LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I Am Done,Beyond Exasperated,More than Beyond,Better Now, March !5th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Am Done,Beyond Exasperated,More than Beyond,Better Now, March !5th
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello <<<<< Lyme-r Family >>>>>,

[** March 18th edits** ]

I have tried,I really have,except for the kindness of a City Water employee we wouldn't have water today. [** City Water/Sewer/Garbage District folks made a Mistake,tho' they were being nice **]

TxC will not keep me in the loop as to our bills because he doesn't want me to worry![** Yep I love my honey ,who is however human like me **] Uhhmmm news flash, I aint sleepin' like no cherubic angel.

Found out that we've been consistantly behind on the water after May of '08. TxC's been making 'arrangements' and paying on average $20 dollars less than what we owe...

[ ** Water Utility person told me hubby was paying only $50 to $70 per month,which would be less than half ** ].

[** I was not told the truth by the Water Company financial/billing person, The reciepts I was ,finally, shown prove they were not telling the truth. Also TxC',bless him, has been making arrangements to pay at least half ,in these difficult times, and on part time wages. **] .

We owe $170 [ ** actually it had been $160 ,and half had been paid **] on the water bill [uh there's just the two of us and the dogs].

Part of it is the thieving neighbors,so now we have to get a lock,and lock the yard irrigation.

[** My guess is that at least a third of our bill was due to the theft of yard irrigation water, it is an odd set up, water pipe is behind us, behind a fence,and hard to see.**].

Part of it is this old leaky trailer in Armpit Slumville park,and the fact that we have to leave water drip at night everytime its below 20 degrees [welcome to Rocky mountain high desert].

Landlord isn't gonna do anything to stop the non insulated pipe issue,except give us a couple extra days to come up w/ rent.

I have tried talking gently w/ TxC' like : "Hon' I realize you are stressed,but please make some sort of decision."

[ ** The decision being in regard to staying in Idaho,or leaving, moving out of this trailer,of staying put thru the summer etc.**]

He has an appointment in a few weeks w/ Voc. Rehab, but we have got to get out of here soon If water gets shut down,or heating turned off,we'll have to move. And in Idaho,most of the time,you cannot move into any place else w/o catching up on the Utilities from the place you've left.

I am limited in what I am able to do, I cannot drive, and don't have monies for what little transport may be available. TxC is dragging his feet,or it seems so. [ ** My totally human hubby admits to the human foible of procrastination **].

There are all sorts of things info' wise that he has access to thru the County and his job.
[** And he has actually brought info home!!! **]

I've tried making phone calls and in *Set your clock back a century* Idaho, if it isn't the main breadwinner of the family,preferably male...they don't seem to be able to understand plain old English [not from me anyways]...
[** so I have asked him to handle the main calls ** ].

Sorry,I've just gone beyond... had it... I don't even want to think how many bills we are behind on,or how far behind.

I am trying to just breathe deeply and slowly, my chest has been tight and hurting for days, the new meds for Cholesterol issue have made life into a very long Immodium day...and now this Crap...

ANd yup,I've tried to get TxC to have a look at the financial helps ideas here,he is always busy, tired etc...and SO AM I.. Truly I love him dearly, however,I fail to see ow my stress level landing me in the Hospital is going to help...

I know,I am venting yet again... can't find any one to tell us how to get a Social worker,etc...cause' well they don't do this that and the other thing in Idaho... Yeah I'd love to get the heck outa Idaho..but it even costs money to move.

Sorry,I know I'm venting yet again... trying to calm down...and not cry my eyes out... which wont help anything...

Silverwolf growling and whimpering to myself...
[Editing in Info,as of March 18th using ** symbol]

[ 03-18-2009, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay ,now TxC' just called me, insisting that he made a payment yesterday,and has a reciept [somewhere in the car].Lawzy I hope he hasn't lost it,or paid the wrong utitlity...

So I said get the darn receipt,call them and make arrangements...this has gotta get fixed.

He's in the middle of things and will 'call them when {he} gets back to the office.'. Lawzy Cheese Whizz, I hope he can remember to do this. I don't have the reciept so it wouldn't do me any good to call w/o proof.

I am so very tired of all this pay check to pay check almost survival mess.

Just one very Discouraged Silverwolf

Okay Edit add in here: Talked to TxC' again, he called and talked to the folk who actually took the payment. Calls are going back and forth... thank goodness for receipts.

Supposedly 'everything is all right now... shouldn't have happened and so on. But, I am not all right, this has happened before,more than once. I am still shaking...

Disturbed Sliverewolfly

[ 03-18-2009, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
((((silverwolf))))

I am sorry things are so rough for you. I know trying to find help for certain things can be challenging... end up calling around in circles.

I hope somehow you find the help you need. [group hug]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Azure Wish >>>>>,

Thank you for the kind words and commiserations!

At least the Water Crisis is temorarily
averted, but lately it is always something.

Darlin'Hubby, forgets things, so it could very well have been an issue. We've had services disrupted before.

I am really feeling like Idaho,doesn't want to help folk. Like if you can't make it here...get out! I would if there was a way!

Thanks again... I am going to go get some Ice Cream that I prolly shouldn't have, wont solve anything, but it'll tastegood.

Love from Silverwolf

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bonnie, [group hug] [kiss]

so sorry to read of your ongoing new problems; again financial!! go ahead and vent; that's why we're here for you/others.

did you ever look thru the financial burden's info in my newbie package links i'm sure i sent a long time ago that the 2 of you were going to sit down TOGETHER and discuss; looks like nope; didn't happen.

can't wait to see you get out of there too. hang in there and keep talking; don't have a heart attack with your blood pressure continuing to rise ok.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< BettyG >>>>> , I think we lost the Financial Burdens info'. We had changed e-mails to the one you have now, not to long after I was diagnosed and came on board.

I am hoping it is still in old e-mail files as I am sure you sent it.I am techno challenged and things disappear on me,when I try to access them on Computer [Frown] . He put some things in word document bout Social Security not to long ago...but that's it.

Since he lost the sight in Rt. eye TxC' has lost interest in most things except food,and TV/movies. I am worried about him, and he is frustrated w/ the work situation.

I will keep trying to get him to 'help me' with the techno stuff. He is not himself lately, I'm figuring Stress, Un-DXed Lyme and Co. Dioxin poisoning,thyroid and other such messy stew.

The gal I talked to at Water Dept., even tho' they are the ones who erred, had a good suggestion, to keep trying to get some form of Disability,and keep in touch w/ them.

There is a Water Utitities program for those who are on Disability that can help get costs lowered.

Basically we need to get out of here tho', this is one big hole in the pocket, can't pinch pennies if there are none.

I've managed to calm down some,and even restrained myself from eating too much Ice Cream [ have to watch that closely as a Diabetic]!!!

Perhaps the training TxC took today for work will bear some fruit, w/ better and longer work hours during the week [then we could get a bit of a benefits package].

W/ the part time work...I was gonna say,well that's for the birds...not sure how well they'd survive it either. If they don't poke about for their food and get their little nests in order, pretty much daily they'd not survive.

Aw well,tomorrow is another day, hopefully it will get better.

Thanks for the tho'ts and commiseration!Please keep us in your tho'ts.

Love from Silverwolf.

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Doing better today,tho' my chset[sheesh -chest-] still hurts after all the Stresses.

Thank goodness for friends ... both for kind tho'ts when we vent,and those who remember and come forward to help!

Our Water/Sewer/Garbage reciepts are now being tacked up on a special board in the kitchen. The gal that took the payments remembered,and gave her co-workers an earful for hassling us this way, and not double checking to see if there had been a goof soemwhere!

BBL... Love from Relieved Silverwolf

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymer Family >>>>>,

I seem to be having a bit of a Costa-Chondritits /Pleurisy flare.

First one that I had was back in '95,tho' I had a muscle spasm in my chest in like 7th grade,that I think was prolly part of this 'Costly conundrum' that I now know is Lyme and Co.

Just need to jabber and mumble a minute ! Wolves gotta do that ya know.

******Oy Vey I've brain burped again, tho't I had started a new topic post...ah well.

I've added a new name to my string of nicknames, Chetsa Chset The Slivered Silverwolf
[obviously I cannot spell simple words like c-h-e-s-t anymore... [Smile] , and uhm my chest must be aching for its own name... ].

BBL from Silverwolf

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how very stresssful living from paycheck to paycheck is.

There were times when I emptied our change jar and had

To decide whether to buy diapers or baby food.

Somehow....I managed...barely.

I think life is like that.

I've been poor....very poor.

I've had lots of money (prior to children).

I now have a beautiful house,

But didn't for almost 3 years after Katrina.

My husband, children, myself and 7 dogs lived in

Two bedrooms and a hallway.

That is all we could salvage from our old house the tornado took a liking to.

We all slept in the same room. The hallway was my kitchen.

The other bedroom for the computer and TV.

Dogs everywhere. Dirt everywhere.

Only had a door that seperated us from the black mold disaster

That used to be our house.

The lessons I've learned are many.

I know that even that terrible way of living

Still included a roof over our heads

For which I am grateful.

My husband isn't treating now and appears to have similar

Issues to yours....except mine is now focused on "racing".

Oh joy.

Ask God to give you a way out of there.

It will happen.

It took 16 months for us to win our suit to get our building permit.

But we got it. God's time not mine.

I want you to know that I feel your frustration.

I am praying for you and your husband to move on to better things.

Take a calming breath and know that you are being prayed for.

Continue to vent as needed.

It beats going to the hospital any ol' day.

Hang in there.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Geneal >>>>>,Thank You hon' for the uplifting words and the prayers !!!

I know the black mold issue is really horrible.
TXC's Aunt who helped raise him,used to live on Lavender Street,in New Orleans.

Katrina ruined her home, mold, toxic chemical soup and all.

She is in a nice retirement home close to TxC's brother in Alabama now.

It sounds like y'all finally have a wonderful place to live again. I miss Louisiana sometimes.

We lived there for almost 7 years after we got married [Nov. '78].We were down in Buras Triumph area, where Katrina landed,but we've not been back in many years.

Thinking of mold, there is gross stuff in our kitchen cupboards where it is slowly leaking and oozing thru the ceiling in this ol' beat up trailer home.

We hope to check back this week about a different newer and safer place.And as you said, a roof over ones head is better than nothing... if we cannot get out for awhile I may get some safety glasses and paint the cupboard ceiling w/ bleach [if the balance issues w/ my ears and all lets me].

Thanks again for the kind words,it is good to know that friends are praying!

Love from ChetsaNut Silverwolf [who still can't spell [Smile] !

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bonny,

i will copy the FINANCIAL BURDEN PAGES and email to your home address for you to PRINT OUT ok.

best wishes; glad you talked to city about your problem. [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< bettyg >>>>>,

Thank You so much, I'll look for that info then,in my e-mails!!! Thanks for the hugs too!!!

TxC remembers copying something to word documents so we could check later,but I don't know what has happened to it all,and if that was in it too!

Tomorrow is 'our day off',such as it is, so maybe after errands,grocery pick up and such we can look at some of the info'!!!

Love Silverwolf!!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get out!

I worked in Plaquemines Parish for 6 years for the School Board.

First school I ever had was Buras High School (which also included elementary).

I haven't been down there since Katrina either.

Still go to Becnel's when I get the chance to get some creole tomatoes!

Small world.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverwolf, I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but this site WILL help your marriage. You're dealing with more than just Lyme issues.

www.godsavemymarriage.com/

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< Geneal, and hshbmom >>>>>,

Thanks for the replies!!

Geneal ,I think the last time we were in Louisiana [and we saw friends in Plaquemines ], was early 1993,just to clarify. From 2001 thru 2006 we've had to go to Alabama three times for family funerals,But we didn't get to go over to Louisiana. [In '78 and 79 I subbed for just a few weeks in the grades school part- of the school at Bootheville/Venice].

Cousins and friends sent us pictures of the devastation from Katrina, and we called back and forth,and checked info on-line to find out where various family and friends were.

*****Hsbhmom, I do truly appreciate the info,in the link you posted! Right now I cannot afford to order any books,videos etc... I do believe that any and all marriages can use work and healthy council.

After 30 years of marriage, TxC and I don't intend to split up...and I have edited in info' in the initial topic here,to explain my vent better.

It was just that,a vent... I asked hubby to read it, so he would know what was up. We do try to communicate, and like many a couple how monies and bills are handled is an issue for us.

As a general rule, I don't speak negatively about my husband in public venues. I wouldn't appreciate it if he vented about my faults on-line..and yes I am human and flawed!

Most of our married life we have had to deal w/ serious injury/accidents ,serious illnesses of self and family members and more death than I care to think of!

Since 2000 alone we have dealt w/ the death of at least 10 family members, I'm sure that I've forgotten a couple at least. And most of them were under 70 years of age.

Hubby deals daily w/ the affects of Arthritis, undiagnosed Lyme and Co'/West Nile Virus, and probable Dioxin poisoning [he was exposed to Agent Orange as a Vietnam era Vet while serving overseas].

We've both had to have surgeries,14 between the two of us,since 1978. Our marriage has survived, at least 6 miscarriages before my Hyst. surgery.

We have survived false accusations by others of Adultery...and yes it was false accusation. And we have had to deal w/ the murder of a loved one early in our marriage.

And we had to deal w/ major harrassment by a large company,after my husband was injured working for them [this was in the first five years of marriage].

Sadly we have witnessed the church splits of at least five churches, because of such things as Adultery and Alcoholism of their Ministers and Staff. And worked in many troubled churches.

We were recently forced out of a church,because they didn't want to heed what the Scriptures say... we lost our home our jobs and what was left of our health.

I am not bitter at God, I do however find it difficult to trust many folks who claim his name. I try very hard to listen to the Lord my Creator and be discerning...but I am human. And I am grieving my mother who has not been dead a full year yet,among other things.

Together TxC and I are grieving the deaths of beloved family members, our loss of health, loss of jobs,loss of housing and finances.

I am not trying to be a snotty grouchy person,but sometimes a person needs to vent. If not for the Grace and Love of My Creator, I don't think I'd even be alive,nor would hubby... and soTxC and I are not about to give up on life or each other!

If the chance comes we may actually right a book about all the experiences at some point... Anyways I better go ...TxC has made breakfast for me!

Jus' the Silverwolf who needed to vent!

[ 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Silverwolf ]

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement