LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Michigan conference is a big draw!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michigan conference is a big draw!!!
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a message from Linda. She doesn't say the conference sold 300 seats, but it did. That is Awesome! The conference is on Aug. 22, with a reception the evening before.

GREAT NEWS:

The Michigan Lyme Conference has SOLD OUT OF SEATS, 2 weeks before the event.

If anyone is still interested in attending you need to contact me personally at [email protected] or call 1-888-784-5963.

Hugs
Linda Lobes
President
Michigan Lyme Disease Association
1-888-784-5963
www.mlda.org]www.mlda.org

Way to go Michigan!
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann! Wow! Thanks for the update! Is this an annual thing every year?? I would love to go sometime (have a family reunion on that day this year)...I see if you are in healthcare field you get in free!

Are you going?? Can you post about it if you do? I'd love to see how it goes!

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
linda, boy, do you know how to ADVERTISE WELL, but you may be having 50-60% medical folks; whoopie time! [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope 50% of those attending the conference are medical professionals. Those are the people we really need to educate.

Lnda is very experienced at organizing Ld conferences and I know this one will live up to the earlier ones. She is a wonderful person as well.
Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to go - conference blocked out. [Frown] Bummer.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seek...contact Ann..she stated in the original post that if you are interested to contact her...maybe she has connections??

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Hey, Ocean, I am just the messenger.

Careful reading shows the message I passed on at the top is from Linda. She has her e-mail and phone # there for people to contact if they still want to go to the conference.

Seekhelp, try e-mailing Linda. I hope she will find a way to include you if you still want to go.

I am waiting until I see my doc this week to see if I might go. I do hope it is not blocked out

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Ocean
Member # 3496

Oops!!! I'm sorry Ann! Thanks for clarifying.

If you are able to go, I would love to hear how it went!

Good night,

Ocean

--------------------

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda said no go last week. Said no room for anymore people. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

wow, SOLD OUT! but it's a shame LYME PATIENTS THEMSELVES ... no room for you!
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Betty wrote:

"wow, SOLD OUT! but it's a shame LYME PATIENTS THEMSELVES ... no room for you!"

This seems like a sort of unfair comment. There is no shame here at all.

Many, many Lyme disease patients will attend this conference. Thank heavens, so will many,many medical professionals (who are badly in need of education so that they can help patients!)

As with any conference, people had to register by a certain time,and once the spaces were filled, Linda did everything she could to get as many more people accomodated as the space and safety will allow.

We should be grateful that the Michigan Lyme Disease Association and all the good people who are working so hard to put on this conference are out there doing all this work for us.

Ocean, I am not able to go to the conference, but I will do my best to get a report on it and post it here. You can check out the MLDA website in the next couple of months for a report, I am sure.

http://www.hvcn.org/info/mlda/

Ann-OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Today's the big day. Tried 4 times to get into the conference but failed each time. The early bird gets the worm. lol.

I hope it's a success and the physicians who got free attendance and dinner actually are there to be educated and help ill people out. I'd sure love to see a physician attendee list! Hopefully, it's some conventional medicine docs too and not just holistic ones.

lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most conferences like this attract patients, not doctors, so if the MI people have managed to get some docs to attend, that will be a good new thing.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toby67
Unregistered

Great Conference. The docs that spoke here knew their stuff and really educated the other doctors in the room. The most interesting thing to me was how each doctor had differing opinions on some things..
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard through the grapevine that it was a big success! Congrats to everyone on a job well done! [Smile]
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twingirl
Member # 13172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a good conference. I was able to attend. I registered early and at the time I registered Linda was concerned about lack of attendance. In the past the conference filled up early. Then all of a sudden they got lots of people registered and it filled up!

The speakers were good, each with thier own opinions. This is not an annual event. The prior conference was 5 years ago. Those of us in MLDA did some fund raising in the past few years to make this happen.

--------------------
dar

Posts: 95 | From michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Never mind - all set.
LPurdy1040
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LPurdy1040   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you didn't get in Seek. I tried my best to get in everyone that wanted in. Each time I had a cancellation, I would call the next person on the waiting list. The morning of the Conference I was able to get in a few more due to a few no shows.

We ended up with 305 total attending. Out of those, 127 were from the Medical field. Several of my board members gave up their seats so that doctors and patients that showed up as walk-ins that morning could attend and just sat in chairs at the back of the room.

Our last Conference was in 2005. We used to host them every 2 years, but due to the costs, we have had to put this off for a couple extra years. We are hoping to raise enough funds to do one again soon, and hopefully, you can attend that one.

Hugs
Linda

Posts: 107 | From Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

BRAVO!!!! to Linda and all the good people of the Michigan Lyme disease Association!

So glad that this conference got the attendance and results it wanted.

Ann -OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement