LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My rant from another post.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My rant from another post.
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree if they had proven conclusively and beyond a shadow of a doubt that Chronic Lyme doesn't exist, antibiotics don't work, and that these doctors were actually harming their patients for their gain that they should be stopped, but that isn't so. Their side has not demonstrated this beyond the argument of I am right and you are wrong while studies do show Lyme persists.

Maybe if they let the LLMD's do their thing and let patients decide their own healthcare I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in now.

I had one of the best LLMD's on the planet a few miles away, but he doesn't practice anymore due to the atmosphere.

There is no one I know of on Long Island treating this aggressively, while there used to be quite a few.

I have to Drive hours upstate to an LLMD I can afford without bankrupting my family. One who takes insurance and doesn't treat as aggressively as I would like to but seems like my only option. Even if you can afford to see an aggressive doctor you will have to wait sometimes months, all the while letting the disease entrench itself.

If information wasn't restricted maybe it wouldn't have taken me months to figure out what the deal was and I wouldn't have wasted my time with mainstream medicine.

If the insurer's didn't block treatment and go after these doctors maybe my options would have been made aware to me from the outset and I could have gotten the treatment I wanted.

I got incredibly ill and got the rash and was told I was "lucky". After three weeks of medication the illness subsided but I still was feeling unwell and they asked me if I was neurotic.

A couple of weeks later after being told to IGNORE the symptoms the joint pain started.

I went to an ID, he said it was possible one treatment could fail. I wanted intravenous, he put me on amoxicillin.

I got sicker. I went to a Lyme doctor on Long Island and had 3/4 of the symptoms on the symptom list, I said I wanted Intravenous, he gave me 100mg of doxy twice a day. I got worse.
If he could treat like I know he would like to treat maybe I wouldn't be here, which might be a relief for you =)

My uncles doctor finally took pity on me and put me in the hospital for intravenous and then homecare. My joint pain subsided and a few symptoms went away. That month of IV has been the only thing that put a dent in this.

I wonder how many of these people are decaying or just living in purgatory just because doctors, even Lyme doctors fear to treat like Burrascano.

Oh well I'm in the boat with the rest of you, please excuse my ranting =)

Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just cathartic to rant sometimes.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tpap1006
Member # 19634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tpap1006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,
This is a good place to vent because we understand and agree. I think my family and

friends get sick of hearing about lyme. They act like they are listening, but I feel like they

really don't understand. Almost like they dutifully ask how I am, but . . .really don't

want the details. I know they care, but really can't possibly understand. Maybe they also feel helpless and it just makes them feel bad.?

Anyway, it does help to have a place to rant without people thinking you are being dramatic.

Trace

Posts: 65 | From massachussettes | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

So ture, so true.
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had a rash or saw a tick on me.

That being said, I've been on oral antibiotics for 31 months now.

Treating Lyme, babesia and bartonella.

Yet....I can't pinpoint when I was bit, where or how long ago.

Long enough that both of my children have congenital Lyme.

Ranting is good. Therapeutic even.

I get mad, then I get active.

We have a local support group.

I have 11/12 people in less than a half mile area with Lyme.

So support is right next door some days.

However, this is where I can most be myself.

Sick days and good days.

No one judges. Everyone can identify with your feelings.

They have all walked a few miles in your shoes.

I guess I am lucky we even have a LLMD in Louisiana.

I still drive 3.5 hours each way to see him.

Yet, I feel so blessed he is here.

Hang in there. Better days will come.

In the meantime, come here and rant away.

We understand....completely.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jt345
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John

I agree with You 100%. We should be able too make informed decisions when it comes to Our health(anything else for as far as that goes,)as long as We do no harm to others for our actions.

We pay insursnce for service not as babysitters.

appleseed

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement