LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My evening at the film "Under Our Skin" 9/18/2009

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My evening at the film "Under Our Skin" 9/18/2009
gridmonster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gridmonster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under our skin review - Friday night, 9/18/09

My wife and attended the 6:40pm showing of Under Our Skin at the Tallahassee Miracle 5 Theatre.

The theatre held 435 people. I spoke with the theatre manager and he told me that 138 had bought

tickets for the 6:40pm showing. That was a much larger crowd that I had actually thought would

ever attend. Several of the people in the audience were obvious Lymees, including myself.

Prior to the film's start, Dr. Kerry Clark, Phd, (Florida tick expert) spoke briefly to the

audience, and introduced Mandy Hughes, the attractive lyme patient (the young woman in the

swimming pool on the U.O.S. movie poster) to the crowd. Dr. Clark said he would be available for

questioning in the film lobby during the show, and both he and Mandy would take questions in the

theatre at 8:30pm when the movie ended.

I was pretty ill, and knew that I wouldn't make it through the Q&A session after the movie, so I

ducked out into the lobby and spoke with Dr. Clark for about 10 minutes. He confirmed that Florida and the

south is indeed having a Lyme explosion, and he has now proven that several different tick species

in Florida carry the BB virus, including the Texas Lone Star tick. I was able to give a

troubled local woman Lyme contact info for the LLMD that I use, as well.

Dr. Clark told me to feel free to put his contact information on our site. (I will post it

seperately.) He wants to hear from southern Lyme patients. His lab will DNA check blood samples,

but is an Epidemiology lab, and does not draw bloods. Vials must me shipped to him. We chatted

for a few minutes, then I ducked back inside to watch the movie.

U.O.S. is incredibly powerful film. It makes people weep, smile, and quite angry at some of the

doctors interviewed during the 104 minute length. You could hear people sob, cheer, and hiss during

the screening. Afterwards, the crowd actually all clapped loudly when the house lights came up.

We had to leave., I was still over 90 minutes from home and just physically tapped out. I briefly

shook Mandy's hand on the way towards the lobby, and thanked her for coming and giving us all hope.

It was hard to believe that this young woman who was literally dying from Lyme disease a short time

ago was now touring to promote a film for the public good. She looks great. I had just watched

her convulse and seize up, in horrifying Lyme spasms on the big screen 30 minutes prior to meeting her. Amazing.

GM

[ 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: gridmonster ]

Posts: 135 | From Orlando, Florida | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

We're on a roll here - went very well in SF and Berkeley yesterday too!

Andy and Dana did Q&A with the SF audience.

Berkeley had two LLMDs handling discussion.

Tallahassee and SF for a week!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gm, OUTSTANDING review, and about 140 people; fantastic!!

so glad you got to do what you did and got extra info on dr. clark as well. a job well done my friend [Smile] rest up now .... hugs

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Gridmonster for the review. Inspiring.

feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang,i at first watched the movie trailers,and cried my eyes out.

Every time I see another lymie my heart is broken.

I have had 25 years of this stuf.

I at least had 29 years lyme free so i had a life.

I am heart broken by young people who never expirenced a life but allways had lyme.

I have seen the complete film now.

It really cleared up some shady areas and confirmed things I had theories about,as true, I was correct.

I could have however added some more info to the documentary film.

I wish to call it a documentary and not call it a movie.

Still the viral form of lyme which doesen't die from ABX needs to be documented,it changes to a virus,then back to a bacteria.

While a virus a person will blow neon yellow snot from their nose.

Sorry about the grossness but after changing back to a bacteria after stoping ABX the neon yellow stops.

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement