LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I could use a hug and some prayers.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I could use a hug and some prayers.
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all.

Had a really, really bad day.

I had to put my 10.5 year old dog to sleep today.

With children as they were out of school due to the cold weather.

I am so saddened by his loss.

My youngest sobbed the whole way to the vets,

In the car the whole way home too.

I am still crying even though I know we gave him the greatest gift of love.

I am having anxiety that is about to put me through the roof.

Just started back on Malarone for a babesia relapse.

My marriage is in trouble.

Finances aren't too good.

A little hug and prayers would go a long way for me today.

Thank you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug] Geneal [group hug]

I'm so sorry that all this is happening to you.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Geneal,

[group hug]

I'm so sorry about your loss.

I have an 8 y.o. black lab named Rocky.

He's the love of my life and helped me through all of my treatment.

Praying for you and your family.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6164 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure you gave him a wonderful life. [kiss]

Sending hugs to you and your kids.
[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much.

I really am so blessed to have my prayers answered by Angels like all of you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a pet is devastating!

Prayers said for you and your family.

Hang in there!!!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you KNOW my prayers are winging that way as we speak.

Hang tough,,, oh tough one!!!

If you need a shoulder to cry on,,its here, a double xl

Usually marriage bliss and happy finances go hand in hand,,and bad ones of each are connected too.

Losing the dog sure didnt help I know. But you did what you COULD,,,you KNOW you did!!!

Where would he be today without you??

Take care and keep posting,,,talking heals the soul!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have been on my mind a lot lately.

[group hug] [group hug]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tNteadOLoo

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Geneal ... [group hug] [group hug]
Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,

Happy to give you big hugs right now....esp. since you've helped me so much along the way....

so, so, sorry about your dog...they're a part of the family. Hugs to your children too....

been thinking of you and of your strong spirit. I know that you'll get through this one too..

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so awful!! I've had to put a pet down too... really a hard thing to do.

I know you loved him well, as did everyone in your family. Once in awhile, I will dream about my dog .. he died 20 yrs ago!

So that love goes deep!

I will keep your family in my prayers, Geneal. [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,

I am very sorry for you and your family.

Perhaps it would help you and the kids to find some small ways of memorializing your doggie.

Even the kids drawing pictures of happy memories with your dog, planting a little garden in his honor (maybe indoor plants right now), or other ideas that you may have.

I wish it were easier to work through the grief but it will take time.

I am praying for you and your family for healing in many ways......BIG HUGS!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sorry to hear this news.

you dont deserve this!

MAy your dog RIP

I will say a prayer for all of you.

pm me anytime.

god bless,
melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, once, three years ago, I thought I was going to die. I was so down and out. Crying relentlessly.

And you were there for me. I don't know if you remember that, but I have not forgotten.

I'm holding you up in prayer. May these trials pass quickly and God restore you to a place of peace and stillness of heart.

Mary

[ 01-09-2010, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: lymewreck36 ]

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry, Geneal. [Frown]

*big hugs*

Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so very much.

Your prayers and hugs for me are such a blessing in this very difficult time.

Even with 6 other dogs, I just keep looking for him.

Watching for him and waiting.

My youngest cried himself to sleep last night.

He is really affected by Tupper's loss.

I had him cremated so I can keep him close to us.

My little one said he wanted a "leg bone" to keep.

He was really upset when I told him it didn't work that way.

That was kind of funny in a sad way.

I looked at pictures of him when he was hale and hearty

And thought "Oh my God!" When they go down gradually,

It is so very hard to see the changes.

They were pretty severe.

He couldn't drink water and we tried for two days to help him pull through.

I just didn't want to die of dehydration.

There was no interest and no joy in him.

Just calm acceptance of the end.

Don, greater words of wisdom. You are so right.

Thanks Dad.

Mary, You are so very kind to me as all of my friends here are.

A heartfelt thank you to all.

Also to AliG who let me cry on her shoulder yesterday.

Thanks for the shoulder and support.

I haven't eaten in about 2 days. Can't.

Just gag on food.

Already clothes that were tight are loose.

I can only hope and pray that the Lord allows me to return your love and support.

Hugs,

Geneal

jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal I am so sorry for your loss. I know that words cannot take the ache in your heart away but know that we are thinking about and praying for you.

Know that he will always be a part of your family and in time, when the pain has healed a bit, keep his memory alive by talking about all the funny and cute memories you have to hold on to.

Hugs

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,

Prayers and hugs to you for all that you are
going thru. You were one of the first to
reach out to me when my son was in trouble
over a yr. ago with symptoms. You should know
how much your kindness has helped. He is
doing so well now.

Hope things get better soon!

Posts: 476 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,
Your so welcome my dear. here is another whole round of hugs and well wishes since this is a NEW day,,,so you get new hugs and prayers

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so very sorry for your loss. i just about went out of my mind when my baby died and she was 12 1/2.

they truly give us unconditional love. no matter how many you have, you love them all.

it's especially hard on children.

you've been a steady rock for me and i appreciate all that you have done.

give yourself time to grieve, it's ok. look at pictures of them and remember.

we still talk about her practically every couple of days and laugh about the stuff she did.

maybe you could have a little ceremony with the children with the ashes and talk to her/him. like they did in marley and me. it might help

again, i am so very sorry.

i wish there ws something i could do for you so if you need anything, anything at all, just pm me.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's tough losing a pet. They are members of the family.

you will be in my prayers.

Janice

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs, Geneal, I'm so sorry .... [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

And, six dogs? Are you crazy???? (This coming from someone who has six kids and knows she is crazy!)

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you a Big Hug and lots of prayers too
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Geneal,

I am sooo sorry for your family.

I believe Tupper to be in a better place. Surely out of pain and illness.

It's so hard to see the children sad, but it is a teaching in the circle of life. Someday they will experience more loss, and remembering how they coped with Tupper will help stear them in any future loss even if it is more horrific.

Time is your best friend. Time lessens the pain. Try to celebrate Tupper's life with stories and laughter and remind them that he is not gone, but with God. He's playing one heck of a fetch with the big guy, and giving him a run for his money.

I can relate to finances. Mine aren't great either, nor is our health progress which means more money, or giving up and later even more money with less hope. I can imagine that everyone on this board relates to financial outcry, especially after the holidays. I am trying to plan and budget.

My husband and I go through ups and downs. We always circle back around and do it again. Sounds like it's just a low time that will pass. Crisis weighs even heavier.

Big Hugs [group hug] , and prayers. One day at a time. [kiss]

2roads

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

I feel like there is always a crisis.

Maybe one day I will get a "Crisis" free pass good for at least one week.

My husband and I have been through a lot.

More financial woes and difficulties than most.

Katrina, Lyme, rebuilding, no job, two jobs....

With two young children 6 and 8, times just go from mini crisis to max.

One failing reading. One thinks she is going on 19.

I know Tupper was truly loved.

I was wrong though. He was 11.5 years old.

It's funny that he was never a demanding dog.

Not one to be in the center of attention.

Just there. Mostly on the outskirts.

Funny how unassuming he was, he managed to wriggle his way

So deep into my heart and soul. I knew I loved him.

I just didn't realize how very much.

I think the experience was hard but good for the children.

They wanted to know why it was Tupper's time.

I told him because he was sick and not able to eat or drink.

Didn't want to go on walks. In short, didn't enjoy his life.

I told them that the greatest gift of love we could give him was to let him free of all of that.

I am trying to plan and budget. I've managed to curtail

Our grocery bill at Walmart from 300.00+ to 200.00 for two weeks.

I am rather proud of that.

Not easy when there are four people, but many dogs.

Most dogs are about 80-100lbs.

Tupper was 27lbs. Second to my smallest.

He required special dietary care though.

I miss fixing his "special" food.

He would "sing" to me and prance around.

I always fed him first.

He did this up until 3 days ago.

Had major GI surgery 3.5 years ago.

Never had a "normal" system.

I know he lasted this long because of our love and my dedication to his needs.

I'd do it again gladly.

He's not my first dog I've lost. Just the first I was able to hold

While he was being put to sleep. First time I had to make the decision.

Hard, so very hard. Yet, my Mom said that I would know when the time was right.

I did.

Thanks again from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers and hugs.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many Angels.

Thank you and Thank you God.

Hugs,

Geneal

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(((((Geneal)))))) sending you hugs and hope.

love, dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss Geneal.

Hope brighter days are in store for you and your family.

Hugs, Jane

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I can only hope and pray that the Lord allows me to return your love and support."

Geneal, Sweetestheart [group hug]

I sincerely doubt that I am the only one here that is indebted to you for love and support a thousand times over already. You've paid it forward many times.

You can cry on my shoulder ANYTIME!!! [group hug]

You know how I feel (heads up - aNOTHER incoming PM) & I'm even saying extra prayers for you over here.

I pray that God will send Angels to rest upon your shoulders to comfort you, give you strength & bring you peace.

MORE Love & hugs & prayers,
[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]
[group hug] [group hug]
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, you so deserve better days. I pray they are coming very soon. You hang in there for the kids and YOURSELF.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, lifting you and your family in prayer. I'm so sorry about Tupper.
Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you will have my prayers to comfort you.

[group hug]

And I was thinking MAYBE we should all chip in and buy you a firefighters hat.. one of those big yellow ones.

It seems it might be useful as you are always running around putting out fires, poor dear.. so my bet is it would come in handy!

May soon the fires you have to deal with, well I hope they will be warming your heart and not be a source of trouble.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending prayers up for your family during this time.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lots of loving thoughts coming your way. You did the absolute right thing for your darling friend. I had to do it once too and saying it is hard is almost insulting because it doesn't even come close to how sad it can be-but a day will come when it feels good to look back on your pup.

Good luck with your finances and marriage-you have been through more than most-try to pull out that inner fighter. My prayers are sent wishing you better days ahead...

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal,
I am so sorry about Tupper. It seems like just yesterday you lost your beloved pig; I am sure this loss brings that one to the surface as well.

You are, as I have said so many times before, one of the most pure, kind hearted people I have ever met on this board. I only wish more here would follow your lead.

I hate to hear of you hurting. I wish I could take it away. If we could all take a little piece of it from you so you would not have to suffer, we would.

You are a wonderful person. Sometimes changes in life are necessary. I am thinking about your marriage, and the many times you have been treated unfairly.

I don't want to overstep my bounds, but know that you have a lot of people loving you and pulling for you. You deserve to be happy, even if it means a difficult change and tough road in the beginning.

I've been there.....have never looked back once on my decision.

xoxoxo

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for a guiding light to help you down your dark and bumpy road.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grief from the loss of a pet is so very real.

Animals more than anyone can love us so unconditionally, good days/bad days no matter what.

Our Vet sends out sympathy cards to families that have had to put a pet down. It helps us to realize we made the right decision.

Take Care

Posts: 365 | From Sylvania | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement