LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers club 6-15 to 6-21

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hikers, Walkers, Crawlers club 6-15 to 6-21
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go, gang!!!!

I walked 26 laps and did my usual stretches. It was my first day without "baggage" hanging around my neck!!! [Big Grin] ( no heart monitor )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos, Lymetoo! I am happy for you that you have been able to do this program and stick with it! That is great!

And thank you for starting this week's thread, as I was under the weather.

Best,
Karen

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karen....hoping you are doing better soon and back in the garden.

TuTu....it is so good to hear about your ability to do the laps and stretches...and without baggage now. Hurray!

Monday: Traveled further from home than I have since I moved here. I will check the mileage later.

But, went on the 55 mph road to a lake. I was out of the house for 2 and a half hours.

On my feet at the lake for an est of 10 min with a rest on a rock half way.

It only took me an hour to get home from the lake.

It took a bit longer to get there as I stopped twice and got out of the car to find out where I was going.

Able to walk into a store at one point and ask just like a "normal" person.

Nice store. It was a small ma and pa store which included the town's post office.

There were people in kayaks and canoes on the lake.

The lake looked pretty smooth. But, I was at the sheltered part of the lake..an inlet.

Asphalt paved trails in the area but not going around the lake.

I started going on the trail around the lake and couldn't get far. It was a bit tricky.

Noticed there were two other lakes on that road.

One was 15 miles further but assume it was on a dirt road. Don't recall how far the other one was.

Cooler at that elevation too.

This is amazing. When I first started driving here 5 or 10 min was my limit and then it was back home.

Doubt I will head that way again for awhile. Not usually able to go that far.

I also was glad I got behind a U Haul Truck going 40 mph on the way home. There was sun in my eyes.

I did have difficulty getting out of the car and getting to my power chair in the community room inside the door.

But, it was due to stiffness and soreness. At least the brain was still telling the legs to move.

Wondered if it was due to taking the gabapetin that I was able to do this yesterday.

I assume so. Up to 1200 mg I think or 6 pills a day.

I think the primary doctor is going to increase the dosage when I see him next. I think he said he could prescribe the 200 mg pills for me so I will just need to take 3 a day.

Tues afternoon: OK just walked to the car and checked my mileage. I drove 34 miles out of town.

New record I think.

Heart was pounding from the walk. Back to vegging.

[ 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunday-Finished ceiling trim in the bathroom (finally), trimmed great stuff foam off hallway joint between wall and floor.

For outdoor fun....hauled limbs for about 30 minutes.

Whew.... [Roll Eyes]

Tuesday-Me and Rocky 3 miles and swimming for him. Lucky dog!

Inside chores today.

BTW, thanks for the encouragement in regards to the grass cutting. Got in big trouble with my G.P. yesterday. Was told I shouldn't be cutting grass because I'm not released yet from my surgeon.

Told her I used my stomach mainly to push the mower instead of my arms and she looked at me like I was way past help..... [Roll Eyes] but it had to be done.

In some places that grass was hip high! If I keep waiting I wouldn't be able to cut it, that's for sure!

Anyways, guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? [Wink]

Later all!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow alaska lone wolf.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lone wolf .. aren't you afraid of the ticks???? I would be too afraid to mow!!

kam.. I love your walking areas. They sound so wonderful!!

kgg .. hope you're feeling better soon!!

Haven't decided if I'm going to exercise today. I have asthma pretty bad.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerifrog
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerifrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Well, I've had 2 outings so far this week! Monday, Kim hiked Kaaterskill Falls in the Catskills (I stayed at the parking

area) It was a beautiful ride despite the rainy weather. On the way back, we stopped at Lowes for some parts to the

riding mower (it's almost 20 yrs old & dying). Looked at paving stones for the walkway too. This house is so old,

everything, inside & out, needs fixing. Felt lousy all day Tuesday. [Frown]

Today, Wed, I went to the Dept of Labor for an interview with a job counselor. Afterward, I wheeled across the

parking lot to the diner to meet my Mom for lunch. We popped into Walmart to grab a few odds & ends then home. I

am dead tired now, but have to get some laundry done. Kim is running out of clothes. (I just wear PJ's @ home.) He

may have to finish folding stuff as I'm fading fast. He's biking with friends after work so dinner will be pretty late

today. He may end up cooking his own. [lol]

I'm worried about getting a new job, I hurt all the time and am so easily fatigued. My psych doesn't think I should

try working yet, but, we need the income. Got to give it a try. (I'm getting unemployment, if I'm lucky, it'll take a

while to find a job.)

Karen & LymeToo - Hope you're both feeling better today. Glad you lost your baggage, LT.

Kam - It's great you could drive so far, 10 miles to town is a real challenge for me (I only drive in emergencies).

Lone Wolf - you are amazing, my DH doesn't push as hard as you do.

Geri
-

Posts: 151 | From Kingston NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too pooped to cut grass today. Made some phone calls and searched on the Internet for much needed info today.

TuTu-I'm terrified of ticks but pull them off Rocky all the time and yes, I've had some on myself too from grass cutting.

I use a bug spray that helps but I still get them.

They gross me out!!! I hate them!!!

I don't know how to avoid them though because I live in the country and so far this is a bad year for them.

They seem to be everywhere!!!

Anyways, my grass cutting will be getting easier and less ticky because I'm getting a used riding mower as soon as the guy puts an engine in it.

Later you all!!!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I will be back to read what the others wrote. Exhausted now but joyful.

Able to find Fossil Creek today.

55 miles round trip.

3 1/2 hr outing. (Back is hurting and I know I most likely will not be able to get out of bed tomorrow but it was worth it.)

Stopped at the Fossil Creek Goat place. Got some of the best cheese I have ever tasted.

it was in an ice cream type of container...the kind that the kids in school get a bit of ice cream in.

Saw the goats including the babies and the llamas.

Beautiful place that they have.

beautiful area I was traveling in.

The creek was the 2nd most beautiful creek I have ever seen.

with the first being the blue green waters of the Havasupi Indian Reservation in the Grand Canyon.

The water was so clear you could see the rocks on the bottome.

The color of the water is difficult for me to describe.

I was not able to even get to the waters edge.

Body and brain not strong enough to go down the steep incline.

But, I know it is a place I would like to go to and explore for the day sometime.

Very steep windy narrow dirt road to the bottom of canyon. Went 5 mph most of the way.

Lots of cars in the trail head parking area. I did not see anyone. I assume they may of been backpackers and some day swimmers.

There are supposed to be campsites there but I did not find them. Just some place where people had camped and built a fire along side the road in some of the few flat areas.

No campfires allowed now.

Buildings from an old hydro plant were at the bottom of the canyon.

And the sign talked about a dam somewhere along there.

And many other things. Was not really able to take in what it said. If i had reclined in my power chair for a bit, I most likely would have been able to process what it said then.

Something about travertine...I assume it is the rock that gives the creek its color.

-

I saw some kodak moments on the way there but knew if I got in and out of the car I would use up precious energy and brain power.

So, waited until the trip home. I got a few shots but the lightening was not as good..in fact it all was in the shade on the way back.

It would be better to do this trip first thing in the morning as the afternoon sun beating down on you while on the dirt road was a bit much.

Saw a cubby of quail on the way out with the babies about an inch tall..well at least it seemed that way.

I also stopped at the honey shack.

3 places I went to today that I have wanted to go to for 3 years now.

Able to get out of car and walk into both the goat's farm place and the honey place.

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like everyone has been busy while I was down and out. Good to see the activity!

Aklnwlf, I am happy for you that you are getting a ride on lawn mower. It will still be a chore. But at least not one that is so taxing.

Geri, glad to hear you were able to get out of the house. I am so sorry that you have to search for a job when you are feeling so bad. I hope that things work out for you!

KAM, I am thrilled for you that you have made it to a place you wanted to get to for so long. When we got back east, dh and I talked about the places we did not get to while out west. But it could not be helped. Will get there some day!

I am better but only just. I have gone to the mail a couple of times. But not 100% yet. Right after I had the root canal done, I picked up a bug that included dizziness, nausea and fatigue. Like I needed anymore of that! It has taken a while to get over.

Best,
Karen

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all you wonderful walkers! Sorry I have been out of the loop. I just wanted to check in to let you know that I am still breathing.

I probably won't be able to get back online for a week or so, but I'll be thinking of all of you. Keep up the good work.

Hugs to all of you.

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Lou...good to hear from you. Looking forward to when I can post that I will be away from the computer for a week too!!

That would mean I am out and about and having a good time.

Karen...looking forward to hearing when you are doing better. Hang in there.

Where would you have liked to go while on the West Coast??

I would like to see the National Park in your area and Niagara Falls and the fall colors.

Alaska Lone Wolf..so glad to hear you are getting a lawn mower you can ride. Good timing.

It seems I read something in the Healing Lyme Book about a product to take to avoid getting infection from ticks or to at least help.

When i find that part again I will let you know.

Geri: the trip to the falls sounds nice. I hope Kim took pictures for you.

RE: Working. It is tricky trying to find something we can do. Hope you are able to find something.

RE: Driving. This is new to me since Lyme and Company. I am excited. I am still cycling with this so have times when I can do what I did yesterday...which is very, very rare and then have times when getting across the street in my power chair to toilet Rosie as my big challenge for the day.

LymeToo...how be you??

Cathy...And you?? Hoping to read your caring bridge updates when I am able.

kam
Member # 3410

PS I thought I would be stiff and sore this am and not able to hold my body upright.

But, I did not need a couple of excedrin to help me get out of bed this am or get on the senior van for a short trip to the grocery store.

I even used the power chair that I need to sit upright in and rolled on home after the trip....which takes about 30 min..I think it is a mile by car.

I kind of goofed up and did not take the back roads so the sidewalks and traffic noise did me in.

I am down for the count now.

kam
Member # 3410

Thurs evening: 10 min on my feet in forest. Hot and humid out. hearth pounding on way back

Walked into auto store and walked into check PO box

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Thursday-Had to wash Rocky, he rolled around in poop again.

Then at 5 pm cut some grass for about 1 1/2 hours.

It was soooo hot!!!

Have finally figured out to cut the grass after dinner.

So will try to cut it later tomorrow.

Kam-Was that goat cheese you ate? Wow, goat cheese and honey, sounds yummy!

KGG and Lou- [hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Alaska Lone Wolf....yes it was goat cheese. One of the best cheeses I have had in a long time. It also had chives in it and had the texture of ricotta cheese.

Hoping to go back and get a larger amount the first of the month.

They had so many different kinds of honey at the Honey Shack too.

Hoping to go back and get a larger jar of honey the first of the month too...if health is doing well enough to do so.

The two boys selling the honey were a treat in themselves. At first I thought they might be hard of hearing due to their speech but I don't think that was it...something else.

They had so much enthusiasm (SP?)

Friday am: 20 min walk in forest It is going to be a hot one today. I had shorts and a sleeveless shirt on at 6 am this morning and it was all ready warm out.

Walk went better than last night's walk but started huffing and puffing on the way back.

Saw a baby jack rabbit on the way back while in the car.

And the road crew were not working this am so it was once again quiet there. I had been avoiding the place due to the noise of the heavy equipment.

I think they are just about done. I hope so. But, then that means the building of the one house will start. (More noise)

The house is right at the trail head.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I'm sure I've had goat cheese before but don't remember when, probably in Anchorage.

With chives sounds soooo good!

Anyways, today (Friday) me and Rocky did our usual 3 miles and Rocky went swimming in the creeks 3 times.

In the 90's here and it's only June! [Eek!]

I'm cutting some of the grass after a frozen pizza dinner tonight.

Hopefully getting out there around 7, it won't be so all fired hot!

Wish me luck!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

Alaska Lone Wolf...how did it go last night??

Sat am: 30 min on feet in forest....only because Rosie was chasing a Javelina and I was chasing Rosie.

It was too much excitement for me. Resting now.

it started out with me pulling up the same time another guy I see at the dog park pulling up.

He had 3 of the dog park dogs with him.

One is Rosie's buddy. They all took off then they saw the Javelina and the race was on through the forest.

The dog park guy is a non stop talker so I can't be around him.

He wasn't too bad this am and tried to help me find Rosie even when his dogs came back and Rosie was still missing.

I tried Rosie's favorite treats this am. She would do a drive by. Not even interested in the treats.

Just running a muck this am. Even after the other dogs went one way and we went another.

kam
Member # 3410

Saturday evening: 10 min loop

I had that thing where the brain feels like it is inflamed or swollen after this mornings outing.

But, took 2 excedrin and it seemed to help.

Glad those flares are not as frequent now nor as bad.

Knock on wood.

kgg
Member # 5867

Hi, everyone!

My Mom is in town for a week. That's the reason I haven't been on the computer that much. We did two laps around Walmart yesterday. It is very rainy here so we went there to stretch our legs. It is supposed to rain for the next 15 days here!!

Hope everyone recovers from their activities.

Best,
Karen

Gerifrog
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerifrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Rain, rain go away, don't come back for a couple of days. When did the northeast get transferred to Seattle?

Seattle hasn't had rain all month, we're washing away. And I'm hurting so bad I can't bear to move.

Got test results Friday, posted in medical. I think I have active Lyme again. Doesn't really matter, does it?

Have had a severe headache & stiff neck all week, can't stay asleep, feel as bad as I did a year ago (pre-treatment)

I'm glad everyone else is getting around. I'll keep trying.

Later, Geri
-

Posts: 151 | From Kingston NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi all!

Kam, it was still hot as all get out!

Today I cut grass for about 1 1/2 hours.

Sent the hubby with his daughter to play golf for Father's Day.

Packed them a picnic lunch of grilled chicken pasta salad. For dessert fresh stawberries with chocolate and cool whip for dipping.

Doing laundry and am ready to call it a day and it's only 4:21!

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

kam
Member # 3410

HOt and humid here too.

Didn't realize until I started to post that the reason my 10 min walks in the forest have been a struggle is most likely due to the heat and humidity.

Sun pm: 10 min with short rest half way

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement