LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » ISDA question?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ISDA question?
mark kennedy
Member # 17426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark kennedy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with Lyme in Nov 08. Since then I have learned quickly how bad the medical world treats this disease with lack of concern and turning a blind eye.

My doc as many as yours have flat out told me I didnt have lyme because lyme doesnt exist where I live, my elisa and wb from their labs didnt meet cdc stardards, all in my head, etc.

What I am confused about is that lyme is a worldwide disease. In fact Ingenix thinks I got it while camping in europe based on the strain I got.

I read a lot about the ISDA and conflicts of interest and understand why things are the way they are in the US.

But the ISDA is just a panel for the US correct? Why hasn't the real truth about this disease come from other countries and their medical communities?

Just something that I have been wondering about. Any insight?

Posts: 27 | From Boulder, CO | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm. The bigger picture of a hidden agenda??!!!

Can you imagine what damage to our health care system

The diagnosis of "chronic Lyme" could be?

Probably bankrupt our health care system.

Since so many countries follow the US as a leader in so many things,

It isn't any real suprise that no one country is out there

Researching/publishing and working on the truth of the disease.

Including most of our country.

Just my humble two cents though.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, first you need to find out the true status of this disease in your area. To get an idea about the existance of Lyme disease in your area, take these steps:

1. call the epidemiology department of your state public health department

2. ask them to send you the complete set of Lyme case counts from all the counties in your state. Lyme case counts were started around 1986 in some states.

3. plot this information into a spreadsheet or chart

4. what counties have two or more cases?

Lyme is considered endemic in a county by the CDC if TWO cases of Lyme disease have been contracted in that county. Yes, you're reading that correctly...2....TWO cases make a county endemic for Lyme disease.

That just means the disease exists there, without saying there is a high or low incidence of the disease.

Also, have you seen the two incidence maps by the CDC? There is one for the presence of Lyme disease, and one for the presence of Ixodes species known as "deer ticks"...I scapularis or I pacificus. Be sure to look at cumulative maps, not just a map for one year.

You may be very surprised at what you find. I was!

When you've compiled this information please contact Melanie Reber at the Lyme Memorial website so she can post this vital information on your state's information page.

Remember, the CDC says Lyme is under-reported by approximately 10%...that means there are likely 10 times more actual cases than the official numbers.

CDC's Incidence map of Ixodes s. and p. 1907-1996
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/images/tickmap_lg.gif
This map has not been updated for over 10 years!
Does anyone have an updated map?

CDC's Incidence map of Lyme disease @ LDA website 1990-2007
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Maps/index.html#

CDC's Total Lyme Cases in the US 1990 - 2007
Annual state Lyme case counts
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/Maps/pdf/data_1990to2007detail.pdf

View a link to your state's Lyme information at the National Lyme Disease Memorial Park Project:
http://www.lymememorial.org/State_Statistics.htm

Colorado information:
http://www.lymememorial.org/State_Stats/State_Statistics_Colorado.htm

[ 04-03-2009, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: hshbmom ]

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lyme
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've read most other nations, like Canada and England just accept the IDSA's word for it.

It is truly strange. Maybe there is something to the bankrupting the system argument.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnylight
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnylight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah i agree that the ignorance to Lyme is far and wide. Nobody wants to spend the time to finding out whats really going on. It's all about time and Money and docs have bills to pay and they don't care about anything else. they are worried about their licenses and the big bullies can shut them down if they step out of line. (big conspiracy?)
Posts: 128 | From web | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also, canada and europe turns to USA CDC for guidance since we are way ahead of what they have to offer in those countries...

hshbmom, BRILLIANT! get the info, do the research and then give to melanie to post on her memorial web site!! xox

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement