! i can't figure out these new-fangled things!! can't make cruise work yet.

jt345
Unregistered

Betty

I have an idea!!! How would You like too have someone help You with that cruise control?

I just happen too know someone who lives very close too You,and Maybe He needs too see what lyme looks like.

I think You know who I am talking about.It sure would be away too get some lyme info in His hands,and maybe open His eyes. PM me if You think it could work.
appleseed

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I suggest?

THINK Lyme-like when your are organizing.

For example.

I forget to take stuff with me when I go out. So by the door is a box or little table, whatever, that holds the stuff that needs to go with me when I do.

I keep shoes, a set of clothes, coat, etc in my vehicle because I forget.

I put my most used things in the home up at eye level where they are easier to reach and see.

I keep all meds out of site so I am not reminded I need to live on them every time I am in a room where they are. Less depressing that way.

I ditched all kitchen stuff not needed.... including a stove.... and use from a small supply so I never get too many dishes to wash at one time. (no dishwasher)

A LARGE kitchen pantry is very nice. I have two, so I am thrilled.

Keep in mind I am in a camper some of the time and in a home at other times... so this might sound contradictory.

I don't know if any of that will spark a thought for you... but maybe think Lyme-Like as you are following a good plan.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement