LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Feeling Blue -- Missed My Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling Blue -- Missed My Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen my parents in 2 years. Haven't gone anywhere except for hubby's LLMD appointments.

Hubby crashed after his last LLMD appointment the first of July. Doing a little better, but just not up to traveling the 5 1/2 hours to visit my parents in West Virginia.

My 2 brothers and sister are having a small reception in the church basement for my parents to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary. Nothing fancy, but would have liked to be there.

I feel even worse since dad just sent me the money to get the brakes repaired on our car.

Wish now I had gone home a couple of months ago when hubby was doing probably the best he had been in 8 years since he got sick.

Oh well, will try again to get home in the fall since we don't have air conditioning in the car. Dad is an old time farmer who hardly ever leaves home and mom doesn't drive so I won't be able to see them until we can make the trip.

Happy Anniversary Robert and Joy Bourn (my parents)!

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

you are doing the best you can. I'm sure if your parents have as good a heart as you do then they understand.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bea~ I'm sorry you had to miss that.

I missed my daughters 30th birthday party this past April.

She's about 7 hrs. away and I just could not make the trip.

It broke my heart that I felt too sick to go.

I so know how you feel. Rest easy knowing you are not alone in your missing your family.

Happy Anniversary to your parents and prayers for you and your husband.

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry that your husband isn't feeling well.

I know what it is like to miss.

I've missed many of my small children's milestones.

Know that the time you do spend doesn't have to be a "big" occasion.

Each time you get together should be a celebration of love.

Hoping you get to celebrate soon.

Your parents understand. That is how their marriage lasted this long.

Send them congrats from me please.

That is truly remarkable.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

Happy 50th Anniversary Robert and Joy Bourn !!
As a salute to you, let's all toot our horns.

50 years ago your marriage was born
and throughout the years, you have mourned
the loss of family and friends.

If you were farmers, you raised lots of corn,
and your clothes were well worn
and regularly got torn .....

You both raised a wonderful loving daughter, Bea,
who used to sit upon your knee.

She gives outstanding lyme disease advise without a fee,
it's just FREE !!
Her philosophy to her husband was always WE
and never ME ....

So as you all see,
we at lymenet.org all love YOUR PRECIOUS BEA !!

an original by BettyG [group hug]

To Robert and Joy, here's to many more healthy and happy years of marriage to come.

golly Bea, you were always BB, Bea Bourn!! [Smile]

bea, i forgot to mention, just call them more often; it's hearing their voices & laughter that help sustain us when we physically can't be there.

i hope your family took videos that can share with you, and you will feel like you were there. don't beat yourself up my friend. THEY UNDERSTAND; THEY HAVE GIVEN YOU UNCONDITIONAL LOVE....24/7.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,
Sorry for you and your family that you and hubby couldn't go. Also sorry to hear that he isn't doing better. Praying that you two will catch a break soon and all your hard work will pay off.

Happy anniversary to Robert and Joy Bourn. You raised an awesome daughter. Full of love and intelligence. A force to be reckoned with. LOL

Good idea to call them more often. Not the same but good to hear their voice.

BettyG - very clever.

Bea - I hope you and Steve will have a chance to visit with your parents in person very soon.

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea...

your parents anniversary of 50 years shows that they have been able to keep their commitment and vows to each other for so long...

not easy to do...I congradulate them... [woohoo]

I know how disappointed you must be by not being able to be there....

but you are doing exactly what your parents marriage over the last 50years has shown you...

you are standing by your husband..in good times and in bad...sickness and health....that is what marriage is all about...commitment to those vows you said on your wedding day...

sacrafice...commitment....love...support....
I'm sure your parents are proud of you for this...

[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I am blessed beyond words to have a husband who treats me like you treat your mate.

It's a treasure beyond all measure, and a gift they have given through you. It's the greatest thing a parent can do for a child, and the world.

Be sure to call them often, and stay as connected as much as you can. This is how I have gotten through.

I called my best friend today. I asked her to please chide me to "think positive" again. I used to get upset when she said this when I was so ill.

I had no diagnosis and no treatment and no amount of positive thinking can replace antibiotics when killing off a spirochete.

Now I'm finally on course, but have been getting so very ill. Last weekend I was in the hospital with a kidney infection my primary care doc had refused to treat (no lab signs).

It can be hard when we're in bed, too ill to even get up and watch the world go by.

I know. I have lived this way for years. I have missed so many family events. Being bitten again this year has been the final finale.

At least now I know why I was ill before. SO many of my human connections have been maintained via telephone and PC.

WE're lucky to have these things--and each other.

This is why we're called to be together and see each other through.

Then, when we make it through to the other side of this, we will still return to light the way for others.

Lately, I barely feel up to reading and typing. But I came by to read a little, say hellow, and offer up my support and say "hang in there".

Hugs, Suz

--------------------
"SEVEN LYME FACTS THAT COULD HAVE SAVED ME" VISIT ME AT:

http://www.youtube.com/TickedOffLiterally

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

Happy Anniversary "50" to your Mom and Dad. I feel your sadness at not being there...I feel that I have missed many events in my parents life as well. And the realization that they are getting older doesn't help any.

You are a wonderful wife and I am sure you are just as wonderful to your parents. I am sure that they understand.

Doesn't make it hurt any less, I know.

You amaze me. You are beyond wonderful to your husband. I so appreciate you and the knowledge that you so freely share.

Chin up Bea, better days ahead.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jblral
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jblral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if there is anybody who could stay with your hubby so you could go for a brief visit with your parents? I know from experience that sometimes the caregivers need a break.
Posts: 991 | From California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement