LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Make it Fast, Cook it Slow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Make it Fast, Cook it Slow
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Care Provider is making Jambalaya from the book "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow."

I will let you know how it tastes. But, I had some of the spicy sausage and liked it.

all the ingredients look very appetizing and colorful in the crock pot.

Wondering if others have tried meals from this book and which ones you liked.

I believe the book was written by a person with lymr or someone in her family with lyme so it is gluten free, sugar free crock pot meals.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this cook book sounds interesting. let us know how it comes out I may try it
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
will do.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kam:
I believe the book was written by a person with lymr or someone in her family with lyme so it is gluten free, sugar free crock pot meals. [/QB]

Are you KIDDING ME!!?? That's what I've been wanting for a hundred years!!!!! [kiss]

I love crock pot cooking, but now that I'm gluten free, the only thing I make in it is roast.

Woohoooo... headed off to Amazon.com!!

Thanks, kam! Hope the recipes are easy, 'cause I'm a lazy cook!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kam! I'm going to ask for her book for Christmas. [Cool]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I like the jambalaya (sp?). It is one of those dishes that seems to even taste better as a left over.

But, for one person I would suggest cutting the recipe in half. I eat 2 meals a day from Thurs until Sunday and still had food left over.

But, became concerned about just how long I should be eating left over shrimp.

I haven't looked for simple recipes in the book yet.... meaning ones with just a few steps.

I need to do this so I can make something myself.

[ 12-15-2009, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: kam ]

kam
Member # 3410

I was able to make the Cowboy stew this morning. If you can stand on your feet and fry some hamburger and then open several cans...that one works.

I must admit I was drained, hurting and exhausted but happy I was able to get the job done.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kam... I looked on Amazon and there was no indication it was gluten free.... Are you SURE it is??

Could you check that out for me??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imanurse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imanurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the cook book "Fix It and Forget It" for crock pot cooking.

Lots of yummies in there.

--------------------
**Eat Chocolate**

Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Tootoo,

I tried to find where I read it was gluten free/sugar free...but couldn't find it.

Going to check the calda web site now.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kam.. do you have the actual book?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Yes. And I have noticed that her recipe's are for gluten free. She will add that if you are not on a gluten free diet you can use such and such instead.

But, I also noticed she used canned small potatoes in one recipe and corn....

but I am not educated yet on all that is gluten

I also am not able to look at the book over all but just take in one recipe at a time when able to do that.

REading skills are still hit and miss....mostly miss and processing.

kam
Member # 3410

I did notice she used brown rice instead of white rice in one recipe.

And mentioned something about using a certain pasta as it was gluten free.

I did find the write up on the CALDA web site but it looks like it is the same write up on the book selling sites.

I wanted to post it here, but lost it while trying to post it here and then couldn't find it again.

kam
Member # 3410

Also noticed she uses cheese which I try to stay away from in some of the recipe's.
Richard1062
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1062     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the recipes are all gluten free. We just bought it as a gift for our daughter.
Posts: 228 | From Mass. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thank you kam and Richard!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

I was a bit worried when you mentioned canned goods because many are not gluten free.

[woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

I was kind of able to put together another crock pot meal from this book.

I will let you know how it turns out.

used gluten free noodles

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement