LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there...
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to acknowledge all the many Fathers and Father figures we have on this board who despite their own illness or of that in their families...

continue to provide the love, comfort, guidance and security that every child, young or old, so desperately needs.

``It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.'' ~ Anne Sexton

``Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.'' ~ Ruth E. Renkel

``When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.'' ~ Mark Twain

Happy Father's day Dad... I miss you more than I ever thought possible.
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dad, today was your 64th anniversary to Mom; your 8th in heaven with Mom.

it's sat. night so you'd watch lawrence welk first and then go out dancing until 2 am.

now you have LAWRENCE, MYRON FLOREN, and all his band members, singers, dancers, etc. up with you.

wow, what a concert you can enjoy regularly dancing your polkas, waltzs, and the "chicken dance".

hubby and i miss having you and mom here for every holiday! not the same without you 2 and your antics.

happy dad's day dad! you are enjoying now the best there is .... no pain, you don't limp anymore, your joints don't swell, no gout, and NO diabetes.

give mom an extra hug and kiss from your "old" daughter, betty, will you? [group hug] [kiss]

thanks mel for posting .... [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodness Miss BG,
Such a beautiful, humorous and so very toughing tribute to your Father. Thank you for sharing this with us. M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gerifrog
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gerifrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the Dads out there.

And a special I love you to my Daddy, gone but never forgotten.

Geri
-

Posts: 151 | From Kingston NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you mel; your post is most meaningful to those of us who have lost our dad's and mom's throughout the years.

it's a good time to reminisce, smile, laugh, and shed a tear or two. [Smile] hugs

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement