LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Please Pray, ins&med probs, UPDATE 6/22/09

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Pray, ins&med probs, UPDATE 6/22/09
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will you all please pray for me?

I've had my PICC line for about 2mo now. On IV Rocephin. Was told that my ins did not require precertification for IV antibiotics.

The infusion company contacted me today. My ins company has not paid for anything yet. They have not sent me any EOBs, requests for more information, or denial letters yet. They are in the process of reviewing the request for payment.

Please please pray that they (Anthem BC/BS) will cover the Rocephin that I have received and continue to cover the treatments that my doctor recommends in the future.

I have just recently started to notice some improvements especially with my neuropathy symptoms. It is giving me hope.

I am single, barely (by the grace of God) working part time to try to cover my medical expenses. Even still I come up short each month. I cannot afford to pay for Rocephin out of pocket (and I don't have any wealthy or generous relative to help).

Please pray that God will continue to provide for me and that His will will be done in this situation.

Thank you all so much for your love and support:) You all are the only ones that understand. Thank you for caring and thank you for praying.

[ 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: sammy ]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Sammy...

I am sooooo sorry you are going through this....

I will pray!
to have to worry about insurance [Frown] [shake] [toilet]

hope things get a bit better...
[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prayers sent (((((sammy)))))
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto!!

Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sammy:

Please pray that God will continue to provide for me and that His will will be done in this situation.

Done! I'll pray everytime I see your thread here, OK!?

I'll bet everything will work out!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sammy, sending you my prayers your insurance co. will pay without giving you a hard time. [group hug] [kiss]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you have someone to help you with appeals, should they renege on you. Anthem does not have a good record on IV for lyme. It sometimes happens that they refuse to pay after a patient has run up big bills. The fact that preauthorization was not necessary does not mean they still can't use the old excuse of "not medically necessary."

There are cheaper ways to do infusion than your local infusion company, which is going to be charging top dollar.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for your kind words of advice and prayers. I cannot even tell you how much of a comfort you have provided me. It is good to know that i'm not alone in this.

Still no word from the either the infusion company or Anthem. I'm taking this as good news, there is still hope.

I just have to keep reminding myself not to worry. I've already given this up to God and I do not need to take it back!

Thanks again:) You all are true friends.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

sammy, that's what friends are for and especially on this SUPPORT forum! [group hug] [kiss]
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're in my thoughts and prayers Sammy!

I know when I start to worry about things I always tell myself that things will work out the way that God wants them to and for my own good.

Sometimes we don't see things working out for our own good but in the long run they usually do.

Hang in there!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still praying, sammy!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying that God will guide everyone to work this out, so you will not be burdened.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy~

Praying too for Gods special grace and that He will fight for you and show Himself mighty on your behalf.

I too am on Rocephin and have Anthem insurance.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for you dear sammy.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope it works out for you Sammy. I almost fell into that trap when my ID doc Rxed IV meds. Fortunately, I worked in the medical benefits area and pushed hard to make BCBS tell me they truly don't issue pre-certs for IV meds. I knew they'd burn me in the end. That's BS on the side of the infusion company. A lot just want to make a $$$. They know better.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and prayers. I've been wanting to give you an update but until today i've had no new information to share.

I just received 8, yes 8, identical letters from Anthem today informing me that they have requested information from my doctor and will begin processing my claims after the information has been reviewed.

So if you will, please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much!

Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammy, I am keeping you at the top of my prayer list. Remember, your never alone as long as all of us are here thinking positive thoughts for you.

Keep your eye on God while the storms of insurance and illness swell under your boat.

When things go really bad for me and I freak out, (daily), I remember to keep my focus on God's eyes. He will bring you to where you need to be and give you what you need.

Doesn't insurance SUCK. Mabye that's why Jesus perfromed miracles when he walked the earth. His insurance company wouldn't pay for treatment!!!!

I'm a dork

[Smile]

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

sammy, thanks for update. 8 IDENTICAL LETTERS; what a waste of trees per patient!!

also go to thought for a day, i put a wonderful thing on there a little while ago; meaningful words and great soft music! [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

sammy
Member # 13952

Update 5/20/09

I talked with Anthem today. They still have not received any of the information (H & P, medical diagnosis, hx of persistent- huge list- of symptoms after 1mo oral treatent, etc...) that they requested. They faxed the letter of request on 5/12/09.

I explained my situation to the representative and was told that it would about 7days to process the information after it was received. She was very nice but could not help me one bit.

So I called an left a message on my LLMD's nurse line to make sure that they received the request, asking that they please submit the information asap, and asking guidance on what to do in the mean time.

Backtracking a little bit, the infusion company contacted me yesterday. Since Anthem has not paid for my first 2mo worth of treatment, they are going to hold my medication until it is approved and paid for.

So, as of today, it looks like I will not be receiving any PICC supplies or Rocephin for this week.

The "care coordinator" from the infusion company also called Anthem and my LLMD's office yesterday to try to expedite things but it doesn't sound like she got anywhere.

So if you would please be so kind to continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I would greatly appreciate it:)

I would just hate to have to stop treatment now because I feel like i'm actually making progress on the IV Rocephin. You all are the only ones that understand.

Thanks again

bettyg
Unregistered

sammy,

what a bunch of jerks! i'd like to spank their behinds .... [tsk]

sammy
Member # 13952

Another UPDATE 5/20/09

So I had to go to work at 1pm but the saga continued. After the phone calls were placed at home, I started to get called back while at work (big no no, my work doesn't like private calls). Thankfully my coworkers were kind enough to cover for me even with our insanely crazy schedule today.

I found out that my LLMD did not receive the letter from Anthem requesting information. So I had to make more calls and get that taken care of.

Infusion company was not willing to work with me so LLMD had to call in an RX to another pharmacy (Infuserve). My doctor did not want me to take any time off while getting this settled so I will have to pay cash for at least this weeks worth of Rocephin.

The last person at Anthem was not very friendly at all, I asked if there was any way to expedite the process to get the claims approved. She said "no, they have at least 30days to process the claim".

So, in the end I will be continuing my Rocephin treatments this week. But will have to pay out of pocket for it:( And Anthem continues to drag their feet. Hopefully my LLMD will get the info requested in soon so that they can process it ASAP.

Bettyg and Zebco, thank you for the laugh. I really needed it today:)

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH man. You need lots of prayer still! That stuff is SOOOO expensive!!!

hang in there!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

sammy, i'd ask to talk to the supr.; they turn you down; ask for their SUPRS. NAME/PHONE NO./EMAIL and keep going up the rank and file.

i talked to 1 of bcbs many VP of it's des moines, iowa HQ once. "how did you get this number and my name"!

actually called for another one who gave me his personal card at a community meeting discussing issues.

"anytime you have a problem, call me"!! so i did but he was gone, so they referred me to ANOTHER VP.

she didn't get any quicker action and FOLLOW-THRU than i had! [toilet] [tsk]

sammy
Member # 13952

Update:6/22/09

After getting my HR department at work involved, I finally found out that Anthem has uploaded my information to the claims department today. (It's only taken over a month to get this done!)

Now the auditor will have 7-10 days to make a decision as to whether they will pay or not.

Dear friends, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers this week. This issue is weighing heavily on my shoulders. Please pray that God will continue to provide.

Thank you all and God bless!

bettyg
Unregistered

sammy, you're in my prayers, and thanks for the update! [Smile] xoxox
Gerifrog
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerifrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_
Prayers said.

Fingers & toes crossed too!

Geri
-

Posts: 151 | From Kingston NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto,

Please let us know how it goes, this has to be so stressful for you.

As a side note, are the IV meds helping you???

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are in my prayers! No one should have to worry about this kind of stuff when they are ill.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Thank you Betty, Geri, Ocean, and Sutherngrl!

I've made the most progress with this combination of meds and IV Rocephin. The biggest improvements have come over this past month/month and a half.

Even my coworkers have noticed a difference lately. This is huge because some of them didn't really know that I was so sick. I've even had one of the doctors approach me and tell me that he is relieved that i'm getting help because he said that he was really worried about me for awhile!

I still have a long way to go, this improvement has renewed in me hope that one day I will be well again. I'd really like to continue with the IV Rocephin treatments to see how far I can go.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support. [Smile]

bettyg
Unregistered

great update today~!~ your co-workers & drs. noticing a great change in you!! what an upper [Smile] xox

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement