LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » LUVDOGS IS IN LABOR!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LUVDOGS IS IN LABOR!!!
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just spoke with Sara / Luvdogs, who is one week overdue with her baby, Liam. She has been in the hospital since yesterday. She is having a very hard time going INTO labor and they are doing all kinds of things to try and get it going.

She is having erratic contractions.....let's all pray that she gets through this smoothly and that Liam enters the world soon!

Love and prayers out to Mom to be Sara/Luvdogs and Dad to be David!!!!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for letting us know. Love being sent now.

-A

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticked-offinNc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticked-offinNc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you best wishes, a speedy delivery, and the joy of a happy little baby
Posts: 261 | From Piedmont | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for a safe delivery for Sara and Liam!!!!

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been thinking about both of them..
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Best wishes for Sara and her baby boy.

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope things go well for them!!!! Today is my deceased mother's birthday. A good day to be born! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending prayers for the family especially the "newest" member.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing them all the best of health and lots of happiness with the new baby.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sara, best wishes and may the worst of this be over so you can welcome your beloved son, liam, into this world.

love & prayers headed your way dogs.... [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No baby yet. Her contractions are very mild and she has gone to sleep for the night.....unless something changes. She will be induced tomorrow unless Liam makes a surprise appearance during the night.

Hoping she gets lots of rest tonight, this is already her second night in the hospital and she hasn't even had him yet!

Thanks to Daddy David for the update!

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing you well Sara,
Al

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orrn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orrn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes to mom, dad and baby!

orrn

Posts: 239 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orrn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orrn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes to mom, dad and baby!

orrn

Posts: 239 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes, to Sara and baby Liam!

Oh, I hope you don't have to be induced--that was miserable, and I had to do it twice!

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes to Sara, dad, and Liam!

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending loving thoughts to Sara, dad and Liam. Hope all goes very well and baby comes soon. It is so hard to wait. [group hug]

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping to hear good news soon!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers up for all three of you.
Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any news?
Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

I was out all day at LLD appt. Got home and had an email from her from this afternoon. Her labor had basically stopped, they tried to induce her with Pitocin to no avail.

Thier plan is to continue for a few days to let her sleep and night and try Pitocin induction during the day.

She wants a C-section tomorrow, and feels she will end up there anyway. She just isn't dilating really at all; they seem to have found some abnormalities with her cervix that makes it want to stay shut!!!

If I get more updated info I'll share....haven't checked phone messages yet. I wonder, how is she getting online in the hospital? I could never do that from my room!

--------------------

Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy or LuvDogs if you get online,

Ask the doctors to try an epidural - it worked for a neihgbor of mine. Usually they want you to hit 5 centimeters before they give you one. I wish they had given me an epidural to move things along - they did the pitocin instead and that was the pits.

Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best wishes for you and your baby.
My boy was 14 days late and I was in exact the same situation, nothing happened, nothing worked.

I was happy when they decided for the c-section and I was recovering very well.
Karen

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvs can check herself out of the hospital against medical advice if she chooses. Few women would do this, but she needs to know her options.

Have Luvs call me if she'd like to talk. I'll send my number to Tracy.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, an epidural might do the job--I had issues with being induced my first time.

I was just not dilating, and I told my husband and the nurse I thought I was going to die.

She got the doctor ASAP, and they gave an epidural.

Within 4 hours, I gave birth.

Might be worth a try.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope everything goes OK, I know OB's loooove to induce if you aren't at the 40 week mark. I was 19 days over due with my first child, he was just fine.

Hopefully something happens soon for her whether it be inducing or C/S, I'd hate to be waiting in a hospital for days, poor thing.

Thanks for the update Tracy!!

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

I just received a call from Sara. No baby, little progress. She has been asking and asking for a C section and they replied "We dont' do elective C sections."

So now she has been in the hospital in labor for four straight days. She is only 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and he has only dropped to +2 station.

They broke her water but nothing has changed. They do not seem to understand that she is sick with Lyme disease and coinfections and that four days plus of laboring is NOT good for her.

I'm so ****ed....I may just go down there. Hmmphh.

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Oh, and her contractions are every 3 minutes and she had an epidural so she is not in pain. However her blood pressure crashed when she got the epidural and they had to back off on it to stabilize her.

--------------------

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Sara will likely need a lot of emotional support after labor to deal with the assault of the past four days...on her and her baby.

I wish I was there with her too...

I wonder if they've given her any food since all this started??? It would surprise me if they had.

hshbmom
Member # 9478

I hope her doula has a good back-up.
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they broke her water, they will have no choice but to do a C section if she doesn't start dilating soon.

Breaking water is so ridiculous. It is there to protect baby and make the labor easier.

I wish her well. I too hope she gets some food!

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Report late last night from David was that she was progressing with labor and Liam should have arrived overnight. Can't find any new info yet today. Everyone was up late last night and may still be sleeping!

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Member # 17353

I certainly hope she had the baby!

When I was pregnant I was always told that the baby must be delivered with in 24 hours of the water breaking or it's harmful for the baby.

And WTH--elective C/S?

It's not like she came in on some randowm day and said I'd like my baby to be born today because my horoscope said it would be a good day.

If she's been "in labor" this whole time, something should have been done!

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Totally agreed, Starfall....I think LOTS of us are furious they allowed this to go on for FIVE days with a sick Lyme patient and refused to do a C section.

Then, just as Sara predicted, in the end it was a C section anyway.

As David posted on Lymefriends:

Liam was born around 1:15 pm Eastern Time Saturday 6-27 via c-section. He weighed in at about 7.5 lbs. Sara and the baby are both doing very well. More info as available.....

--------------------

liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah!!!

Happy she finally had the baby and the baby is healthy.

That is so crazy that she had to go through that ordeal.

Blessings to all =)

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all for your caring and support! i can't tell you how muh it meant to me. typin with liam in one arm so bad typing!

I am so glad to have tracy here and all of you guys here in spirit.

the baby was really 9 lbs 1 oz and 21 inches.

they confirmed that he was stuck and was too big to get out. in the end i was 9 cm but he never dropped below zero station. that was when they decided on c-section. i, too, felt like i would die. i am so glad that liam and i made it.

he was more than worth all of the suffering! he is the most precious baby in the world!

i can't wait to go home and deflate and sleep in own bed!

hugs to all...
luvdogs

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Q:--Was-Liam's-umdilical-cord-short

My-keydoard-is-flaky...space-dar-&-several-keys-are-frozem.--Questiom-mark-wom't-work-either.

Your*photos*are*great!

Have*a*peaceful,restful*day

[ 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: hshbmom ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement