LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Igenex-avg time for results?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Igenex-avg time for results?
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know mine took just 2 weeks last fall, but am thinking I read it's more 3-4, is that right?

We had our son's blood drawn one week ago and I SO want to know what they say!!!

Last week his substitute teacher yelled at him, as he thought she said to trade their art toy, apparently she didn't.

His teachers say he's very quiet and polite. Last year his teacher said he just moves slow. Slow to respond to things. He's good at Math and reading.

Sometimes he just stands in front of his chair before sitting down, sometimes his teacher yells at him. It's like his brain doesn't work sometimes.

I am just feeling ripped apart inside by this. We may homeschool next year. He's afraid of his teacher (she's also pregnant for the first time, sooooo).

Think the results could be here next week??? Maybe????

I am so anxious to find out what they say. My parents don't think it's possible, Sat my mom asked if we were canceling the appointment to Dr. H if his test comes back neg.

It's so weird because even now I'm wondering if his severe insomnia and OCD when he was TWO was caused by Lyme and co. He hardly ever slept, was still breastfed at 2, rarely had sugar, no caffiene, ect.

This is just so hard with kids, I don't know how all of your do it with your babies...it just sucks!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzeq
Member # 19303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzeq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just talked to iGenX on the phone this morning and they are saying 1-2 weeks

i suppose reality could be different suzeq

Posts: 18 | From Wyoming | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, thanks so much for letting me know!! that would be fantastic if we are able to find out next week!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Ocean

--------------------

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck; i'd also talk to his teacher too!!

get paper copies of both igm and igg; have an extra set by computer to refer to alot; you will!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean,

No teacher should yell at their students for any reason. Is it possible for him to have a different teacher?

We had lots of problems with our school district until we hired an attorney.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope your son's results come sooner rather than later.

I don't have children, but I don't think it is right for his teacher to yell at him. No matter what. I'm sorry this happened. Children are the most precious gifts in the world.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Thanks all,

Yes, I was very upset the first time. My mom is a teacher and kind of brushed it off, told me not to make a big deal. Hubby and I wrote her a note saying we wanted to come in and observe the class, she said we had to talk with the principal.

Fortunately, he hasn't gotten in trouble as much since we asked for him to be moved to another table. Seems like one of the kids at his other table is a trouble maker.

But the little stuff, like he is afraid to hand in assignments to her, so he stands there and waits. Once she told him, "It's not nice to stand there and watch someone. If you have something to give to me, do it, don't stare!"

I thought, Gee WHIZ!!! Get a grip!

We will most likely be moving and will not even be at this school district. If Lyme comes back +, I am going to the teacher directly and explaining that much of his behavior is Lyme related.

I guess I felt that maybe I was over-reacting before, but I guess not. He's in first grade, and keeps saying he wants to be homeschooled, so we may end up doing that if he starts treatment and is sick a lot!

I will definitely post his results. I almost hope it is pos just because it would explain SO many odd things, symptoms, ect. And it seems that kids do so much better with treatment.

If it's neg, and he for sure doesn't have it (meaning no response to abx), I'm going to keep looking for an answer, I do think there is something going on.

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement