LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » keebler

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: keebler
ticked-offinNc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticked-offinNc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you alright? I noticed your abscence, and I am hoping you are sitting in a quiet treehouse on a turquoise lake.
Posts: 261 | From Piedmont | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed too OffinNC. I hope that she is ok. I have been missing her wisdom.

FF

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler's last post was on 7/3. I hope she is OK.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i emailed her at home; if/when i hear from her, i'll let you all know too.

she is addicted her like me so for her to be off 1 week is unbelievable!!

she was going to take vacation after i was off 7-10 days; couldn't last 1 day ... had to get back on helping folks! that's how dedicated our dear keebler is! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree - she's really a blessing.

I'm keeping her in my thoughts.

Thanks Betty, for trying to track her down!

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticked-offinNc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticked-offinNc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Betty. Been a little worrried, so I appreciate your help.xoxoxoxo
Posts: 261 | From Piedmont | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Betty, i'm glad to hear that Keebler's OK [Smile]
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler has asked me to let you know that her computer is down. She thanks you all very much for caring.

She doesn't know what is wrong with it and won't have the money for repairs until hopefully sometime in August.

She has an imac G5. It won't turn on. She was told it could be a capacitor.

There is a troubleshooting procedure that we might try to go through shortly to see if we can determine the problem.

I'll be sure to come back and post if I find out anything more.

I can't find the post in medical so maybe it was removed?

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw thanks Terry. I was really getting worried. I thought thqt maybe the noise from the 4th sent Keebler into a seziure of epic proportions or something!

So glad that she is ok. Hope you two can resolve this issue together.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

feelfit, july 4th did bring her seizures ....

keebler wrote me sometime today and said she talked to terry, who god bless her, lives in same city !!!

she told me same thing terry posted above...

terry, what post are you referring to in medical??

thx for posting; i would have posted her comments otherwise [Smile]

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are welcome feelfit. [Smile]

Betty - there was a post in medical asking where keebler went. It is gone now.

Keebler's computer is working but don't know how long it will work. She vacuumed it and it just started working. She said it wasn't very dusty so my guess is that the problem is sporadic and will have to be dealt with at some point.

I know she was busy yesterday trying to catch up on some very important work she needed to do on her computer. I'm sure she will post when she is able.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

terry,

when i looked at Q/A found on home forum, it showed there were TWO separate ones posted.

must have got buried on page 2 or 3 by now in medical since that is the busiest of boards.

thanks for update on keebler [Smile] xox

feelfit
Member # 12770

The other post was in Medical (Seekhelp) it is now in General as well, look down the page.

FF

ticked-offinNc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15420

Thank you for the update. Is there some way we can help her get her computer repaired? August seems so far away!
TerryK
Member # 8552

I just talked to keebler. Her computer is not working today. Won't turn on. We may work on troubleshooting today or Thursday.

ticked-offinNC - We don't know what's wrong with her computer but I think she said when she talked to the repair people they said it would cost possibly a couple hundered bucks to get it fixed.

Once we do the troubleshooting we will hopefully have some idea what needs to be replaced.

Terry

ticked-offinNc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15420

thank you Terry.I can chip in a little bit. Would like to help somehow.
feelfit
Member # 12770

me too, if Keebler would allow.
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think everyone here could easily chip in $1-$2 to fix Keebler's computer. [Smile] For all she does for people, it's a no brainer. Her advice has probably helped / saved many lives here truly!
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

yes, i'll chip in...

i also thought of an idea and sending it privately to someone who might be able to help.

i'll keep you informed of this idea of mine [Smile] xox

TerryK
Member # 8552

How sweet of you guys to offer. I'll mention it to keebler and see what she says. I'll let you know after we troubleshoot tomorrow.

Terry

bettyg
Unregistered

terry,

i just sent keebler a regular email; try those tips that i got from someone else ok!!

you can pm me if you wish about the other and keebler's reaction ok! [Smile] hugs/kisses

TerryK
Member # 8552

I read your messages to keebler. She was very touched and wanted me to thank you all for thinking of her.

Looks like the computer will likely have to be put out to pasture. From the looks of it, the board has to be replaced and that is 400-500. [Frown]

Betty - She couldn't get the e-mail that you sent because she can't get on the computer. Can you PM me with whatever you are thinking of please?

Terry

bettyg
Unregistered

terry, i just send you a pm full of comments about my idea & feedback from another member [Smile] hugs
feelfit
Member # 12770

hope that keebler had all of her files backed up!

Will she allow us to do a friendly little collection to get her a new machine?

FF

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can easily buy another g5 iMac for that price on e bay, I get my macs from the Apple store online, the refurb ones have a new machine warranty, they cost more than $500 but they're state of the art ones that'll last for another bunch of years.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticked-offinNc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15420

Im ready to make a donation. What do you think Terry?
TerryK
Member # 8552

I talked to keebler late yesterday afternoon. She fell and injured her foot and is not able to be up and about.

She has been thinking about her options regarding the computer but what with the foot injury, the computer issue has had to take a backseat.

She said she is actually enjoying her time away from the computer for now. She asked me to extend her deepest gratitude to all of you for your kind and generous offer but she feels she must decline for the time being because she is just not up to the task of dealing with getting another computer at the moment.

Thank you guys so much for caring.

Terry

bettyg
Unregistered

terry,

thanks so much for the update on keebler.

uffda, i feel for you falling and hurting your foot! painful ... ICE IT GOOD then heat in days to follow.

to glad terry lives near you to come and see you and tell you that you've been on ALL OUR MINDS & PRAYERS for healing now your foot and eventually having a running pc, etc.

keebler enjoy your time off that you/i talked privately awhile back when i was off my 7-10 days here [Smile]

we miss you; but rejuvenate yourself again tiger ... love ya dearly,
bettyg, iowa [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

up for keebler's friends to read terry's latest post on her pc being done until august .... 1 mo. $$$
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We miss you Keebler! I'm so sorry to hear you hurt yourself! I hope you are on the mend quickly.

I hope that you have a very good vacation from your self-imposed duties here, but please know how much we all appreciate all of your kindness, caring and support that you offer up so selflessly here.

I miss seeing you around, but I know you needed a break - it's just too bad it took you hurting your foot and losing your computer to finally be able to take one [Wink]

Good luck Keebler - I hope everything gets fixed/better as soon as possible.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I would like to contribute to the fund.

Keebler is a huge asset to this board. I hope she is feeling better.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

terry will be talking to keebler about $$ in the future; she and i will keep you up to date IF/when a collection will be done for this wonderful, talented, giving member who works so hard FOR ALL OF US! hugs

keebler, we miss you so much; but i hope you are enjoying some of the wonders around you. xoxox betty

TerryK
Member # 8552

I talked to keebler yesterday. She has a broken foot.

She said she misses everyone. I read her your messages and she said it makes her feel good to know that some feel that she has helped them.

She wanted me to thank you all for your thoughts and intentions and offers of support but she feels she needs to wait awhile before dealing with the computer issue.

She said her foot needs to be elevated and she feels like right now she needs a rest and some time away. She feels it will be good to give her nervous system and hands a rest for a time.

She said she's been trying to take a break on spending for purposes of decreasing her footprint on the earth and this gives her an opportunity to do that for awhile.

She said she will be exploring options but she's not sure when. She said she would consider this an experiement for now and play it by ear as to how long she could manage without.

Hopefully her break will renew her and we will see her back here before long, feeling a lot better.

Terry

bettyg
Unregistered

terry, thanks for the update on our precious friend, keebler!! [Smile] hugs/kisses
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Hi, Everyone.

Thanks so much for your kind words.

I can't say that I'm back on line as I have to make some serious adjustments to how I do things and the time off computer has been enlightening about the toll it takes on my body and brain.

First, though, I want to acknowledge your messages. Very touching, indeed.

Since I've not composed a sentence in a couple months - and just after two days of a few emails and reacquainting myself with keyboard, my hands are just screaming - my feet, too, as it's hard to keep them elevated and maintain good posture in my office chair.

But, mostly, my brain seems simply not to be able to handle the lure of the computer. The first night it came back from the shop, I could not get to sleep until 2 a.m. due to the Expresso Effect on my brain.

Yesterday, day two back in this relationship, I got the Earthquake Effect again. Ahhh.

My attention span has never been great but when the computer crashed and I actually had to get my life in order around here, I could not even cook my eggs without severe trouble. It took two months to be able to manage a few simple tasks, staying on task.

With just two days now with computer back, I'm back to sitting down during tasks as to rest and just do this or that - and then all energy is gone.

So, I still have various projects that I simply must attend to if I am every to go out of my apt. again - mending clothes and managing some sort of presentable appearance is a chore, indeed.

So, I will try to focus. The fact that it took me eleven hours to sort 2 book shelves in my little closet/den the other day is simply alarming. I did nothing else but rest, staying on task when up and, still, all I had to show for a long day: 2 organized shelves.

But, rather than have all this have me running back to computer as the one place I seem to have some energy for - it is clear that I have to be very disciplined about it.

I can not yet read much fiction but have enjoying finishing a few short stories. For me, as long as I use computer, I don't seem to be able to have an attention span long enough for a short story - or even for cooking an egg.

And, then there is the matter with simply being overwhelmed with the task at hand with sharing information that I may have come across that may be of help. Just in browsing a few posts, I see several that I could reply to - but to hunt and sort and copy and paste the key parts of research is just more than I can physically do right now.

Just as with a broken bone in the foot, moving it retards healing . . . I have to find out just how to treat my hands. Pushing through the pain does not seem to be wise at this point.

And. . . there is the matter of finally getting to my best method of winning. My rife has been sitting unused for long time. I did use it some for my foot but the noise is just so loud for me.

I have been trying to sort through the heavy metal part that must accompany the lyme treatment with rife. It may as well be college calculus. So much there to figure out. But that is my main focus now.

About the computer - thanks for all the concern and desire to help. In the scope of the world events, my being w/o a computer would not even make the radar screen. It has been an interesting experience, even aside from the physical/cognitive effects I've noticed. I was struck (nearly literally) with some emotional effects, too, but those waves got easier.

Being mostly apt-bound and with very little contact with others, I did feel very cut off but Thank God and Goddess for PBS. Even during the day in our market, they run travel shows, home repair shows, cooking shows. I have learned a lot in the hours that I could not move. But even that gets very old quickly.

One of the best things is that my body did get to a sense of stillness with which the computer seems to interfere - for me. Sadly, that was often shattered on days when I had to use the phone to get information about anything. Even when I asked customer service folks to speak very quietly, most of the time, they simply refused or did not get it. I should just Velcro the phone to my hand as it sure went flying a lot from the auditory assaults. So did I. So, the computer will help me avoid phone seizures and, for that, I am very grateful to have it back.

Pretty much figuring this out on my own, the computer will still be immensely helpful but I'm trying to schedule when I will be on it - and making a list of what I will look up when I am, rather than just turning it on everything I think of a question. Oh, but now I see how my plans get tossed aside. With a team of leaf blowers just getting started off the back deck, it is this little closet/den that offers a bit of diversion with noise takes all muscle tone from my body. Oy, Vey, eh?

I would like to thank Apple for their generosity in extending the warranty and fixing major problems with my Mac. I would not have been able to get another computer or repair this were it not for them having agreed to honor a legally expired but (to me) still ethical commitment to fix what were bad parts in my particular model.

The kindness of another allowed me to upgrade and antiquated word program. But all this really has me more keenly aware of the economic and environmental burdens of all this technology that is EXPECTED to wear out after just a few years. Even just the cost of computer hookup is worth several days' food. Something seems very wrong with this system and I really feel for families trying to satiate the electronic appetite of teens. But I can't get into all that. I just see so much to fix with the world but I have to get to my breakfast now. And, then, to getting my life in order so that I may still have a chance at some sort decent life.

Cheers and hugs.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Back Keebler!

I missed you and want to send you a big hug too:)

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you have done so much to help people here, and it is appreciated. However, computers can eat up a lot of time, and their use needs to rationed sometimes so other things can get done too, and the soul can be refreshed.

I think lyme activism is like a relay race where people keep handing the torch on to the next runner, so hopefully no one gets burned out.

I know I am guilty of using the computer to avoid doing other things that are difficult or no fun. Got to reform! Use it moderately, I tell myself!

Anyone who is having keebler withdrawal symptoms can check the archives for her many helpful posts.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler,

You have been so greatly missed, but I would much rather know that you are putting your energies into healing yourself right now.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could come back someday as one of the folks who are well? That's what I'm hoping for you...in the meantime...stay off the computer!

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

keebler, my dearest online friend,

YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!! hugs/kisses i've asked terry frequently about you.

thx for the update on yoru pc; so glad apple fixed your problem even though something had expired!!

wow, you have so many challenges that i don't think you spoke often about; you were just this walking encyclopedia of info....

TO ALL READING THIS, please do NOT use any MOVING icons to send replies to keebler ... they cause her seizures!!

i found that out the hard way so wanted to alert others so you don't unintentionally cause her to get more; thx for reading ....

good to read what you have been doing since your absence and foot problems and hands; uffda; i feel for you.

so glad you posted; i've behaved myself and not emailed you privately. when you were ready, you'd peek your head in here saying hello.

welcome back keebler !! hugs/kisses

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Keebler,

Welcome back! As you can see you have been very missed. Sounds like you received much needed help with your computer. Sending you healing thoughts and energy,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back, Keebler - yes, it's important to take care of you too. I also was without a computer and had time to get some other things done - we gotta keep some semblance of a balance btn online and the rest of life...
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler's back!

Yayyy!

[Smile]

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Thanks, everyone.

While I'd hoped not to be on computer much, I'm hopping all over reading today. It's hot here and the AC noise has me sequestered in my closet/den - and I really love learning but, oh, my . . . there is so much to learn.

Hey, for anyone wanting access to some of my threads of compiled information or links, a bunch of them are here at Treepatrol's Newbie thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/29917/4?

about 7/8 of the way down the page, there are a couple of posts with many of my threads.

-

[ 09-12-2009, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement