LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Need a good Lawyer Massachusetts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need a good Lawyer Massachusetts
DeafFromLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeafFromLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may not be an apropriate place to post this so if the mods tell me to remove/move it I will.

But I was wondering if anyone new of a good lawyer in Mass that can handle divorce/bankruptcy? The issue is I hav no money to pay for one, and I am too sick to research enough.

I'm scared of what my future will hold after this and I need to be sur I get what I need for me and my kids to survive. Due to mostly my son's health I only work part time so I am already in trouble in that aspect.

Plus ALLLLLL the credit stuff we have is in my name only. Cars, house, credit cards everything! Its obvious I have to file bankruptcy, but I don't know what will happen with the house etc....

I have worked my whole life to have perfect credit and it still is, but I am WAY over extended and can't pay it alone. This kills me to have to do. I feel like bankruptcy is the easy way out and thats not my style, but I have no other choice.

I feel I should pay for my bills and not just "make them go away" Its shameful for me. I was so independent before I met my husband and I could pay my own bills and do what I needed to. He has taken that from me and now I am left in the dust with all the debt.

I know I am not the only one struggling in this world, but I just never thought I'd be here. I am very sad, angry, depressed the list goes on and on. I can barely function because my nerves are on overdrive!

I'm sorry to drop this here I just don't have anyone else to talk to and I think you guys won't judge me.

--------------------
Erika

IgM Band 23 +

www.24weekperfectbaby.blogspot.com

Son's blog born at 24 weeks.

Posts: 356 | From massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe one of those domestic violence woman's groups will have lots of numbers.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you a PM.
Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CathyMary
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CathyMary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was pretty broke when I got divorce so I became my own lawyer. I got divorce in six months.

I also filed for bankruptcy once(I did not lose my house, it depends on how much equity vs debt you have, new laws are tougher).

Neither issue does legal assistance (free lawyer) help with and both cost a lot to do.

But you can file a homestead to protect yourself

from losing your home. This cost about $30.00

(Bankruptcy lawyers do this, mines had me do mine it was so easy).

Do this immediately.

Go to Worcester probate court on Main st. Go into

the register of deeds office look up your

property on the computer go to clerk tell them

you want to file homestead.

I will gladly meet you there and walk you through it.

Also I will help you write up and submit

temporary separation orders, which will remove

your husband from the house, get child

support....then you can have time to find a

lawyer and do the divorce later.

Posts: 105 | From Mass | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeafFromLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeafFromLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Cathy

The problem is I can't keep my house because I only work part time and even with child support couldn't afford it. We can't afford it with 2 incomes...

Plus I couldn't maintain it anyway.I just want this all to go away!

--------------------
Erika

IgM Band 23 +

www.24weekperfectbaby.blogspot.com

Son's blog born at 24 weeks.

Posts: 356 | From massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CathyMary
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CathyMary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh duh, I understand maybe it could buy you time

to sell (its better than foreclosure), you don't

want to lose it to creditors either.

Bankruptcy cost about 1,200 to 1,500. But you hire a lawyer and feel relief.

It is understandable, especially dealing with lyme, that you want it to go away.

But unfortunately it may be worse before it can be better.

There is a program called RAFT that could help

pay for your mortgage, I think for three months

(if your at risk of becoming homeless). That

could buy you some time too.

Posts: 105 | From Mass | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cathy mary, thanks so much for your 1st hand experience to help erica with!!

i'm sure others will chime in; we have many attorney members on this board; most INACTIVE.

since i don't live in your state, i won't give you any of my iowa suggestons; each state is different. so ill leave it to mass. folks to teach/educate you about mss. divorce laws, etc.

my best to you deaf! a wise decision for you/kids!! praying god will help carry you as the footprints in the sand verse go.... [group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakes592
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakes592     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure about Lawyers where you are. You can get consultations for free so try and go see a few.

They will tell you how much he will have to pay toward debt and in child support. When he finds out those amounts he may reconsider.

He needs a reality check on what will happen and what it will do to the kids. He is clueless...the grass is not greener on the other side.

He may change his mind and you will get through this. If you can get a counslor please do that. Later if he will go then maybe try that.

So sorry you have to go through this right now. Like you don't have enough on your plate. Reach out for help anywhere you can get it.

--------------------
If you keep doing nothing...nothing changes!

www.underourskin.com

Posts: 579 | From NH | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Twombley Lee in Worcester is EXCELLENT

Also Lori Granat Dupell in North Brookfield

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement