LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » "Under Our Skin" is in contention for the Best Documentary OSCAR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Under Our Skin" is in contention for the Best Documentary OSCAR
Clarissa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
15 Documentary Features Continue in 2009 Oscar� Race

Beverly Hills, CA -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that 15 films in the Documentary Feature category will advance in the voting process for the 82nd Academy Awards�.

Eighty-nine pictures had originally qualified in the category.

The 15 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:

``The Beaches of Agnes,'' Agn�s Varda, director (Cine-Tamaris)

``Burma VJ,'' Anders �stergaard, director (Magic Hour Films)

``The Cove,'' Louie Psihoyos, director (Oceanic Preservation Society)

``Every Little Step,'' James D. Stern and Adam Del Deo, directors (Endgame Entertainment)

``Facing Ali,'' Pete McCormack, director (Network Films Inc.)

``Food, Inc.,'' Robert Kenner, director (Robert Kenner Films)

``Garbage Dreams,'' Mai Iskander, director (Iskander Films, Inc.)

``Living in Emergency: Stories of Doctors Without Borders,'' Mark N. Hopkins, director (Red Floor Pictures LLC)

``The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers,'' Judith Ehrlich and Rick Goldsmith, directors (Kovno Communications)

``Mugabe and the White African,'' Andrew Thompson and Lucy Bailey, directors (Arturi Films Limited)
``Sergio,'' Greg Barker, director (Passion Pictures and Silverbridge Productions)

``Soundtrack for a Revolution,'' Bill Guttentag and Dan Sturman, directors (Freedom Song Productions)

``Under Our Skin,'' Andy Abrahams Wilson, director (Open Eye Pictures)

``Valentino The Last Emperor,'' Matt Tyrnauer, director (Acolyte Films)

``Which Way Home,'' Rebecca Cammisa, director (Mr. Mudd)

The Documentary Branch Screening Committee viewed all the eligible documentaries for the preliminary round of voting. Documentary Branch members will now select the five nominees from among the 15 titles on the shortlist.

The 82nd Academy Awards nominations will be announced on Tuesday, February 2, 2010, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater.

Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2009 will be presented on Sunday, March 7, 2010, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center�, and televised live by the ABC Television Network.

The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry! I didn't realize someone had already posted this exciting information!

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a way to potentially get the info about Lyme around the world - couldn't be better news!

Ok, let's tie this all together - the Beaches Of Agnes have been found to have infected sand fleas, and so do Burma's Coves.

Every Little Step, or large step, in exposure brings us that much closer to the world understanding, so says Ali, Facing the publicity possibilities here.

Food, Inc.luding the healthiest we can manage so as not to have to deal with Garbage In, Garbage Out - worthy healing Dreams for us all -

Since we've all been Living In Emergency Due To Ticks Without Borders -

And even The Most Dangerous Man In America would not want to get Lymed -

And what will your Mug Be, Sergio, at a Lyme Oscar party?

This all definitely sounds like a Soundtrack Aor A Revolution, since Under Our Skin should have been around in fashionable Roman times when Valentino was The Last Emperor due to TBDs and had no idea Which Way Home.

[ 11-21-2009, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin...you are hilarious!!! [Smile]
Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we vote on it too??
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of holding my breath on this. Wouldnt it be great if it made it to the finals...and what if it won!!
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clarissa - Thanks so much for posting this! Would it be a dream-come-true for us if UOS made the top 5 cut and actually won! [woohoo]

ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[bow] I'm prayin!!

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish it could be one of those nominated!!

I imagine some political film will win... maybe one about the environment...is one up there? I was too lazy to check.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jared
Member # 23154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome, but considering the local food movement has been gaining such publicity, Food INC will probably win.

I guess it's not about winning though, but awareness, so I think it's great that it's being considered.

Posts: 4 | From University Park, PA & Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justchugginalong
Member # 23309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justchugginalong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Under Our Skin over the holiday weekend...This movie/doc should not have limited exposure. The entire medical/psychiatric field needs to watch this. I loved the movie. It highlights our frustrations,and our pain. Maybe, everyone who knows someone should watch it..whether they have lyme or not..EVERYONE needs to be aware of this epidemic.

Anyhow, I want to say thanks for mentioning this movie. I would never have known of it, unless you had.

Posts: 72 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement