LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Luvdogs....C-Section Complications

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Luvdogs....C-Section Complications
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An update.....Sara has had some serious complications from her C-Section.

She has been retaining an inordinate amount of fluid. Today they discovered fluid pockets had formed under her incision. They had to remove the staples and leave her incision wide open.

It is packed with wet, sterile gauze and has to be changed twice a day. Her abdomen is basically sliced wide open.

They are planning to discharge her home tomorrow with Visiting Nurse coming to change the dressing once a day and are telling her she has to do it herself or have someone else do it the second time.

This is not feasible. It is a huge, wide open incision and she is still so swollen she could not possibly reach it herself; she can't even see it. She does not have anyone in her family to do it. This is not a small cut to be cleaned.

I suggested she get a home health aide as she won't even be able to shower now. This will take weeks to heal. Tomorrow we plan to advocate hard for nursing to come and change the dressing twice daily, and for a home health aide. I'm sure this will be an insurance nightmare.

She is feeling very defeated today. She has had a HORRIBLE experience with this birth from start to finish, and it seems like the nightmare that will never end. I even broke down in tears today and had to leave the room.

I'm sure she would love cards and well wishes. Also if anyone is interested I am going to try and help her register on Babys R Us today. She never had a shower or anything; she was so afraid of something going wrong with him.

I am going to give Sara's address to BettyG and if anyone wants to send her well wishes, please pm her for it. Again, I cannot tell you how much cards and support mean to her right now.

On the bright side, Liam is doing GREAT. He is beautiful, happy, content, and hardly ever cries. He is a very low maintenance baby so far.

Pictures are on my Facebook page (Tracy Hamer Will) and on www.lymefriends.com. I am going to plan to continue to stay with her for a while. Her mother has asked me to; today she said my aerobed will fit at the foot of Sara's bed, and she is going to let Cody come, too.

Tomorrow is Cody's birthday so I am desperately hoping someone will drive him down here either tonight or tomorrow and leave him with me. Sara will be going to her parents, who have a house on the beach, so Cody will be in heaven. I can put off all my doctor appts, etc and probably stay a week, anyway.

Phew. This is really quite an ordeal. Sara really needs your support now.....this incision thing has been a HUGE blow. I'm sure everything will be okay.....but in the meantime she needs all the support she can get.

Thanks everyone!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please give my best wishes to Sara Tracy.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, this is awful.

I'm so glad Sara has an advocate.

[group hug]

Hugs, Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is now registered on Babies R Us and Target; I am trying to cheer her up by helping her pick out things for the baby. She was too afraid to do anything like this before he was born.

Again, BettyG has all the info!

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

You can also get her registry and address info from Evan, MerryGirl, Lymednva, or luluhaslyme.

--------------------

tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has to be such a nightmare for Sara. I struggle just thinking that the hospital would even release her in this type of condition.

Thank you for keeping us updated Tracy and also for being there for her.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snailhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snailhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I will pray for Sara also. I am sorry this has happened; we all want to be at our best when we bring home baby.

As an aside, I had the same thing happen to my c-sect; it got infected and ruptured at home. Same packing, open wound, etc. It is managable, but she definately needs (if poss) a nurse to come and do it. God bless you Sara.

Posts: 374 | From United States | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, oh no!! not another problem!! sara, you are in my prayers that this can be remedied SOON and that you can start back recovering from your 5 day ordeal of giving birth to liam!

tracy,

YOUR PM BOX IS FULL HERE! [Smile] please clean some out ok. but here is what i would have sent but will post on yuor post. betty

yes, i'll help sara! i've combined all 3 of your posts to me about this so all info is in 1 place.

i see i have 1 pm so far on this, so will start sending her info out now.

nice that you took the time to be with her; were you friends before this or that lyme just brought you 2 together.

tell her hi for me and wishing her the best to come of a HEALTHY baby boy! [Smile] hugs/kisses to her/family...

if you have NOT posted any photos on lymenet, please DO for many like me that don't want to join another board! ************************************

i'm on this one too many hours helping folks as is.

thanks for understanding. hugs

bettyg, iowa lyme activist

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give my best wishes to Sara.Please take care, you need some more days extensive rest.
The hospitals send us home too early. Take care with lifting.
I had a very uncomplicated c-section but even then the first week after the surgery and the work with the new born is too much for the mother.
Karen

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Thank you Betty, no we were not friends before; we met here on Lymenet!

I think she will need help for at least a month if not six weeks, so I told her we will work on a schedule in the next few days. I can stay a week with no problems, and her mom is very open to Cody coming with me.

Lymednva has offered to come out at the end of the month, so that is great. Hopefully she can stay a week or close to it.

Sara does have tons of area friends, but of course they all work. Her parents are elderly and her sister has a five month old herself.

There is no way she can care for this baby round the clock in this condition. Thank you Betty for coordinating this; as it turns out Sara was so afraid her baby wouldn't actually arrive that she did not buy anything to prepare for him!

Dad will be on his way here soon, too, should arrive within a few days.

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Betty, I would gladly post pics here on Lymenet if I knew how!!!

Anyone here who also belongs to Lymefriends and DOES know how, please feel free to copy and post some pics!

It doesn't work on this board the same way and it's over my head!!!

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

tracy, thx for feedback; hope 1 of your lyme friends will take you up on suggestion and post here for us on her post here.

best wishes to all involved. sara's dad is on his way there; did i understand that right?

2 folks have contacted me to date; info sent [Smile] later

Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Sara!

I hope you get to doing better soon!

Stupid doctors--I sincerely hope these complications aren't from letting labor go for 5 days!

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geez

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I-just-read-at-Lyme-friends-that-they're-kicking-Luvs-out-of-the-hospital-today-and-nothing-has-been-resolved-concerning-the-open-draining-wound.

...no-arrangements-have-been-made-for-Home-Health-visits-either.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tracy,

tell sara i mailed a package of boys outfits today to her; look for it mon. or tues. due to july 4th holiday.

12 mo. clothing since liam is over 9 lbs. already ....
hshbmom...thanks for update on sara; no health care at all!!

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy's-update-Thursday-7-2-09-at-8:00am-Eastern:

(copied-&-pasted-with-some-names-changed)

Fin, thanks for always reminding me to take care of myself. I really appreciate that.

My-husband and youngest-son arrived late last night and slept over. It was great to see them, and my-son will be staying on with me.

I stayed up all night with the baby. It was his first night home and we didn't know what to expect. Not too hard for me, if I don't take my sleep meds I can't sleep. So once everyone is up and going, I'll take them and sleep all day.

Actually I'll probably wait a couple more hours since Sara goes in for the wound vac at 9:00, so I'm sure I'll need to watch the baby while she is gone.

She got a good night's sleep last night, uninterrupted for the first time in a very long time. Liam woke up twice to feed.

As far as what she needs, there are things on her registry she definitely needs right away. She is NOT a shopper, so I dont' foresee her running out and getting them!

The things she needs most right now would be nursing pads, nursing bras, pacifiers, baby wipes (she has NONE), nipple creams, and some of the baby care / bath type items.

One of the things she wants most is the little cosleeper thing that goes on the bed, but it is around $50. She does have lots of friends.

I wish she had registered earlier because now she has a TON of the long sleeved sleepers and lots of undershirts.....but hardly any bibs, blankets, receiving blankets, only 3 summer outfits, no pacifiers, no wipes, ....she has lots of hats, socks, and plenty of newborn diapers. She does not seem to have any bassinette sheets at all, nor crib sheets. No little necessities like nail clippers, bottle brush, and all those little things.

Wow, it just started to pour and thunderstorm here. Thank you so much to anyone who has been so kind as to send her a gift. She has gotten an abundance of gifts from friends that all seem to be the same thing; long sleeved onesie type sleepers and t-shirts.

Please don't anyone spend money they don't have; I'm sure it will all work out in the end!

OH, and her parents are very nice and it is very comfy and easy to be here. Within ten minutes it felt like home. My-son was hugging her mother and calling her "Grandma Lou" in no time, and asking for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I think he thinks he has finally found the long lost family we don't have!!!

Tracy-thanks-for-the-updates!

We-sure-appreciate-them.

Hang-in-there-Sara,-we're-praying-for-your-speedy-recovery.

[ 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: hshbmom ]

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Tracy's-update-from-Wednesday-7-1-09-at-8:00pm-Eastern

(LymednVA-is-going-to-help-take-care-of-Sara)

Diva you are so awesome!!! Sara's family CANNOT believe people from LymeFriends are coming by train and by plane to come take care of Sara.

Latest update: We are home at Sara's parent's beach house. Sara's wound is the most horrific thing I have ever had to witness in my life. It looks like something straight off of Grey's Anatomy. OMG. I don't know how they think we could have taken care of that, but her mother looked at me and said, "we would have."

The plan changed when Sara and I told them NO WAY could she be expected to do this herself. So now she goes to a wound care center tomorrow where they are putting in a "wound vac." I guess it is like a vacuum that will be taped into the wound and it will drain into a cannister. It will always be attached.

Visiting nurse will come twice a week and she will go to the wound care center once a week. They said without this, the wound would have taken six to eight weeks to heal, now it should heal in four weeks.

In respect to the perspective about a new mother wanting to be alone with her baby; Sara is just not able to do that. She cannot get up by herself, is in excruciating pain and completely exhausted. She needs round the clock care herself and will for weeks. She cannot shower or even get to the bathroom alone.

The baby continues to be a dream. He is very low maintenance, sleeps a lot and only cries when he is hungry. I got busy going through all the baby clothes, taking them out of packaging and washing them. I am trying to organize them and set them up in the closet in an orderly fashion. Of course after about two hours of this I have flopped on the bed and crashed.

It is amazing to Sara and her family that Morgan and Lymednva are coming; and David will be here soon too. I am anxiously waiting for Cody to get here, today is his birthday!!!

Sara and her family are VERY grateful for the help and realize how much they need it.

[ 07-02-2009, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: hshbmom ]

luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody! Thank you so much for your support. I just do not know what to say and am awestruck by what wonderful people we have here. I have not been reading nor responding to anything bc I have been not very functional.

However, the truth is, just getting out of that horrible hospital yesterday is making all of the difference in the world!

I am feeling positive and like I am turning the corner. I have had no pain today and slept great thanks to Tracy. She has been a dream and I could not ask for a more supportive friend! I cannot believe what she has been up to wrt helping me. I finally surrendered and let her do whatever bc I simply had no energy to contest anything.

She is right that is has been one of the most horrible experiences in my life, second to my earlier days with Lyme. I am happy to be alive right now. I am so happy to have friends and the support system that I have.

I am also happy to have the most beautiful baby in the world and I can say that this has all been worth it.

Please, everybody, do not worry about me. I am through the worst of it and I feel everything changing. The color in my face is coming back and so is my strength etc.

I have wonderful friends and family and everybody is here to help and we are all doing this together. My sister is staying here too with 5 month old baby and between us all we are getting a system down! It will not happen overnight but it seems to be happening already - which is overnight!

Betty and lymed and hshb, star, teepatrol, snail, lauren, tid, carol... thank you all so much!!!

Oh, and the doctor today said that the wound would heal in no time. They said it was beautiful and not infected looking at all, and that the wound vac would prevent infection and make it heal so much easier! And yes, this is mostly bc of them not doing the c-section earlier than they did but we will deal with that later.

I will keep you all posted and don't you worry about me bc I am almost there!!!

luvdogs

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tracy:

The things she needs most right now would be nursing pads...

She does not seem to have any bassinet sheets at all, nor crib sheets.

I tried several, and found that Sears disposable nursing pads were best.
They tapered to a thin edge, so that they were not visible under clothing.

You can use your own nail clippers for baby.
The "baby" ones are very small, and more difficult to handle.
Wait until he's asleep to trim his nails.

A king size pillow case is perfectly sized for a bassinet.
I bought a couple in blue, and right away realized I should have just gotten white, as I was bleaching the laundry baby had spit up on.

If you are willing to do laundry every three days, you can keep using the same things over and over.

Carol

p.s. Hi Sara! [hi]

We were posting at the same time!

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

hshbmom,

THANKS FOR UPDATES!

tell sara, i sent 6 summer outfits that are mix n match, 9 months old since he's a 9 lbs!! should be there mon. or tues. due to july 4th; mailed yesterday!

so glad so many of you are going to help this lyme member with her new son! GOD BLESSED HER WHEN SHE MET YOU ALL who are giving so much for her fulltime care! [group hug] [kiss]

Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could help by being there.

I would love to hold and take care of a newborn again.

Sending prayers and whatever else may be needed.

Kiss both the Mommy and the new baby for me please.

The greatest people with the biggest hearts are here.

I am so proud to call them my friends too.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this post until now. Thank God for all of you who have been looking after Sara and baby Liam [Smile] What a blessing and answer to prayer you are.

Now that I am aware of the situation I will definitely keep Sara, Liam, and all her caregiver friends in my prayers. Please keep updating on her condition so that I can pray specifically.

I'm so relieved to hear that she is using a wound vac and will have nursing care supervised by a wound care center. This is THE way to go when you have gaping wounds as she does. Sara will heal so much faster, less risk of further complications, and better closure in the end.

Most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS to Sara! Enjoy every second with your new miracle boy, baby Liam [Smile] Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Posted-on-LF-by-Luvdogs-an-hour-ago
(copied-&-pasted-here):

Ok I have another moment.

Fin you have made some great points wrt antibiotics etc. I am on a lot of abx currently and we did have the placenta and cord and cord blood sent out for testing. Hopefully that will cover those bases for now at least. But the breast milk is a good idea.

Tracy is still sleeping! She has been sleeping since about 9 this morning and it is now about 7. I am tempted to wake her up but I think she needs about 11 hours of sleep so I will wait or not at all. I think she is exhausted!

Her son is having a great time here. It is not exactly a "beach house", but it is on the water but is their year round house. A wonderful place for healing and they are enjoying it here a lot.

Regaring the chemical sensitivites - Firstly, none of you need to be getting me any presents!! just having your support and love means everything in the world to me. And the endless advice from everybody. It has helped me more than I can ever express and since I was running out of energy and feeling crappy in the later days of the pregnancy, even then I started to not be able to correspond with people enough to let you know how much your support means!

Now, with that being said, if you are going to be stubborn and drop me a little gift, which is completely unnecessary, it is mostly the blatant perfumes and scented items, like I said above-(that-other-me). I am not doing to badly with fabrics etc that outgas these days - and if I am, usually washing and airing out takes care of it. I go through different phases of my sensitivites.

Sometimes I am allergic to every single thing in the world and sometimes almost nothing phases me. Probably right now bc I still have a lot of my pregnancy anti-inflammatory hormones going it is not as bad.

However, at different phases of my pregnancy I was more allergic to everything than I have ever experienced. Just not currently. Mostly right now it is meds and it is mostly paradoxical reactions vs. true allergies.

Anyway, for now I just want to thank you all from LF so much. Hummingbird and Hoosies and carol and dnva and hshb and SDP and Leslie and Fin and Cave and everybody that I am forgetting right now.

I will keep you all posted and I miss you all and hope you are doing well. I just got the word that the vacuum comes in tomorrow and will be "installed" at 11 a.m. [Smile] I have good hopes that this will really expedite the healing.

My swelling in my legs and everywhere is already substantially decreasing and that is a good sign. That bodes very well for the wound bc it is the extra fluid retention that is exacerbating the wound.

Ok, must run...
xoxoxxxoox
luvdogs sara

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell Sara I said hi! I'm so sorry this is happening to her!!!

So glad to hear that Liam is doing well! What a blessing!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Sara-is-reading-here.

She-posted-above-today.

bettyg
Unregistered

many of us missed luvdog/sar's post above so just copying it here so the latest can see it IF they don't read them all like our precious member/friend kam [Smile]

02-07-2009 02:18 PM Profile for luvdogs Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Hi everybody! Thank you so much for your support. I just do not know what to say and am awestruck by what wonderful people we have here. I have not been reading nor responding to anything bc I have been not very functional.

However, the truth is, just getting out of that horrible hospital yesterday is making all of the difference in the world!

I am feeling positive and like I am turning the corner. I have had no pain today and slept great thanks to Tracy. She has been a dream and I could not ask for a more supportive friend! I cannot believe what she has been up to wrt helping me. I finally surrendered and let her do whatever bc I simply had no energy to contest anything.

She is right that is has been one of the most horrible experiences in my life, second to my earlier days with Lyme. I am happy to be alive right now. I am so happy to have friends and the support system that I have.

I am also happy to have the most beautiful baby in the world and I can say that this has all been worth it.

Please, everybody, do not worry about me. I am through the worst of it and I feel everything changing. The color in my face is coming back and so is my strength etc.

I have wonderful friends and family and everybody is here to help and we are all doing this together. My sister is staying here too with 5 month old baby and between us all we are getting a system down! It will not happen overnight but it seems to be happening already - which is overnight!

Betty and lymed and hshb, star, teepatrol, snail, lauren, tid, carol... thank you all so much!!!

Oh, and the doctor today said that the wound would heal in no time. They said it was beautiful and not infected looking at all, and that the wound vac would prevent infection and make it heal so much easier! And yes, this is mostly bc of them not doing the c-section earlier than they did but we will deal with that later.

I will keep you all posted and don't you worry about me bc I am almost there!!!

luvdogs

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Betty, thank you SO much for sending her some summer outfits!!! That is great because the poor little guy really only has about three summer outfits, and I 'm sure he will be needing them!

Everyone has been so great, Sara is going to be touched and excited when she starts receiving gifts. Can you imagine not having a baby shower for your first baby?

I'm trying to figure out how to pass the word to her friends outside of the Lyme World that she has registered; was able to get word out to David and his mom.

You guys are great!!!

--------------------

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
luvs I am so glad that you are getting better. Kudos to the lyme angels that are helping..May your recovery be speedy. lymemomtooo
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Tracy posted this on LF 5 hours ago:

HI everyone,

It's about 6 am and I have had a good night with Liam. He only woke up once to feed, about 3:45 a.m,. I think he is going to be a dream and very easy baby for Sara, which she totally deserves at this point!!!!

I am having so much fun washing and playing with organizing all the baby clothes. Then I read this:

"I finally surrendered and let her do whatever bc I simply had no energy to contest anything."

OK Sara, I hope this is a good thing! My take is she really needed some help and is not inclined to ask for it, fiercely independent woman that she is....but we ALL need help when we have a baby!

I slept until 10 pm.....about 12 hours, which I am sorry to say is about what I need these days. So Sara and I are ships that pass in the night. I got some laundry done for her family and more baby clothes folded. I have to figure out how to sneak in some daytime duty so I can play dress up with Liam and all his cute clothes.

I woke up to an immediate emergency with Cody, who almost died, but I'll put that in another thread. I think I have finally stopped shaking.

Cody really misses me because I was gone for days then sleeping the entire day. He woke me up several times but I (as I always do when disturbed from my "lyme coma") sent him packing. After I told him I'd send him home if he woke me up again, he listened.

He seems to be having a blast and adores Sara's family as much as he adores Sara. He loves Hillary and "Grandma Lou,", and played today with a neighbor girl outside. They built a fort in the beach grass. When I got up I did a tick check (I must admit, he tried to wake me up to do one earlier) and sent him in the shower. He is very happy to be here and I am happy to have him outside, around people, and away from the constant TV and video game playing that happens non stop at home.

Grandma Lou even got Cody to eat meatloaf with spinach in it! What a feat. Sara's mother is an absolute riot!

Soon I'll be off to bed; going to try and upload some new pictures first.

bettyg
Unregistered

thanks for the recent update above!! glad things are going well; but sorry to hear about cody's terrible scare.

thanks to sara's quick reactions, cody was SAVED!

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Posted by Tracy 15 minutes ago:

I tried not to put too many duplicates on the list,. and the things you see several of, she has nothing of. Surprising how fast you go through washclothes and burp cloths in a day! Sorry if it looks like overkill.

Okay, and that little thingy you put over his pee pee when you are doing a diaper change just moved to the top of the list. Blake just came out of the changing room doing a deliriously crazy dance hysterically laughing. I immediately knew Liam had just peed all over Sara.

Nursing bras on Target registry are also desperately needed. She has no burp cloths at all; and only about 3 receiving blankets. HIs nickname "Burrito Baby" comes from how he likes to always be swaddled like a little burrito.

Ahh David, the joys you have to look forward to!!! You'd better get here in time for his first bath!!! AND before the belly button falls off!!! Cody already got the joy of giving him his first bottle. And I think I have the honor of being "First Pooped on."

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Tracy just posted:

Sara will be coming on to give a full update later; but the wound pump turned out to be a nightmare. She had to have it pulled.

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

quote:
Originally posted by Tracy:

She has no burp cloths at all...

I found that using a prefolded cloth diaper for a burp cloth was excellent.

I also laid one down under baby's head when sleeping.
It was easier to change that, than to change the crib sheet when he spit up.

The prefolded cloth diapers are several layers, stitched together, and very absorbent.

Example:
http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-12-Pack-Prefold-Birdseye-Diapers/dp/B001O7ESYW/ref=pd_sbs_ba_3

If you do a search for cloth diapers at Amazon, you can read many reviews where people just love them as burp cloths, even when they use disposable diapers.

I also lay one under baby when I was nursing in bed, so that if he had a loose poop, and it leaked, it wouldn't get on the sheet.

My younger son didn't have a "blankie," but he clutched one of these at bedtime.
I could replace it with a clean one, without any fuss.

Carol

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Tracy sent me a photo of Sara's wound. It looks pretty good considering...

The wound must be at least 10 inches wide, maybe 12 inches wide...and is gaping open at least 1".

How common is this after a c-section?

Tracy9
Member # 7521

It is also a good inch or more deep. I don't know if you can tell that by the picture.

I am no longer at Sara's house. I am worried about her.

--------------------

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Tracy, why are you worried? ...anything in particular? ...the wound?
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Just worried about her resting enough and having enough help in order to heal.

--------------------

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there Monday, early afternoon.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

I think merrygirl is planning to go over today.

VA, you're a God send.

[ 07-05-2009, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: hshbmom ]

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Hi Sara, how are you and Liam?
luvdogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvdogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your love and support and the presents that keep rolling in! I don't know how to thank you all. I will thank you individually as I have more energy and free time to be able to do so, but for now, you know who you are! But regardless, I feel the love and support from all of you here. Every time I try and come online Liam wants me for something or any other number of things.

Also thank you for those that have offered to come help out and who have helped out. I again am speechless about it all.

And thank Tracy for keep everybody posted on things and for helping me so much in a time of need.

I feel so fortunate to know you all I don't even know what to say or how to thank you all!

I have to go for now bc Liam is crying but I will try and talk more soon! But in the meantime I am recovering well and getting more energy every day.

Love,
Luvdogs

Posts: 588 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

sara,

good to hear directly from you; liam is going to get spoiled fast i see [Smile] lol

glad you are doing better each day and ALL the lymenet help you have been getting! uffda ... that's what friends are for [Smile] hugs/kisses

hshbmom
Member # 9478

randibear asked on her thread above if Sara was registered at WalMart.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/22576

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Babies R Us and Target

Sara Ryan and David Bruce
Warwick, RI

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Just want to post a quick update that David arrived last night. He is staying in Sara's apartment while she continues to stay at her parent's house for now.

They took Liam out shopping with them today and he did very well. He has gone from his birth weight of nine pounds one ounce to nine pounds fourteen ounces already.....David said he is a little piggy. Sara taught David how to change diapers and David bought some real fancy baby monitoring systems, including one that monitors Liam's heart rate and breathing, etc while he sleeps!!!

Daddy and baby Liam bonded very nicely today! David sounds very happy and told me that his son is the most important thing in his life. He told me he sang to Liam today and it quieted him right down. It sounds like he and Sara are already off to a great start with co-parenting.

I can't wait to see David and think I will be given a visitor's pass next week. I miss Liam so much! And Sara too!!!

They are thrilled and grateful for the gifts and Sara said they plan to get started on setting up the nursery. Blake and I will go to help (some help we'll be....but hey, I can always lay down and hold the baby!)

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

tracy, thx for latest update on liam, sara, and david

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement