LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » A Seperate Nutrition Section ? Opinions Appreciated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Seperate Nutrition Section ? Opinions Appreciated
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone, There is a thread in Medical about the nutritional value of pumpkin seeds and there seems to be some interest in having Nutrition as a seperate section on lymenet.

I know there was a poll about Alternative Medicine being a seperate section and it was voted as a no.

This would be just about certain foods and or spices and their nutritional values as in such books like "The Cure Is In The Cupboard" and "Food as Medicine" Also maybe healing recipes etc.

Don't know if this has ever been tried before, but thought I would put it out here to see what folks thought.

Thanks for any input,

Gael

[ 08-07-2009, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: glm1111 ]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good idea to me. Detox Tea and Pau de arco tea could be mentioned.

Gluten Free/sugar free food intake

I thought I ate nutritionally before lyme and company...I have even changed my food intake since.

No processed foods, etc. If it is white it ain't right food intake.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I too would be interested in a Nutrition section since it is very important part of recovery.
Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea!

I'd love to see a separate Detox section as well.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a great idea. I just started juicing raw veggies a few weeks ago. It is a huge change for me and I want to learn more and more about nutrition.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gael,

here's the quick background:

NO sections left here to do this! we've discussed other things too.

problem people will NOT go to it; those of us who go out of MEDICAL would use this.

those STUCK never leaving this medical forum won't.

you have no idea how hard it was getting folks to use ACTIVISM.

nice try; i don't see it happening.

you could PM lou bachman, but i'm sure he'll say much of what i've said above.

we can't get folks to use SEEKING DR. THEY POST IN MEDICAL ALL THE TIME!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish there was an alternative forum too.

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
c3mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for c3mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could we combine Nutritional/Alternative with another section. It would be a way for those of us seeking nutritional ideas to communicate w/o using up medical. If you search foods in medical you can come up with alot of posts.

So I think there is a need maybe not like medical or seeking a doctor, but still a need.

My 2 cents

Posts: 262 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be great if we could replace this with the Computer section. There have only been 3 posts this entire year in the computer section. Just sharing my thoughts.

Having this new section of Nutrition would benefit a lot of people. Our immune systems are built up through the foods we eat. I would like to learn from others and contribute in this area.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty,

I was hoping for your input. What if we called it Medicinal Nutrition or something similiar to attract more users?

I think if people actually realized the enormous health benefits and realized that these suggestions could actually kill the infections and boost the immune system at the same time they would investigate it.

I have seen more and more people having G.I. symptoms and not knowing what to ingest. I really hope Lou would consider a section like this. [Smile]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

up for adding suggestions from the post in Medical of people interested in having this as a seperate post

Thanks,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a good idea. For goodness sake, we're all grown-ups here and can find out way to another forum section if need be. lol.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
morning song, we've had more in computer usage than what you posted, but it is one of the least used forums.

have any of you PMed loub? he's not online until 8-16 presently ...

so get your thoughts together and give him your best sales speech ok [Smile] hugs/kisses

many things like this were discussed in past; again only a SET NO. of forums here....

fyi, tincup said 1 of her posts was put in the 2 forums where we can NOT post anything; check out the HOME FORUM list; bottom 2 not available to us.

you might inquire about them; don't know ... don't believe they have ever been mentioned to my knowledge ok. [Smile] good luck ....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmcmann
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmcmann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have been trying to find good information on nutrition.

I have googled like crazy, but as we all know, the internet is overwhelming!

I have scoured posts here for info and it would be nice to have a focused board for it.

I always thought I was a "healthy" eater, but am learning (slowly) that lyme requires a different view on what is considered "healthy"!

Just my 2cents!

Posts: 104 | From No. VA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Bettyg-

I went back and looked again at the number of threads posted for Year 2009 under Computer. It was as stated earlier that there were only 3 threads/posts for 2009, the other two were for previous years. Please know I would never attempt to misrepresent the facts as was implied. I am a person of honesty and integrity.

PM'd Jennifer last week asking if they would consider a Nutrition Section but never heard back. This is the Lyme site that I frequent the most and that I have learned a great deal from others since beginning recovery a couple of months ago.

I still have a journey ahead of me, and would find a Nutrition Section even more helpful but since I have not heard back, Im letting go of this issue so I can focus on recovery. Maybe someone else will hear back. Just wanted to answer your question that we did try contacting the moderators.

Just want to focus on getting well.

Best regards,
Morningsong

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement