LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » IMPORTANT- Weekend Action Alert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IMPORTANT- Weekend Action Alert
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
URGENT ** ACTION ALERT ** NEW YEAR'S EVE

TAKE ACTION TODAY! THANKS.

Sorry for holiday intrusion. We understand that the holidays are a difficult time to ask you to take action, but we are faced with a situation where we must act now to prevent a dangerous setback for the Lyme community.

TO: Everyone across the country

DATE: December 31, 2009

WHEN: On January 4, 2010, the NJ Senate Health Committee intends to go forward with resolution SR 133, which puts Lyme disease, a specific disease with known etiology, in with autoimmune disorders of no known etiology, such as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, multiple chemical sensitivity & Gulf War Syndrome.

The proposed resolution for an autoimmune treatment and research center is the result of a behind the scenes effort initiated by a handful of people in the chronic fatigue community.

Their plans to lump Lyme disease in with CFS and disorders of unknown origin has the potential of redirecting current and future funding away from finding a cure for those with active spirochetal and other tick borne infections.

Lyme patients and organizations across the country have worked hard over the years to establish, support and promote treatment protocols that will address active tick borne infections.

Lyme disease patients will not benefit from a merger with autoimmune disorders, and in fact, could suffer a tremendous set-back if this were to occur.

>>> WHAT: Call or fax the following NJ Senators today.

Tell them you do NOT want Lyme disease in a center with disorders of unknown origin. Tell them the ONLY solution is to remove the words ``Lyme disease'' from the resolution. Leave your name contact info.

Senate Health Committee

Allen, Diane B.

Fax 609-239-2673

Phone (609) 239-2800

Baroni, Bill

Fax 609-631-0324

Phone (609) 631-9988

Gordon, Robert M.

Fax 201-703-8127

Phone (201) 703-9779

Kean, Jr., Thomas H.

Fax 908-232-3345

Phone (908) 232-3673

Redd, Dana L.

Fax 856-225-9369

Phone (856) 225-9068

Rice, Ronald L.

Fax 973-371-6738

Phone (973) 371-5665

Singer, Robert W.

Fax 732-901-0587

Phone (732) 901-0702

Whelan, Jim

Fax 609-383-1497

Phone (609) 383-1388

Vitale, Joseph F.

Fax 732-855-7558

Phone (732) 855-7441

Weinberg, Loretta

Fax 201-928-0406

Phone (201) 928-0100

BACKGROUND: For those who need background information on the issue:

In a clandestine behind the scenes movement, the chronic fatigue community worked to get the introduction and passage of a resolution in the NJ Assembly in May of this year and although they included Lyme disease as one of the autoimmune disorders having an unknown origin, they did not consult with or inform Lyme patients or the Lyme Community of their plans.

The resolution calls for the establishment of a neuroendocrine immune (NEI-a term coined apparently specifically by these advocates) treatment and research center in New Jersey after their plans to have one in Florida were abandoned.

The chronic fatigue advocates were joined by a few Lyme patients who met in NJ to quietly have this passed. One CFS advocate associated with the UMDNJ promoted his personal agenda for a center with what appeared to be the backing of the University of Medicine & Dentistry (UMDNJ).

After we investigated, we found that not only did he not speak for UMDNJ, the UMDNJ is not supporting this resolution nor the creation of the center.

The NEI advocates also stated the proposed center had the backing of the CDC & NIH. We checked with these government agencies and the Lyme program officers knew nothing about their plans for a NJ center or their plans to establish additional autoimmune centers in other areas of the country with the same mission.

[ 12-31-2009, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TC.

So interesting [Frown] to me how few really try to work together. (SATIRE ALERT ! SATIRE ALERT !)

Sounds like big egos up front !

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leggo of my big ego! HA!

[Big Grin]

Here is an update. Please feel free to share with others.

December 31, 2009 - UPDATE on contacting NJ Senators.

The NJ Senate offices will be closed for the holiday. Some of their phone mail boxes are currently full and are not accepting new messages. Please feel free to fax or use the email addresses below to contact the NJ Senators.

Some have web sites with contact forms and additional contact information, others have direct emails.

Your message can be very short and simple. Sample letter:

Dear Senator,

Please do NOT vote to pass SR-133 with the words ``Lyme disease'' included anywhere or anyway in the Resolution.

Thank you.

(Your name and address, and if you represent a group, name it)

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

NJ State Senators on Health Committee- Email Addresses

Allen, Diane B.
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/bio.asp?Leg=156

Baroni, Bill
[email protected]

Gordon, Robert M.
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/bio.asp?leg=307

Kean, Jr., Thomas H.
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=220

Rice, Ronald L.
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/bio.asp?Leg=85

Singer, Robert W.
http://singer.senatenj.com/contact.php

Whelan, Jim
http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/bio.asp?leg=301

Vitale, Joseph F.
[email protected]

Weinberg, Loretta
[email protected]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emails are easy enough... have you taken time to do yours?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I JUST FOUND THIS! Is it too late??? Let me know. MY GOD am I angry! I am livid!

I HATE PEOPLE! Sorry. I had to let that out. These kind of peolple make me wish I could die to stop having to live on the same planet with them.

Then I chide myself to "stop thinking die thoughts. Thoughts bring things."

I HATE LYME. WE are the only ones who know enough and give a rat's ***, and yet we're so sick.

This has me crying and bursting out in another fever flash of sweat. Sometimes I have no warning or reason for them, but stress always fires up a new one. They distress us and make us even sicker, oh and by the way. We have to fight anyway because the rest of the world has no clue.

This is too much.

--------------------
"SEVEN LYME FACTS THAT COULD HAVE SAVED ME" VISIT ME AT:

http://www.youtube.com/TickedOffLiterally

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.s. I'll still do it if I can and it's not too late. Who else is in to fight? ILADS, CALDA? Anyone?

--------------------
"SEVEN LYME FACTS THAT COULD HAVE SAVED ME" VISIT ME AT:

http://www.youtube.com/TickedOffLiterally

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement