LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My 5k - The video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My 5k - The video
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rej6hElyBRA

Enjoy!!!

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there good looking.

I got to see a few minutes of your fine work.... then it cut off.

Don't know if it is my computer or not?

But what I saw was very good!!!!

Let me know how to see the rest. OK?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymephobic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymephobic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video Dave!

Congrats again! I remember you because I remember your shirt! My husband and son are in the video too!

Such an inspiring story!

Posts: 193 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

must be your computer cutting it off and also making me good looking. [Smile]

I just checked it and it ran fine.

Dave

--------------------

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Lymephobia,

i wish we had made plans for us all to meet. that would have been fun. well at least we got your family in there!!

Dave

--------------------

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Dave. That's great!

Very inspiring.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it, Dave! Especially IDSA--stands for I Don't See Anything.

I thought that was a riot.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

TF,
i wish i could take credit for that but one of our Lymenet friends posted that a few months ago. i don't remember who but maybe someone will step forward and ask for remuneration(props not $$)

Dave

--------------------

kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Wow what a great video!

Very inspiring, made me want to do about 100 pushups!

We need more positive videos like that in the Lyme Community.

Thanks for taking the time out to record it and share it.

You have a great supportive family and I am glad they joined you for the event!

Best Wishes and Keep the Fight Going!!!!

-Roy

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennyflyer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennyflyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Way to go, it's been a long time since I've been able to run more than a mile at a time. I'm slowly building back up and this has inspired me to keep going.

Stuck out here in LA for my new job for a few weeks, so I wasn't able to make it to the race.

Thanks for sharing this, Dave.

--------------------
Jennifer

Posts: 266 | From Ocean County, NJ | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Dave!!!! [woohoo]

great video... thank you for sharing that with all of us...

[hi] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DAVE ROCKS & RUNS!! i just viewed it & left my comments there as well!!

HEY EVERYONE; RATE DAVE'S VIDEO; only 2-3 of 60 views have rated him; he deserves 5 stars!!!!

dave, was that your wife & son? you mentioned family but didn't say who was who. thanks for sharing.

i loved your orange background; BALD DAVE showed up well!! [Smile] xox

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the inspiration, Dave!
Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hezzer926
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hezzer926     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the inspiration.. I just walked outside for a half hour with you in mind! I hope I can get to where you are at next years 5k [Smile]

Im also in my ninth month of treatment but I didnt start treating the co infections until late November.. so Ill say 6 months [Smile]

Posts: 245 | From East Brunswick, NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Dave!! Fantastic job!!!! I used to run cross country in high school and I bet without the wind/ocean breeze, you could have had even a better time!!! That had to be tough running in the wind like that!

Thank you so much for the video, I am going to ask my brother to watch it who just got diagnosed with Lyme late last month. It's been hard for him to cope with the anxiety...being a guy and all.

Like others said, you are such an inspiration! I am going to take a walk with my kids today now!

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Thanks everyone....glad everyone is getting off the couch. You guys have been great support to me so i wanted to give something back. I just wish i found you sooner.

Dave

Ps..i feel like crap today

--------------------

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Betty,

i have two girls...one who filmed and produced this so she is nowher to be found. The woman holding the sign was my wife and my youngest next to her. My sister and her husband walked along with my older brother.

PS...my nephew was the other runner he ran much faster than me but we edited it to make it look like he came in behind me. 22 year old wise guy runs in 22 mins and then tells me he trained for 2 weeks and was out until 2 am....ah to be young again.

Dave

--------------------

asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the video Dave, you missed your calling as a public speaker. It still isn't too late....

The front of your race shirt was great -- I am guessing you will see more of that saying popping up at other races [Smile]

I used to run marathons prior to getting lyme, and your video has inspired me to get off the couch and start exercising again.

I loved your thought about the oxygen killing these little buggers. And also that -- the disease wants us to be on the couch. I am going to steal these ideas from you to help motivate me.

Thanks for the video!

Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave...hope you recover soon. Thanks for sharing the video with us.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

dave,

thanks for introducing us to your wife, kids, and SIBLINGS who supported you and the roadrunner!! beep beep uncle dave; i'm coming thru.... [Smile] hugs

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

You got it BettyG...the support from one unnamed family member who had been very quiet during my treatment only to drive two hours to the walk was overwhelming....every try to run and cry at the same time? Its not easy.

Dave

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

it's those silent ones to look out for; they hold in their emotions and don't know how to share or "what to say"!! glad they came thru for you on your big day in a special family way [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]
bugi1960
Member # 20301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugi1960     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job Dave.

Phil

--------------------
pen

Posts: 23 | From Quakertown, PA | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitty9309
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitty9309     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Awesome, Dave!
Posts: 819 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hate it when boys make me cry!

[lol]

You are such an inspiration.

Thank you for making this video and for sharing with us that it CAN be done.

I just finished my grits and my bowl of antibiotics.... and am so inspired I am going to walk down to the stop sign.

That is twice as far as the mailbox.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

PS... I'll be just like you. Except for the 5 K part.... and the filming ... and the family.... and the training.... and the will power.

But... I will be doing it just like you cause...

It IS raining!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lemonsnotlymes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonsnotlymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey 46 year old bald head dude... You Rock! You are so right... get up off the sofa and move that body!

If am now up to an hour long great walk with a few little jog steps in the end.

It is a great time not only to move our lyme bodies, but heal the mind as well. Some good tunes, some positive thinking, can only help.

I believe getting up off the sofa was the turning point for me too. None of this stuff works in isolation.

Great job!

[ 05-24-2009, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: lemonsnotlymes ]

Posts: 103 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Gang,

Thank you all for such wonderful replies and some thoughts about getting your bodies moving. I was really on the fence about doing that video..a) i know we are all in different places with this insidous disease b) i didn't want to jinx myself and c) i didn't want anyone to think that was easy.

But putting myslef on the line is something i do regularly(I needed that 5k to keep me going). and of course all last week i felt like crap but this weekend i had 2 pretty good days. The healthier i become the louder my voice will become. So keep rooting for me because i promise i will fight for all of us.

So i may run again in 5 or 6 weeks....maybe another video...we'll see. Fear is a wonderful motivator.

Keep the Faith,

Dave

--------------------

njgirl14
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njgirl14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dave

great job! very encouraging and i like your shirt.

i was there too, wish i met you. did you meet any other lymenetters?

Posts: 262 | From nj | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing the video. Congrats on your success.

I bookmarked the video to watch again. Ive had many of the neuro symptoms you used to have and am at the beginning of treatment. It is easy to feel down and depressed. I have been making myself go for walks and sit in the sun and sweat. By Gods grace I hope to overcome as well and run the race. Thanks again for sharing. Many more blessings on your continued recovery.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

NJ,

no i did not...and wish i had made plans for us all to meet....next year i guess.

MorningSong,

You hit it on the head. Where do you think that inner voice comes from? I firmly believe that it is my faith that has kept me going. And maybe not in the way most would think about it. But once you realzie you are not in control you can stop worrying about what if ...or next week and simply focus on what you can do today.

I work on Wall Street and spent 20 years projecting towards the next thing...and you just cannot do that with this illness. So He works in mysterious ways and has taught me some important lessons. Glad you liked the video ...and keep fighting...i am rooting for you. See you at next years race...believe it and it will come true ...but only with hard work.

Dave

--------------------

hezzer926
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hezzer926     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The video continues to play in my head every other day that I work out..

Today, I was able to jog for 20 minutes for about 2.5 miles [Smile]

I don't know if it is because I've been off antibiotics and am not herxing ( had to go off a week ago because of elevated liver enzymes) but I've been having more energy and am taking advantage of it..

Nine months ago, I wouldn't have dreamed I could do this.. Thanks!

Posts: 245 | From East Brunswick, NJ | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

hezzer,

me neither ....nice going...now you know your body can do it and you got some detox in. Just remember how good things felet while you were out there....next time your herxing or feeeling like crap get on the running shoes.

I got my mileage in last nite as well.

Dave

--------------------

hezzer926
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17902

Dave, do you always take a day off in between work outs?
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

yes....even when i was not sick...you need to allow your body to repair...especially when your 46....if its weights and your working a different part of the body that's different but running is every other day...

Dave

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement