LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lymenet Europe ? What is it there for?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lymenet Europe ? What is it there for?
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to know.? What is the purpose, besides ripping people apart?

I mean? What the heck?

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/

Anyone gained any real knowledge from there??
I have tried on occasion but come away shaking my head each time.?

I do not get it?

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that the link to the official site for the "I Love Tincup" fan club?

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all know they love TinCup [Big Grin] but Spring you raise an important question.

It amazes me how one of the Oregon Support group leaders can be associated with that site and even some in that group are mentioned in the Acknowledgments of Pam Weintraub's book "Cure Unknown". Of course, you wouldn't recognize all of them as they routinely use a variety of false monikers.

It's there for no other reason than to provide a safe haven for well known trolls who have been around for years, who have totally destroyed another well known Lyme forum and now have started their own.

These so called members of the Lyme community have a different vision of how the Lyme community should proceed politically. A divide that occurred years ago and ever since they have been pouting and stomping their feet like spoiled children.

They act out, every now and then, especially when there is a hot political issue taking place and like to infiltrate other Lyme sites using many false monikers only to incite trouble and distract. Some do more then incite trouble but truly harass other members of the Lyme community they do not agree with.

There already is a Euro Lyme site and frankly why they have the name Lymenet Europe, when the site has nothing to do about Lyme in Europe but all to do with denigrating Lymenet, says it all.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesNYC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesNYC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lymenet Europe has nothing to do with Lyme in Europe? That's funny! Why is it called that?

It sounds like they should call it LymenetBashnet!

I spend WAY too much time here. If I went to other sites I'd have not time for anything else! LOL

Posts: 872 | From New York City | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, LymenetBashnet would be a better name!!

Go figure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
22, I like in-secure-net better! If you have to bash people to bully them into a certain belief, you have to be very insecure. The problem of bashing usually isn't one individual it a pack of people. Lymenet Europe for those who bash and are allowed to do so are an EVIL.

Bashing people or disrespecting them is a form of evil in my mind. Supporting those that bash is also supporting evil.

I personally don't believe in ABX, but if someone chooses to use them, I highly respect there choice and will help them in any way to get well. The purpose or higher plain is to get everyone well. Better yet how to do it as cheaply as possible. I don't need to bash anyone if that is my goal.

I really don't know what the goal of most of the folks at lymenet europe who like to bash people here.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There goal is simple and that is to create distraction and trouble, nothing more, nothing less. They are akin to an enemy camp, that sounds out raids on to Lymenet and other sites, especially when there are hot button political issues on the horizon.

They have nothing at all to do with Lyme in Europe. It's just a cover and the group's name is meant only to mock Lymenet.

It's the same small group doing what they have been doing for years. Creating division and drama in the Lyme Community and in the process trying to set up back on some major political issues.

Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great scientific articles!....my suggestion is to avoid LymeCafe and the other lower forum, whatever the name of it is.

I do think the Science based literature should be grouped by subject, because otherwise you need to scroll thru all of them, but good reading there.

And, BTW, isnt there also bashing in this thread? :-)
one bash is just like another.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

The articles are good. There's a Ph.d on board.

Use if for your own advantage, but it still doesn't negate the fact that the site is despicable.

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd forgotten about that webby Lyme site.

i just went over to look. looks like nothing has changed from a year or so ago, last i peeked.

good scientific articles, as Meg says, and the rest seems to be the same old same old obsessiveTC-bashing.

it is amazing, really, that a handful of folks can maintain one un-ending, high-pitched scream of rage and fear for years about anything, much less over one fellow Lymie.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Lee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reminder to all. Please do not bash the bashers.
Posts: 127 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 3 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sometimesdilly:
it is amazing, really, that a handful of folks can maintain one un-ending, high-pitched scream of rage and fear for years about anything, much less over one fellow Lymie. [Roll Eyes]

This kind of bashing usually denotes a high degree of jealousy.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Meg if civility were an index from 1 to 10 and 10 being saintly. How do you think lymenet compares to lymenet europe as to rating?

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have gotten a lot of really good info from reading their posts in the Medical and Science sections. The rest of the site...not so much...and pretty sad.

(It should come with a warning ..."Enter At Your Own Risk!) [Eek!]

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Well. Guys. For the life of me. I sincerely wanted to know what their ideas are? I mean I see a lot of subjects put down ..

I just can not for the life of me see what they think is best? How to treat? What is it that they think works? I guess I can not see through the knowly fields of weeds and the tumbleweeds.....

I see some scientific articles but even those are picked apart and refuted..

So what is their position.??

On Treatment of this disease?
On Other issues Politically?

What am I missing? I just see drama a lot of copies of posts here and tearing up of people. That has nothing to do with Lyme Disease let along Europe. Right?

Can someone help explain to me?

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Anna -- can we call the site uncivilized and despicable ? I assume we are not personally offending anyone specific there ? I guess we are truly trying to characterize the site for others who might unfortunately venture there. I love "SoSublyme"'s

quote:
It should come with a warning ..."Enter At Your Own Risk!"

--------------------
Bob

springshowers
Member # 19863

Gosh.. I think your all being gentle and using educated and intelligent words without bashing.

That site has so much ruthlessness on it I do not get why the admin does not step in and stop it?

I mean they actually pick on people and call them horrible names and .. its not even marginal or questionable. Its outright obvious.

So.. still.. What is their views on treating lyme? Since I have seen them put down ever treatment in one way or another and every doctor about too?

They tear so much down but do not put up a solution they think would work?

Am I missing it?

Anna Lee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calling the 'site' uncivilized and despicable does not appear to be breaking LymeNet rules (my interpretation), does not appear to be 'bashing' and has not be shown to be a false statement (comparatively speaking). Please do not resort to attacking people though or the post will be closed. Thank you Lymie_in_md for putting me in this position.
Posts: 127 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just posting about LNE is advertising it!

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenifer
Administrator
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Anna. Don't bash the basher (that doesn't make it right).

It is a compliment, when you are 8 years old, when someone makes fun of you. However, when you are adults, it's called being immature.

Since we do not tolerate that behavior, it is best not to bring up those ill-fated tactics used on any site, which others partake on in order to discredit the hard-earned credibility of LymeNet.

What I'm trying to say is ignore it and don't concern yourself with the negative attitudes portrayed in any of those forums.

Thank you.

--------------------
Jenifer Stolow
LymeNet.Org Webmaster

Posts: 318 | From Upstate New York, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement