LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Mini Mind Vacation from Lyme and Company

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mini Mind Vacation from Lyme and Company
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mind keeps flashing to Yosemite National Park this am so thought I would do a little daydreaming.

I am staying at the Awahnee

-

But, it is during off season..perhaps this fall or next spring or winter would be good too. I think winter.

I did not have to pay the high prices of staying at the Ahwahnee...but not sure why now. Guess I got a really good deal through AAA.

I am sitting in the dining room having breakfast. Wow. What a view and what a way to start out the day.

My body is not in pain. it is strong enough to hold itself up while sitting at the table.

I am able to read the menu just like I did before lyme and company hit.

I am planning on going cross country sking or snow shoeing. Rosie is with me.

Hmm. Got to get her some booties that will stay on her feet.

How about you...any mini mind vacations running through your mind??

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kamie,

Wow, I'm right there with you and Rosie. And of course I brought Rocky.

You and me are sitting in the diningroom chatting and getting to know each other, watching the dogs frolic happily outside in the sunshine.

Let's see.....we've decided to snowshoe today and tomorrow go cross country skiing.

I'm a beginner in both but still absolutely love both activities.

Since we both don't have to worry about what to eat (evil carbs), I'm having one of my favs-eggs benedict and a bloody mary.

Cheers Kamie!!!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Alaska lone wolf. That was fun just to read and visualize in my mind.

I also thought about the food thing later. I thought I no longer need to eat soft food due to being too weak and can order whatever I want.

I have only gone snow shoeing once in the Sierra's.

I have not tried cross country skiing yet. I have done the down hill thing at Badger pass near by.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well as long as we're dreaming, I need to adjust my beach chair, and i think i'll switch to a STRAWBERRY margarita this round.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good Toby! [lick]

Kam-This will make you laugh.

I'm a beginner too in both. Really I should call it falling instead of skiing.

Example: Went on a 5 mile trail and I have to pretty much stay in the grooves that are already there for beginners. I fell at least 20 times on that adventure. Friends were amazed how bad I was. Oh well.....I did warn them.

Example: First time snowshoeing, rented equipment from REI and thought, 'how hard can it be?'. Well, to my surprise the first time I fell over on showshoes it took me forever to figure out how to get my stupid feet with snowshoes on back under me. There was a cross country skier out there that witnessed the whole ugly ordeal. She couldn't stop laughing and I know she tried not to as she glided by me as I lay floundering, like a fish out of water.

Come on....we'll still do it.....we could use a couple of good laughs!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Toby...getting my beach chair and joining you.

Akinwolf.....packing my video camera...sounds like a winner for one of those funny video shows on TV.

feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOOHHHH I want to come! I'll teach you guys the tricks of x-c skiing and snowshoeing. I have been known to provide the moon when it isn't visible in the sky [Big Grin] .

When we are done with the trails and our cheeks are nice and rosie, we'll sit by the fire with our furry friends at our feet and sip some mulled wine...or whatever you prefer.

The valets (cute, curteous,) will massage our feet and put warm slippers on us.

My gosh! we all look and feel so invigorated and healthy. Lets do it again tomorrow.

Meet you on the trails,
Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Whoa! I was even there for a moment feelfit. That was a good one!!

I especially liked being on the trail with a full moon reflecting off the snow.

And my feet even relaxed for a moment and were warm and toasty with the soft slippers

I could hear the sound of the wood crackling in the fireplace and smell that wonderful scent of campfire's burning.

sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky you! I stayed there when I was a freshman in college. It was during winter break. I wish I was there now. Thanks for the pic!
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kam..I needed that mini- vaca in my mind.

What a beautiful picture. I can just smell the crisp, clean air and hear the crunch of the snow.

You rock!!
[Cool]

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

OK. Time for another mini mind vacation.

This time, the Havasupi Indian Reservation.

-

WE take a mule train down into the canyon.

I think fall is the best time of the year to go here as it is just too hot in the Canyon during the summer.

I got to warn you. Although that water looks beautiful...it ice cold. Short dips only.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement