LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » how to cope?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to cope?
lymaid
Member # 21053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I got my western blot back and it is positive for lyme.

Been on antibiotics over 2 weeks now... How do you guys do it? I'm so miserable, I feel like crap more often than not. Almost daily I feel my skin is burning, bottoms of feet, arms, sometimes corners of eyes, I feel tired, miserable. My temp fluctuates in the low 96 degree range. headaches. Still have the neckache from before antibiotics.

Tonight I have chest pains and painful swallowing. I have no sick time left already. I miss eating food with sugar. My llmd said the herxing would last about a week, and I'm going on 2.5...

Where does it end? How do you guys live with this and not hate life? Why did I have to get sick??? I'm so sorry for whining because I know you are all there too....

I just want to turn back time and not go on my trip, not walk in the woods, not get bit by a tick...I want to wake up tomorrow and have had a terrible nightmare that is over.

[ 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: lymaid ]

--------------------
WB IgM 31 ++, 34 +, 39 IND, 41 +, 58 +
WB IgG 34 IND, 39 IND, 41 ++, 58 +

Posts: 23 | From Denver, CO | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you been sick? I have had all of your symptoms and more for over a year now and worsening...

How we do it is unknown, I'm too much of a pussy to take the other way out I guess.

It blows but all that's left is hoping one day to not be enveloped in this disaster so bad.

Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymaid
Member # 21053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been sick only around 4 weeks...I guess that's kind of insignificant compared to so many people.

--------------------

Posts: 23 | From Denver, CO | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymaid
Member # 21053

Reading the forums.....It kills me to read about people whose kids have this. That is just SO effing wrong!!!!

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymaid,

please break up your 1st post into SHORT paragraphs and double space between EACH paragraph; thanks; use my guidelines i sent you ok [Smile]

huge thanks...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wonko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymaid,

I read another comment on this site by a wise member, suggesting to take this one day at a time.

When we start to measure how long we've been sick or how long treatment will take, it can become depressing.

Don't worry about comparing yourself to others. Sure, you're lucky you caught it when you did, but you are still sick, and that still sucks.

Hang in there, and I hope you see improvement soon!

Posts: 455 | From Was in PA, then MD, now in the Midwest | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zebco 33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zebco 33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymaid ~ 4 weeks, 4 months, 4 yrs, 44 yrs with this disease will never make you "insignificant here.

I've learned so much here and realized how different lyme affects everyone.

I do know that whenever I feel overwhlemed or scared there is always someone or more that makes it easier.

When I see people here helping each other, even at their sickest, it re-affirms my faith.

So much knowledge here at your fingertips. There's love and laughter through the pain and fear.

I'll keep you in my prayers tonight. Fondly, Connie

Posts: 145 | From Paris, Tn. | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there.

As Lymetoo says, "It's not a sprint, but a marathon".

I wish I could tell you how long you will feel bad.

No one knows.

I have Lyme, babesia and bartonella.

Felt pretty bad for the first two years of treatment.

Luckily I didn't have to work.

I went back to work this past January.

I was finally able to.

Barely, but made it.

Now back full time.

Try to pace yourself as best you can.

I herxed really bad the first two months on doxy.

Really bad.

Drink lots of water. If it gets too bad,

Call your LLMD and ask if you can back off your meds.

Watch the diet. It took me about one full year to stop missing pure sugar.

I don't miss it much if at all anymore.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymaid, thx for breaking up your post.

we feel your pain; been there; done that. but you are LUCKY; this was a RECENT bite and you CAN BE CURED by taking antibiotics long enough !!!

3 months at least; 2 months long showing no symptoms before STOPPING abx. [Smile]

YOU HAVE HOPE AROUND THE CORNER.

you are feeling worse since you are killing the spirochete that entered your body during the bite.

best wishes; hang in there with us ok; we'll help you thru your misery and pain. [Wink] hugs/kisses

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every one says day by day.

Sometimes that is too large of bite to eat,,,some days.

So people ask how you get along and get stuff done.

My standard answer is by literally putting one foot in front of the other.

ONE step at a time,,,makes life more manageable.like--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement