LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Our whole family will be in the news!! (update)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our whole family will be in the news!! (update)
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our family is going to be in the local newspaper (The Tribune, Warren, Ohio) and the local news station (Channel 27 CBS, Youngstown, Ohio)
We also have a display table set up in the Girard Library.

My mom set all this up! She did the displays and emailed the local news.

They want to interview us soon. I am excited and nervous!

I think I just gave advice on this to Ocean recently and now I am nervous. LOL

But very excited to get the awareness out in Ohio. The small town I grew up in has no clue about this disease!

When I tell people my whole family has it they look at my like I am an alien. Then they say "I didn't know it was genetic?" I am surprised at how little people in general know about health. A bacteria is not genetic but they have no clue of the difference!

This is gonna be great!!

(putting this is medical and support to get feedback)

Thanks, Amy

[ 06-02-2009, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Amy C ]

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
http://lymetimes3.blogspot.com/
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS!! to you and mom; i posted comments on your other post xoxox
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Amy, that is great! I swear the word is finally getting out there!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kreynolds
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

This is what we NEED more of!!!! Let us know how everything goes!!! [woohoo]

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news, Amy!!!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Amy! You didn't say just when you will be on TV and in the paper. I will send you a p.m.
Ann 0H

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot diggity dawgs! You are going to rock that town!

Good for you.

And did you know mothers are some of the best activists we have!

Give your mom a hug from me.

Go mom go!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trishee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trishee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is incredible activism! You are all so brave and I am so happy the lyme community is really stepping way up wit articles and now news coverage too. Dont' forget to trash the CDC and IDSA as they do us.
Well done and blessings,
Trish

Posts: 142 | From Sturbridge, MA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone! We are waiting on a date for the interviews.

I think maybe this upcoming weekend for the tv news because my brother needs to come home from college.

Thanks for your support!! I will post any links or info when I get it [Smile]

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

amy great!! [group hug] [kiss]
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amy~ I really admire your courage to represent all of us who are suffering and struggling.

Go Amy~Go Amy~ Go Amy~

Go Amy's Mom~ Outstanding.

You make me want to call our local paper or T.V.station here. Inspiration. Good Job.

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update...

Our family is being interviewed by our local tv station for a news report.

Monday (tomorrow) at 10am Roxann Seabest from Youngstown 27 News WKBN will be at my house!!

Pray that I don't get Lyme brain! LOL

It will be my mom, me and my youngest son. My oldest son and my brother don't want to be on tv.

Will post a link to our interview if she puts in online.

Thanks for your support!!
Amy

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

We just got done interviewing with our local news channel.

We will be aired tonight on our local news channels WKBN 27 & WYTV 33 at 5, 6 and 11. Then on local Fox news at 10.

If there is an on line version I will post it since I don't think anyone gets these channels.

Thanks for your support!
Amy

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going Amy and Family,

So, how come I did'nt know about you when I was going thru that area to a certain llmd in PA?

I did'nt have a computer back then though...about ohhhhh....12 years ago....I would have dropped in to say HiYa!

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Here is the link to our news story.
They spelled my name wrong of course. LOL

Feel free to add a comment on their site at the bottom of the story!

http://shar.es/mhC5

Oh and they said we were 1 of their top 5 stories!

[ 05-26-2009, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: Amy C ]

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Very nice article, Amy. I think the reporter did a nice job in the tone. It's probably a good thing that you name was misspelled, actually.

I can tell by your cheery face that you have a spark for life. Hold on to that.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Here is the video version!

You have to click on "Lyme Disease" once you get to this site.

http://www.wytv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx

If anyone has troubles getting my video link to work just go to

http://www.wytv.com/default.aspx

and click on the Lyme Disease video under top stories.

Thanks everyone!!

[ 05-26-2009, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Amy C ]

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

bettyg
Unregistered

up for me to watch tomorrow; hubby is sleeping so must be quiet now ...

i'm so looking forward to viewing them both!! [Smile] xoxox

Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Found these links that work better to get to the interview.

Written story (please add comments bottom of the interview):
http://www.wytv.com/content/news/local/story/Living-with-Lyme-Disease/zOq_SXfXQUKqBenLLJxiVg.cspx

Video:
http://www.wytv.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=11

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your mom looks like the secretary where I work.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

here's what i posted ....PLEASE VOTE FOR OUR COMMENTS!! ************************************

Comments
BettyG Iowa - 5/26/2009
1 Vote
Report User

Thank you for writing such a good story of the devastation of LYME disease for Amy, Marianne, & Brandon!!

I've had chronic lyme for 39 yrs. last xmas; 34.5 years MISDIAGNOSED BY 40-50 DRS! UNACCEPTABLE! I didn't know then that 300 OTHER ILLNESSES MIMICK LYME INCLUDING:

MS, ALS, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, parkinson's, ALZHEIMER'S/dementia, most mental illnesses, bell's pulsy, & list goes on & on!

It is a drs. clinical diagnosis but a western blot igm and igg blood test drawn/sent to IGENEX LAB, CALIF. will show all 16 protein bands for +, -, & indetermined.

1980 - Jan. 2008 LYME statistics for all 50 states broken down by years!

http://www.lyme.org/resources/1980-cumulative.htm 08

Lyme Treatment Guidelines:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines.html

There have been many deaths from lyme and co-infections/other diseases the ticks carry; see www.lymememorial.org for many statistics per state and names!

We have a lyme bill in congress for over 10.5 years now. Please call your state's HOUSE REP to be a CO-SPONSOR of HR 1179, lyme/vector-borne disease bill.

It's being held up in subcommittee by chair NJ HR Frank Pallone. Interesting he has received $505,000 in "medical community" lobbyist money.

There are infectious drs. aka IDSA, infectious disease society of america vs. our chronic lyme literate mds, ILADS, INTL. LYME ASSOCIATED DISEASE SOCIETY. fyi, infectious drs. will treat from ONE pill up to 3 wks. MAX of antibiotics.

They do NOT believe in chronic lyme disease! Because they UNDERTREAT lyme symptoms, patients become CHRONIC and need months up to years of antibiotics to kill off the spirochete in the body.

Many have to have IV ABX for many months & years costing from $5-$10,000/MONTH OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES.

The insurance companies REFUSE to pay for any of our lyme/co-infection expenses! We just want EQUALITY for them to pay their fair share like cancer, AIDS/HIV!

That's not asking to much is it?

MaryL
Member # 11997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos, Amy! Keep it going. It's amazing how effective you can be doing one interview at a time. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep Squeaking!!! It's worked for our little town.
Posts: 81 | From Iowa | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

We just interviewed with the local newspaper today and the other local one wants to meet with us in a few days! Woo Hoo!!

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

bettyg
Unregistered

amy, TERRIFIC news; 2nd interview coming up; way to go girl! [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement