LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Iowa girl, 15yrs old needs our HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iowa girl, 15yrs old needs our HELP!
Freethinker
Member # 13002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freethinker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please watch the video of Alex and her Family - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6qotHIiCM

Why isn't anyone in Iowa helping her and her family?

Alex enjoyed baseball and horseback riding. She and her twin were as happy as any children could be. One day, Alex could not lift her left arm.

Today, Alex is paralyzed and on a ventilator. We're told that Lyme disease can do that, but how often do we see it in time to help?

Two caring physicians have agreed to treat Alex -- but the treatment will be expensive and the insurance will not cover it.

Peer Observations Magazine will be holding an auction on July 15, 2009 to help defray the cost of Alex's treatment. The auction items will be displayed at Peer Observations for viewing.

What can you do to help Alex? Donate item(s) for the auction or make an in-kind donation.

Donations to date: A physician's office visit; books; handmade items; spirochetes and ticks; advertising packages; supplements.

The time to help is now and no donation is too small.

Send email to: [email protected] for more information about donating items. Or visit Please Donate to Help Alex....

Her life depends on it!

note: this case has been verified with medical records.

--------------------
Stop Lyme Cryme!

-Data Over Dogma
Evidence Over Egos
Patients Over Politics.
-EJ Masters

Peer Observations Magazine

Posts: 40 | From Southern Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been praying for Alex for several years now. Her uncle is a Lymenet member.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
freethinker,

i had posted just a few minutes ago, and just saw YOURS, so deleted mine.

1 small correciton; please show that alex played SOFTBALL, not baseball; that's we girls do in iowa! [Smile]

here's the note i attached to it and forwarded to my OWN LYME LIST GROUP ....

to ALL on my lyme list group,

I checked with Uncle Mike to make sure the below was ACCURATE; Mike said YES...it is correct!

please do what you can by forwarding this to others (please remove my LAST NAME PLEASE) who might be able to DONATE things, etc.

again, watch Alex's Mom, Lori's, 10 min. video on Alex; it's heartbreaking!

thanks everyone for passing this along to others so we can have a joint effort in helping this family since alex is paralyzed & on ventilator 2 of 4+ years!

bettyg, iowa lyme activist

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Free=the link to donate does not work on the site. Maybe homepage?

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there anything i can do to help? maybe send a package or supplements or something...

ya'll let me know asap, as i will be out of touch for a couple of week starting july 8th....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I was a Doctor. I would love to watch her

come out of this cocoon and be the one to help do

it. It is very sad this has happened. I think now

I understand why so many doctors go to other

countries to help. It certainly isn't for the

money. They go to do what

they can to help, not impeded by lawyers and a

crooked medical system and gain

strength and knowledge knowing they helped.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Two caring physicians have agreed to treat Alex -- but the treatment will be expensive and the insurance will not cover it.
Does anyone know what the treatment is?

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
peggy,

uncle mike sent me the below info and I'LL DELETE LAST NAMES, but leave rest as he wrote it to me ....

quoting uncle mike ....

Hi Betty,

Ummmm...not sure what you mean by only 2 doctors that will treat her.

Awhile back ago, Sue Vogan put out an "SOS" so-to-speak, and she told us only 1 replied; Dr. L.

We have had a couple of phone consults with him and so far, our family doctor has complied with his recommendations.

Dr. L. is charging us $400/hour and has told us he would come to Alex for ~$12,000.

We still do not know the long-term plans that Dr. L has.

There has been some preliminary discussions with someone who knows Dr. S, and I think he has quoted us about the same; $10,000 - $12,000!!!!

I spoke with someone a bit ago who told me of a doctor in the Boston area who was treating ALS-Lyme patients.

She then went onto ask me if Alex was ever on Rocephin and that instead of the 2g. Rocephin Alex took, she should have been on 4g. - 6g./day!!!!

I have followed up with this person, but have not yet received a reply.

We have been in contact with the woman's family in "Under the Eight Ball".

We are hoping to get some sort of written documentation that showed she passed away from borrelia and chlamydia.

There was 14-year old girl who died in March in California that we were sharing information with and they told me the preliminary indications showed her paralysis may have been Gardasil, but there was also some possibility of an autoimmune process.

In continuing my efforts in the research, I don't think Alex will make any kind of improvement until we address her heavy metals issue

(Nickel, Tungsten, Aluminum, Mercury, Arsenic, and Cadmium) with some sort of chelation.

I honestly don't know anyone who could help Alex besides Dr. K.

I know there are many people who would think I was nuts by saying that, but what he says makes sense. I've watched numerous DVDs and read his work/papers and it isn't that hard to believe. Plus, he has experience with this.

I also faxed Dr. F last week because Alex had a positive smear in April, 2008. I never heard back.

The most recent PCR Bart testing from Clongen was negative, which may explain if a protozoan is involved, the abx. didn't work.

Anyway, that's where we're at.

You can tell anyone they can have all the info. they want if they're willing to help!!!!!!

Thanks!
Mike

so again, after reading the ABOVE, NO SPECIFIC TREATMENT HAS BEEN MENTIONED TO ALEX'S FAMILY TO DATE of his email to me, 6-28-09

[ 07-05-2009, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Betty!

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shelly23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shelly23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what do they think she has?? They hinted before that it was not ALS.....

--------------------
Shelly
~ IGM~Positive
CDC Positive
23-25 +
31+++
34++
41+

I am a Dreamer, Believer, and Conquer; I will overcome this disease !!!

Posts: 382 | From Alabama Via PA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement