LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Enough is enough---get me outta here

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Enough is enough---get me outta here
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weather silly,,,,NOT life!!!

Have over a foot of flurries on the ground as we speak and guess whats its doing.

By itself that isnt too bad.

Now add into the mix the MINUS 11 actual temp a few days ago,,,

and a minus 2 nite before,with 50MPH wind pushing it up your nether regions

and winter hasnt started yet.

NOW your assignment(should you choose to accept it) Ya has to be OLD to recognize that saying!!!

Find or think of 'something' I can do to support myself if I winter in Key West Florida.

Read Craigs list all nite last nite looking for ideas,,none there!!!

So I call upon ALL these SMART people on THIS site to assist me in finding 'something' I can do.

It was already suggested I rent a billboard to advertise for a rich lady to support me in the manner I wish to be accustomed..

well folks,,,that isnt going to happen,,,lets start on plan b and go from there,,,hope we need triple z to hold all the suggestions.

Shall I start packing my bags???Or should I hold up for correct instructions first???since IB--just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The idea sounds good Don. The part about wintering in Florida.

I have been working on that assignment every since I came down sick. Nothing yet...but I will let you know.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FL....yes! It was 90 degrees in Miami today! The Keys are oh so nice!

Can you sing or dance? You could stand on a street corner in Key West with a tin can. Just kidding!

You could walk rich peoples dogs!

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don, I think if you offer your handy-man services to fix things around the house, you'll find many people who need it.

My mom is widowed now, and she says trying to find someone to do all the minor repairs that my dad used to do is very difficult.

Carol

p.s. If you're cold, a heated throw will keep you toasty in the recliner.

Heated throw

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abigail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you married Just Don? You could be a gigolo.

--------------------
Dying is easy. Living is harder.

Posts: 257 | From owensboro kentucky | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don... If you would offer your handy man services I would offer you a warm place to stay in AZ for the winter..!!!!!!!

My house is needing so much Handywork.. from projects started and never finished and I might be selling but cant.. yet because of the needed work?

???

Never know

HUH

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea springshowers,

and when you're finished in in AZ you can swing by Va Don. Oh wait a minute....I don't have any money but hey it's warmer here (:

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee a traveling handy man. maybe I can start a circuit riding and travel like the geese,,,south in winter,north in summer.

abigal-A giggalo??? If you saw me I am sooooo NOT!!! I am sooo old some things ARE low like a saggin wagon!!

Its not cold here tonight just snowing like mad. I just walked home from the funeral home,,,they wanted to KEEP me!!! d;~)

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abigail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old are you Just Don? Obviously, I am not the only single woman around. Thanks for keeping us company. I wish women did not outnumber men. It is not so much that I want a relationship (and I work from home and can move anywhere broadband is), but it is nice to talk to a single man every once and a while. I have a profile on a single dating site asking for a guy who has Lyme diseae, cuz I surely want somebody who understands, but no one has contacted me yet. Oh well, I am not trying to scare you off. Just nice talking to a single man every once in a while, right ladies? You are sure making the snow sound nice.

--------------------

Posts: 257 | From owensboro kentucky | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abigail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14936

Your mailbox is full Just Don.

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abigail:
Your mailbox is full Just Don.

See what you started? Handyman, gigolo, you're popular!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Canandian Geese are over here right now...hint hint. [Smile]

And the old maintenance man just moved to South Carolina.

But, I did hear the manager had someone in mind to replace him.

It pays min wage for 20 hours a week so not really something you can live off of.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

okay okay,,,I cleaned my mail box for more offers,,,,oh, i guess we start with just one!!!!

--------------------
just don

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No No Don,it really isn't cold or snowy.

The snow all melted and the earth is warm.

You got to listen to Al Gore more often.

He will straighten you right out.

The only way to stop global warming is to destroy this country,and take away our cars.

Then Al Gore will have goten even with us because he lost the election!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS GM goes so goes the Nation!!!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sick Tick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sick Tick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about this for a Florida career that any Lymie would love...Hunting alligators!! (do a search here for the "alligator pit")
Posts: 283 | From where the ticks are! | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the handyman thing doesn't work out, laying on the beach and being a beach bum would be fun.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

hi Meg,,,long time no see.

Back to the task at hand then,,,more ideas.

I see bicycles sell for a nice price THERE and you have trouble giving them away HERE!!

Dont know how much market there are for them.

And some have rental bikes for tourists as well as scooters

As far as the handyman ideas,,when I was there last winter every other truck had handyman signs on them,,,dunno the market or price of handyman there either

--------------------
just don

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abigail... he's a nice looking man.. don't let him fool you!!!

Don.. the Keys?? You really want to run for your life everytime a hurricane comes your way??

Consider carefully any place in the line of hurricanes. You could be wiped out.

Get in the center of Florida ( at least East/West wise )

I would think you could find the same job you are doing now just about anywhere, right? and if not, people ARE always looking for someone to do handyman stuff.

I'll bet you're good at it!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I know of on couple that moved to Florida from here and moved back right after their first hurricane.

That is something to consider.

I understand about the handy man market. It is the same here.

Most of the handy man guys can't find work. One of the maintenance guys here at one time had a business in town and sold it to do the handy man thing.

Last I heard he was still struggling to get in the hours and if it were not for his wife having a good job they would be up the creek without a paddle.

I know another guy handyman who is camping out in the woods near a trail I walk on in the National Forest.

he is on private land and has the owners permission.

I think he also has trouble getting enough hours in. He moved here from Sedona and had a good job there.

Hasn't been able to find one here ever since they moved here about the time I did.

Another couple I know...the wife just retired and the husband has his own business cleaning windows.

He is doing well right now. But, it is seasonal work it seems.

Spring time and Christmas time he is very busy. The rest of the year it is difficult.

HOw ironic ...window cleaning service just might work in Florida before Christmas time.

Not sure how you would do going up ladders for second story windows safety and health wise.

Over head is low.

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do plumbing? if so plumbing gigilo....you can lay pipe while you lay pipe.

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too funny you guys. Don, I would bet the house your mail box is full again.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Pam,

Serious as a heart attack here. My mailbox is completely BLANK. I couldnt catch a break if it was 999,999 to 1,000,000 that I would,,,I would draw the wrong straw.

Course some people call me plumb ______.... The whole state of Florida is mandated to get all new sewer systems and unhook from all the septic tanks. I imagine you need licensing for those jobs tho.

Reason I like the Keys so much is I have relatives there,,,and my cousin offered I can live in his house that is now vacate. I spose fixing it up a bit would be in order!!

Hurricanes dont scare me,,I can always find someplace to go. They move slow and have alot of warning,,unlike tornadoes I am used to. But this house didnt even have water in it from the last hurricane. Its on a different key,,,but thats okay!! Its a BIG house for down there!!

still looking for ideas-just don-

--------------------
just don

abigail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14936

Plumb what? I don't get it. I was a bum in Key West. Seriously, I was hitchhiking. The water quality sucks.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing about the Keys is getting out. By the time you would KNOW the hurricane was ACTUALLY headed your way, it would be too late to get out.
(and who wants to leave 5 days before the hurricane comes?)

Oh well... what you said does make some sense too!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Now THERE'S a job worth noting!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

imanurse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imanurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just stopping in to say "Hi" Don.

((Waves from on top a giant snow drift))

..... just Ima

--------------------
**Eat Chocolate**

Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Who would have thunk it...A Python Wrangler.
just don
Member # 1129

Can I tickle those python into submitting???

that is the MOST helpful post,,it turned the corner on finding something that will work.

Very cool links provided the Opti Miss Tick.

Wish I qualified for some of those high paying jobs and I would relocate there permanently,,,then you ALL could come visit.

And I still havent had enough time to look thru them all. What a treasure chest of ideas.

Python tickler,,,cant beat THAT!!!

--------------------
just don

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turn the corner - find a python? lol Don - we'd like to see your biz cards on that one.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I had this thought this morning. Don't know if it applies.

But, school districts are usually looking for handy man maintenance type p

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JDon,

The thing about handy men is that they're a dime a dozen but...

Are they good enough and honest, that's often the question.

Of course, doing things down there you may run smack dab into

the codes placed on housing in Florida, due to the weather conditions.

But if you're just going to be a wildlife control engineer...tickling pythons for intance...

I doubt many qualifications other then physical prowess, agility and swift-a-foot would be qualifications.

How are you physically as far as your lyme limitations are concerned?

There might be a chance to by my doublewide down in Safety Harbor whenever I go bottoms up with the attorneys and Bank...

Might be real cheap for someone....not a bad place to live...summers get way too hot however.

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Don,

I'm back....be busy last few days with ALL the snow coming in--so far 15 inches and counting.

I still like the idea of you traveling about and staying with all us "single" gals.... heck u know how it is 1 day fine next day crappy....when ever one gets to feeling bad you can just move on... UNFORTUNETLY there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people with Lyme..

Heck even you married chicks...we might share Don some letting him do handywork for ya...after us... hee hee.

Who knows...after my son graduates next year I might even head down to Florida with ya.

But... I am loving the snow.

take care,

Karen (:

P.S.
I probably wouldn't have to worry bout my stupid furance (: (: (: [woohoo]

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it was my lyme warped brain, but in reading some of the job suggestions I thought one of them said "testicle cleaner". I knew it couldn't be and reread the line...."window cleaner" Now HOW did I get that one wrong? [bonk]

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

LOL
BugBarb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BugBarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I don't think I even laughed or smiled once today until I started reading and answering this topic and then I continued with other topics.
I am actually laughing.
That is a major accomplishment!
and I'm smiling!
Thank you all for being here.

--------------------
Lyme is like the flu. You can get it and recover, but you can always get it again.

Posts: 607 | From (deer tick)Heaven! Angeles National Forest | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Bugbarb, you Just Made me laugh. Just Wait till Just Don sees what you Just Wrote...python wrestling might suddenly Just Be lookin' good...

[ 12-21-2009, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

kam
Member # 3410

Yep. This improved my mood too! And I recently heard about testicle soup...on another thread...so we are having a ball or two or three....

just how many does it take for soup??

Robin123
Member # 9197

Kam, whatever you've got the balls for...

on a more innocent note, one for a cuppa matzo ball soup, two for a bowl, and sky's the limit for the gang...

Just Don the soup cooker...with python bits thrown in for extra protein.

Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay. I am laughing too! [lol]

I will donate my husband's for the soup. [Big Grin]

I hope Don reads the thread and realizes what he started here.

Maybe he'll think snow-ball soup instead. [Smile]

Don I miss you!!!

Send some snow down south for us, okay?

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

And you guys thought that THIS guy had never ever done THAT. Oh nay ye of little faith,,,,been there done that.

Ever hear of mountain oysters,,,how do ya think THOSE are prepared?? And yes they start out as the real deal raw ones.

I have ate them before,,they are sorta rich so best if you take it easy the first time.

You roll them in flour,crackers and egg and fry away.

Once years ago considered quite a delicacy,,,and those pioneer spirits never threw away more than the moo or the squeal.

Whole neighborhoods gathered for the gathering of those raw oysters and went from farm to farm harvesting them a few times a year.

AND there is NO truth to pythons thrown in for good measure,,,we dont grow those here!!

Me thinks those oysters were drowned in beer also!!BTW!!!!

You ever 'clean' those?? Thats an experience all of its own!! A bucket of ice cold water goes along way in helping out.

AND no Geneal, your donation is denied,,,THOSE arent allowed. You may receive 3 hots and a cot for that infraction!!!

(snow melted a bit today,in front of tonights new storm blowing in!!)grr.

--------------------
just don

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement