LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme is hitting me from every direction!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme is hitting me from every direction!
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everywhere I go lately, every show I watch...exagerating but just yesterday alone for example I was eating lunch at the hospital. I work there Mondays and Fri. with a girl with special needs and guy came and sat near us and we got to talking and one thing led to another and he started talking about ticks coming out soon and how he got Lyme disease last summer!

He was treated with two weeks of antibiotics and is now tired all the time, has bad headaches feels foggy and somedays can't work. Needless to say I gave him my dr's card right away and directed him to this site and told him two weeks just simply isn't enough!

Then last night I was watching the show intervention, like I do every Monday night. I missed the very beginning but it was a girl in her early 20's that was in alot of pain and had a hard time walking and in turn has become addicted to prescription pain pills.

At the end they mentioned Lyme disease which of course I was thinking all along because of her symptoms (pain, arthritis, knee problems) They did mention the Lyme at the end but also said she had RA. I am of course going to try and write in and possibly write to her and I am praying the didn't give her steroids, poor thing.

Has this happened to you guys? Also, I noticed at the hospital that they have these little brochure slots at the hospital so when my brochures come in from the LDA that I ordered I am going to place them in those things around the hospital.

P.S. I watch that short trailer of "under our skin" everyday to remind me of how much needs to change and how badly people are suffering so I know to keep going and not give up on educating others about this very serious disease. I also make sure to empathzise how serious it is.

Take Care,
Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ugagal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugagal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann,

I also watched the story about Brooke on Intervention last night. My heart really hurt for her and all she has suffered. They mentioned in the beginning of the show that when she was 18 she developed a rash and a fever followed a few months later by arthritis....sounded like Lyme to me also. They went on to say that she actually had positive Lyme tests but that she was never adequately treated.

--------------------
My comments on this site are not intended to be taken as medical advice as I'm not a physician.

Posts: 206 | From Georgia | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know how to email Brooke?

My daughter watched that show last night too, and told me about it this morning.

I also find that everywhere I go, I hear about someone whom I think sounds suspicious for lyme.

Since I live in tick-infested PA, I think thousands here are undiagnosed....just like in alot of other places.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lakes...

Yes.. it is all over the place.

When you get the brochures.. be careful putting them out.

They often don't like it.. and will remove them.

Might want to try a few here and there and see how it goes... so they don't go in the trash.

And if you ask in advance...

They will usually say no.

So I don't ask. Saves us all a lot of time and frustration.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThatColorGreen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThatColorGreen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i went around my neighborhood, randomly putting the lyme booklets from LDASEPA in peoples mail boxes. hahaha.

I thought "Hmm.. i think this house needs a booklet, etc"

I also put a few booklets and turn the corner pamphlets in the waiting room of my boyfriend's GI doc.

..Stuff like that.
As was said above, just do little things, sporadically so people will see them, but not to the point where they will think "OH NO, These Need To Go"

i like the idea [Smile]
Good luck

~The Green One~

--------------------
...trying to be the coffee bean, not the egg.

Posts: 420 | From East Coast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we must be sneakly...and I'm a sneaky little devil...LOL My friend who has lyme runs a medical practice. So when I see her next, I will be giving her brochures for the office, the "under our skin" dvd and the ABC's of lyme for her son's school and some green ribbon for her car and tree's! I love this we should always bring them to Dr.'s appt's to funny. I have an appt soon at a neuro (just to apease my pcp) and I will bring some then to my pcp's. Did you have to pay for the turn the corner brochures?

Thanks,
Ann

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement