LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » IDSA - Who are the People on the Panel?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IDSA - Who are the People on the Panel?
Leelee
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, (or think I know) there are 12 of them.

I can only think of four names of people on the panel and I don't know if its okay to put their names in this post or not so I won't.

So... could someone please tell me where I can go to find out the names of all the people? I went to the IDSA website and unless I am missing something I can't find names.

It's just a curiosity question, but I feel so "out of the loop" when I read things about the IDSA guidelines, etc. and I am trying desperately to get up to speed as a newly clinical-diagnosed Lyme patient.

Thanks and please pardon my ignorance. I just started reading "The Baker's Dozen" which is what got me to wondering just who these "bad guys (girls?) are. Maybe the author covers this later in the book. [confused]

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 2006 IDSA guidelines can be found at:

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/pdf/10.1086/508667

The list of the panelists that will review the guidelines is here:

http://www.idsociety.org/Content.aspx?id=13310

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you shazdancer. That is exactly what I was looking for.

If you don't mind, I have another question.

Will the panel listed at the idsociety.org be the ones considering whether or not to revise the guidelines?

And, the people listed as authors at the uchicago website are the ones who wrote the 2006 guidelines?

Thanks for helping me to understand.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An easy to read list of bad boys and girls here too. Authors and the Ad-hoc Committee both.

A Critical Appraisal of "Chronic Lyme Disease"

Henry M. Feder, Jr., M.D.,

Barbara J.B. Johnson, Ph.D.,

Susan O'Connell, M.D.,

Eugene D. Shapiro, M.D.,

Allen C. Steere, M.D.,

Gary P. Wormser, M.D.,

and the Ad Hoc International Lyme Disease Group

The following members of the Ad Hoc International Lyme Disease Group were also authors:

Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation, La Crosse, WI -- W.A. Agger;

National Microbiology Laboratory, Health Canada, Winnipeg, MB, Canada -- H. Artsob;

Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore -- P. Auwaerter, J.S. Dumler;

St. Luke's Hospital, Duluth, MN -- J.S. Bakken;

Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT -- L.K. Bockenstedt, J. Green;

New York Medical College, Valhalla -- R.J. Dattwyler, J. Munoz, R.B. Nadelman, I. Schwartz;

Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT -- T. Draper;

Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Crofton, MD -- E. McSweegan;

Atlantic Neuroscience Institute, Summit, NJ, and the New York University School of Medicine, New York -- J.J. Halperin;

Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston -- M.S. Klempner;

University of Connecticut School of Medicine and Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Farmington -- P.J. Krause;

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO -- P. Mead; University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada -- M. Morshed;

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway -- R. Porwancher;

University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington -- J.D. Radolf; Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME -- R.P. Smith, Jr.;

Schneider Children's Hospital at North Shore, Manhasset, NY -- S. Sood;

Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC -- A. Weinstein;

Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany -- S.J. Wong;

and Connecticut Children's Medical Center, University of Connecticut, Hartford -- L. Zemel.

To see article-

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/14/1422

These people have caused so much destruction in the lives of so many.

I honestly can't think of ONE nice word to say about any of them.

So I will shut up for now.

[cussing] [Mad] [cussing] [Mad]

[rant]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You asked.. "Will the panel listed at the idsociety.org be the ones considering whether or not to revise the guidelines?"

Yes. Sort of. They seem to be getting the boot here and there... for past bad deeds... so it may be a smaller list than what you see now.

Hard to find a non-corrupt idiot in the bunch of ID ducks to choose from.

But that is MY opinion...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Thank you Tincup for enlightening me.

I knew the IDSA was bad, but since I'm new to Lyme I'm trying to figure out not only myself but also comprehend the ins and outs of these wretched people who I blame for keeping me sick for so long.

I follow your posts and threads and am grateful for all that you do here on Lymenet.

--------------------

johnnylight
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnylight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about all these patients that the IDSA owns on Lyme? they control everything like they are Lyme Gods. it's really disgusting but because we are a capitalist country they are a bunch of crooks and thieves. this is one time we need them to be taking down for what they really are by our government, because people are suffering.
Posts: 128 | From web | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leelee, you have it exactly right. The panel will decide whether or not to keep the 2006 IDSA guidelines as they are, revise them, or toss them altogether.

The panel will look over written testimony (the deadline for that is this month), and will invite people to present at a public hearing sometime later this year.

Hope that helps you.

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

And so you know...

Tincup's additional list is from a 2007 article written after the CT Attorney General had begun his investigation. The guidelines authors made a concerted effort to be everywhere with their spin in favor of their guidelines. The authors and their friends wrote this article, "A Critical Appraisal of Chronic Lyme Disease," which can be found at:

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/14/1422

TC, if you want to get angry all over again, click on the Supplement link to the article.

-- Shaz

LLYME
Member # 18687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LLYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone sent a copy of Cure Unknown to all the panelist and a copy of under our skin.

Just a thought.

Posts: 92 | From Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

shazdancer, that's a huge help! Thanks!

LLYME, I don't know if the panelists were sent copies of the book or UOS, but in another thread started by bettyg (I think) PJ Langhoff sent each of them a copy of her book "The Baker's Dozen".

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lee, that is right; pj sent her baker's dozen, entire book is about IDSA and has refuted things galore they said with over 1,000 links of accurtate info plus 7-10 page letter citing many of those links.

that's when they extended the deadline vs. april 3 ...

i have pam's book but only have read 10-20 pages tops since i celebrated every day last week, and i need to read my new van OWNER'S manual as my car was 17 yrs. old, and i can't figure out all these WHATAMACALLITS? [dizzy] [Eek!]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement