LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What's wrong with the Lyme Friends site? Update: SITE BACK UP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's wrong with the Lyme Friends site? Update: SITE BACK UP!
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE: PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE PROPER WEB ADDRESS TO GET INTO LYME FRIENDS!

THANKS

I posted the same question in Medical...

It seems like the web address for Lyme Friends is no longer working? Is there a new one?

For me it's saying "page not found."

http://www.lymefriends.com

First my husband is leaving town for 10 days...now this?!?!? Say it ain't so! [Frown] [Frown]

[ 12-30-2009, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Hoosiers51 ]

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Hoosiers,

It is working on this page. Weird, but I tried the link over on the medical page and it told me it couldn't be found, but when I just clicked on the above link on this page, it took me right to Lyme Friends.

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey...thanks.

I got it working now too. So I'm thinking the site must have just been down momentarily.

Phew!

I deleted my post over in Medical since it wasn't really a "Medical" question.

Thanks!

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having trouble getting in there. its 920 am

This stinks

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried a couple of times this am and couldn't pull the site up.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Yup, it's not working for me today either. Bummer.

Another Ning site I belong to is working right now.

This is strange. Last night when I tried to use Lyme Friends, it was doing the same thing, but then a few minutes later it was working.

I bet Evan would know. And I haven't been able to use chat because now my mom's in town, and is sleeping in the bedroom with my computer that supports Chat. She will be here until the 5th, but then my brother is coming back into town. It has been a never-ending whirlwind of people over here.

merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah I called T, no answer, left a message.

Wow hoos, how do you deal with all the company>>?

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok this is making me nervous. This site is a lifeline to so many of us... Does anyone have any info yet. Merry I sent you an email.
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the URL for chat if you wish to go there. Maybe Tracy will pop in and tell you all what is going on.

http://client11.addonchat.com/sc.php?id=306727

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

no word yet
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just tried to get on and it would not let me.

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I heard Blake is working on it.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Merry,

Actually, it has been my immediate family, and when they're here, they run errands for me and help me out with things like chores. I am lucky they are so understanding. They knew I was not in good enough shape to travel for the holidays, so they came here.

My brother has been going through a transition period, so has also been staying here on and off, but he isn't a burden at all.

The only thing is that I pretty much can't use Lyme Chat when they are here, because of the desktop's location!

Thanks for the update on Lyme Friends! Been worried!

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Also, is it possible that Ning sold the rights to the domain name?

Lyme Friends is not it's own entity, like Lymenet is, with it's own Terms of Service, etc. It is part of Ning.

Or do Blake and Tracy own that domain name? If they don't (like if it is a rental scenario), I'm thinking Ning could have chose to sell lymefriends.com?

Just speculating......?

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it's best not to speculate, just wait for the facts to be revealed.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,
We are working on it. Hoosiers is pretty close as to what happened. We bought the domain name separately from Ning. It expired last night at midnight. All the notices that it was expiring went into Blake's spam box, and he did not get any of them.

He contacted the seller and was told there was a hold on the domain name when it expired, basically someone "waiting in line" to buy it, so as soon as it expired it was sold to someone else.

Why we can't access the site by it's regular name, www.lymefriends.ning.com, we have no idea.

We just paid an extra $10 monthly fee to upgrade to super premium extra upgrade helper services (or something to that effect) to get this resolved ASAP.

Blake has put in a desperate plea for help from NING to figure out why we can't get in and to get it rectified. Losing our domain name shouldn't affect our site.

The only change is going to be we are going to have to have a new sign in name, but we can broadcast message that to all the members as soon as we can access the site.

Sorry about the interuption, but Ning has always been pretty helpful in the past (except in February when we lost the site and had to start from scratch.) Again, the domain name is really separate from Ning, was purchased from another vendor, and should in no way affect the existence of LymeFriends.

We are hopeful it will be back up and running by tomorrow, and will keep you posted!!! Meanwhile, chat is up and running, as it is a separate application (thank you Acorn for posting that address.)

So sorry for this inconvenience. We are just waiting to hear back from Ning.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Thanks Tracy....you guys do so much for the LF site already that it amazes me.

I was thinking the same thing....that *IF* the name www.lymefriends.com were to be sold, it doesn't seem like it would affect the existence of lymefriends.ning.com.

Thanks for the update. So sorry I haven't been able to join you guys on chat. [Frown] It's making me sad! My old Mac laptop is just too old to support chat, and like I said, desktop computer is off limits for now. Wahhh wahhhh....

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was having problems too, but just figured somebody would get around to it.

really like the site tho.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of confused. Thought ning was a free site but also know that when they say free it could be a hook to sell a service that is more do able.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Kam, you hit the nail on the head! Free means lots of ads running down the side. They bought the domain name so people would be more easily able to access the site.

Hopefully it will be back soon. It's a good compliment to this site. Lymenet will get you more answers more quickly for urgent questions.

Lyme Friends is more for fun, as well as venting, and questions. We have a wealth of info there, so I hope it comes back OK.

--------------------
Lymednva

lymednva
Member # 9098

It's back, with a different URL. The new link is http://lymefriends.ning.com/

Hoos, perhaps you could edit the title of this post to say it's back up and running.

Thanks, Carol. I have changed it to the correct link now. Sorry for the confusion.

[ 12-30-2009, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: lymednva ]

--------------------
Lymednva

Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The correct url is: http://lymefriends.ning.com/

Bandit, your link says "Oops! That page doesn't exist."

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a free site, however we pay $50 a month to keep all the ads off the site. We found in the beginning there were lots of inappropriate ads running for Lyme treatments that were clearly hoaxes and felt it was unethical, so at the time those of us who started up the site decided to put out a request for donations and paid the money for that, the domain name, and the cost of the chat room.

Blake is purchasing another domain name so it will be www.lymefriends.org. It is just a lot easier for people to remember, the "ning" part is so confusing. He will send out a broadcast message as soon as he has it sealed up.

Sorry for the interruption!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement