LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Workmen's comp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Workmen's comp
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REceived packet from 2nd attorney with a rude letter which was un called for.

But, bottom line looks like workmen's comp will not be approved.

It is my word and my lyme doc's word over the 3 non lyme literate md's they sent me too that say this is not work related.

2nd attorney said he would be requesting the funds to pay for his fee and for the 1st attorney's fees from workmens' comp.

And then my claim would be closed.

part of me wants to send in the forms I sent in last time canceling out the 2nd attorney.

But, not sure how that will help. It might leave claim open but doesn't solve the problem of proving this is work related.

All I have is my list as to why i feel this is work related and my lyme doc's letter to workmen's comp.

I also sent letters off to 2 public reps asking for their help but not sure how they can help either.

I had hopes that workmen's comp would be approved and I would have the funds to move back to CA ...closer to LLMD and the funds to regain my health.

I saw myself cruising over to the LLMD's office in my power chair.

it will have been 8 years in Oct.

Feeling discouraged today and a bit hopeless.

But, then ran into 3 other neighbor's who are dealing with much more.

I still need to decide what I am going to do or what I can even do at this point.

tried to read the web site for workmen's comp in CA but didn't have any luck..reading skills not working.

And I know I can't call as I need to live in CA and my phone skills are worse than my reading skills...the brain just can't handle it most of the time.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sent note off to workmen's comp asking them to cancel 2nd attorney as representing me.

We shall see if I am able to do this.

Sure wish attorney's would make contact and explain things to me and respond to my documents I send instead of just ignoring me and not doing their homework.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Hoping I will be able to do my homework and try and understand how all of this works and if there is anything I can do at this point.
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam, on no! [group hug] [kiss]

send a copy of your email to lawyer YOU ARE FIRING!

i know when my SSDI lawyer QUIT me; he sent copies to:

me, local SS office, DDS office in Des Moines, and SS office HQ out east since my 1st claim was sitting in APPEALS COUNCIL for over 2 yrs.

i know of some of these it's best to send it CERTIFIED W/RETURN RECEIPT so it shows someone had to sign for this from that office!!

[group hug] [kiss]

we have many lawywer members and i hope some who may have expertise in your WC area, will send you a PM with some general advise of what you could do.

best wishes my friend kam [Smile] crappy way to start the weekend....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLC4lyme
Member # 20937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLC4lyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mediation with work-comp was a joke today Monday Aug.17th

Going in front of the NC Industerial Commission
Thur. Aug 20th.

My LLMD from SC is under attack.

David with North Carolina Work-Comp Fight

--------------------
David Cummines

Posts: 35 | From Gastonia NC | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLC4lyme
Member # 20937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLC4lyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ATTY don't seem to get it as well.

It comes down to the IDSA vs ILADS Battle

Work-comp don't deny I got Lyme on the job

Their defense is that my LLMD was not autherized
and his criditability.

Also, that I was treated by their Dr. and released and cured after 4wk treatment

I was lucky to find a ATTY after being turned down by many others.

--------------------
David Cummines

Posts: 35 | From Gastonia NC | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Note: I will edit this later. Brain is not working well enough to do so at this time.

aI am tryijg to figurte out th ebottome line

atorney's dont 'see to do their homel they jstu seem to o wtih what docts sent me to ..and tke their word for it wiche manesa a 1 0 converstaion or less and then they write the reoprt so having a cie life..don't hav ea clue

Ow do presnt the documentatin we hae to tkae things serveriously

Ok. gabapentin and sleepng beds re putting me down for the ingith and having trouble with braind a limb conect.s

[ 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

kam
Member # 3410

David....I to had trouble finding an attorney and had others at work who were dx with CFS/stress/fibro/valley fever say that they really didn't think the attorney helped them much although they were approved.

I feel I might do better on my own but then health wise don't think it is very realistic for me to even get to the hearing again..I have been there 3 times and laid on the floor for hours as I waited for things to be put off for another time.

That was when I lived in CA. I am living in AZ now and would need to drive to CA.

Too much for me to deal with most of the time health wise.

I guess all we can do is all we can do. Give it our best shot.

DLC4lyme
Member # 20937

My hearing is 18 minutes away but, still feel so
overwhelemed .

Herxing as well. Can't put thougths together don't know what to do. But,ride it out.

--------------------
David Cummines

kam
Member # 3410

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you were approved and got help for workmen's comp.

Hoping your attorney is one that will speak for you and that the doctor's you saw for workmen's comp were lyme literate.

MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,my expirence with worker comp is they are 4 times worse than Social security'and i havent even wone that one yet.

I coulden't ever get anywere with them even on non lyme related stuf.

Evil incarnate is what worker comp is!!

Every one of their people are possesed.

MADDOG

Posts: 3997 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam, PRAYING FOR SUCCESS for you to be approved for wc benefits!! xoxox
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Received call from senator's office re: letter I sent requesting help.

She said she would call me back next week after talking to their contact in Sac.

kreynolds
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kreynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on Comp.... If you need any advice, just ask.

It was a "no brainer" in my situation..... Sometimes it's not always black and white.

I think if your previous employers were "indoor" type work that will work in your favor.

Also if you have a good lawyer and the lawyer knows about the disease that is a major plus.

If you were constantly outside working, you should get it.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Diagnosed CDC + 6/2007

Quest: + IGG Bands 18,23,39,41,58,66 and 93.

Quest: + IGM Bands

Quest: + Bartonella (B.Henselea & B. Quintana),+ Babesia, and + Mycoplasma and Lyme-Induced Addisons Disease

+ Biofilm blood test 12/2010

Posts: 1185 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement